shelee

AOS/IV FEE BILL

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our lawyer sent already the payment for our combined AOS/IV FEE BILL thru money order one month ago but according to the operator of NVC they has'nt accepted the money yet. why is that? do you think somethings wrong going on with our case? those who has/had the same problem with us please I need your opinion and advice please help me.

Our lawyer sent already the payment for our combined AOS/IV FEE BILL thru money order one month ago but according to the operator of NVC they has'nt accepted the money yet. why is that? do you think somethings wrong going on with our case? those who has/had the same problem with us please I need your opinion and advice please help me.

hey ask ur attorney that how did he send it

did he send it via snail mail or via fed ex

or check with the money order issuer

hope u have a copy of the money order

good luck

the best thing u can do pay online now so u can do ur case fast

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hopefully it was sent through registered mail if he snail mailed it.

if so track the package.

track if they have been cashed at all

if not, put a stop on it and pay online

its the best way

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

dont take this the wrong way, but, DONT EVER USE A LAWYER for something you can do for yourself...i have heard many horror stories of people being scammed by lawyers....

Why did your lawyer send a money order in the first place. He or she should have deposited it into his account and paid it online.

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in your hearts you can overcome anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm a little confused...did your lawyer send 1 money order for both of the bills? I was not aware that you could do that? :unsure:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sorry for your delay

I see what you mean by "combined"

we had a lawyer at some point and he received a "combined" fee noticed that was forwarded to us

we did pay online

do you have your IIN? (is on his notices or you can ask the operator) (see LingChe NVC shortcuts for tips on NVC)

this way you can pay online at

https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

what money was sent? Was it cashed?

can you hold it so that it does not pay twice

can you get it back from your lawyer?

I am not familiar with lawyers paying maybe you can ask Fiaz and Brenda, I think they have a lawyer on there case too.

This is probably nothing wrong with your case

maybe with your lawyer who did not go the fastest way...

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.