lovechocolates

I have entered the US with a K1 pending

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone:

Sorry I cannot find past post to put my comment there but I am happy to share my experience for who are thinking about entering US while K1 is pending.

I flew from London to New York on 10th July (yesterday). I have prepared all the docs including employment letter, ticket itenary, landlord contract, mobile bill, bank statement and our NOA1 notification.

The little tip for all the friends coming to NY is that you'd better fly to JFK rather than Neward - adviced by my lawyer. In general, officers at Neward are tougher.

At my entery, there are more than 10 windows. I strongly suggested you to observe all of them first and choose the one you feel easier. I had a general walk and found one of them - a black lady, was smilling and chatting to each of the person. It seems she had a really good mood. Therefore, I went to her window.

Of course, she smiled to me and asked me the purpose of visit. I said I was visiting my finace. She asked me how long to stay and any present. I showed her my Scotland shortbread and told her I will be leaving on 19th April. She then laughed and asked me for how long we have engaged. I said about three months ago. Then she said when will be the wedding? I didn't think about the meaning of the question but answered very honestly that we are applying the finace visa and we will get married once it has been approved. Afterwards, I realised it was a really tricky question. She actually used to judge my intention of stay.

Finally, she didn't check any docs but smiled again: have a nice week with your fiance! Here I am!

I wish everyone a good luck and a nice weekend!

movingthread.jpg

Moved from Process to Progress.

----

Congrats! Thanks for the info!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
... I flew from London to New York on 10th July (yesterday).... and told her I will be leaving on 19th April...
Holy crud! 9 month stay??!?

USAGROOM: God Bless you for enduring a 429 day time since being together with your Fiance.

04/2008: First Met in Person - Macae Brazil

04/2008-07/2008: Corresponded

08/15/2008: Second Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Third Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Engaged

11/18/2008: K-1 129F Filed w/USCIS

11/20/2008: NOA1 Received

12/19/2008: Fourth Trip to Brazil

02/17/2009: Fifth Trip to Brazil

03/06/2009: Sixth Trip to Brazil

04/14/2009: NOA2 Email – APPROVED (HURRAY <"OBA" as they say in Brazil> !!!!)

04/17/2009: NVC Recv'd Approved K-1 Petition From USCIS; “AP” Advised By Phone (ARGH! All that VSC wait & here we go again !!!!)

04/23/2009: Seventh Trip to Brazil

05/18/2009: RELEASED FROM NVC !!! On the way to the Rio Consulate (FINALLY !!!)

05/28/2009: Eight Trip to Brazil

06/30/2009: Consulate Interview Rio and APPROVAL!!!!

07/16/2009: Final Trip to Brazil before entry to the USA

07/30/2009: Mike on work trip to Singapore for 9 days, return 08/08/2009

08/09/2009: Miche scheduled entry to the USA!! POE Houston

08/10/2009: Closed on new home

08/20/2009: Married in Las Vegas

10/27/2009: Filed I-485/I-131/I-765 with Chicago CIS Office

11/03/2009: NOA1's Received for I-485/I-131/I-765

11/09/2009: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received for 11/18/2009

11/21/2009: I-485 RFE Received; responded 12/07/09 (Birth Certificate Translation)

12/15/2009: Touched

12/18/2009: Touched

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... I flew from London to New York on 10th July (yesterday).... and told her I will be leaving on 19th April...
Holy crud! 9 month stay??!?

USAGROOM: God Bless you for enduring a 429 day time since being together with your Fiance.

It has been rough but Skype video phone calls twice a day have kept us close. We were going to file in May 2008 but the economy crashed and we decided to wait. We could only wait so long though. The time we spent in the waiting game has made us more strong, more acquainted, and more ready for our future (I have two kids, she has one). Aiyo, the problems of the past year were many but every day we saw each other and have relied upon each other for strength. The telling thing is we never wavered on our original commitment. Tons of worries about other things but never in our love.

At her father's 80th birthday they had a table setting for me (captured on video). Now that the time is drawing near for the visa process to fulfill, it is an incredible feeling. When I go there this month we fully plan on a week in bed just being close with each other. My little girl there has already agreed to bring us food and taking care of us for the week (along with gramma and grandpa who are also ready to make sure we have this time together). I sure hope the NOA2 happens when I am there to top off the bliss!!

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.