Jeremy&SioTo

K1 Stuck at Embassy - Now What?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I posted this in the embassy section, but since so few people use the Hong Kong embassy I wanted to post here in the K1 section as well. We have our NOA2, and my fiance already had her embassy interview in Hong Kong. At the interview she was told to submit more evidence of relationship and her passport, and pay a postage fee to have her passport shipped back to her once the visa was issued. She dropped off the additional paperwork, and her passport, then after the 6-10 days we were told to wait they actually called my fiance on the phone and told her the director of the consulate was not approving the visa at this time. They requested my Fiance have an "immigration report" pulled from her home town of Macau and then submit that report for herself, and for me. She can not request the report for me, so we are not sure how to get that one.

The consulate agent then told her "we are mailing your passport back to you, without a visa. Once we get the immigration report the director will review it, and then we will send you another letter for another interview at a later time". My fiance asked them over and over for some kind of estiamted time, but they refused to give any timelines. They just told her "some cases can take an extra 6 months".

I am so confused, I do not understand what went wrong or why they did not issue the passport. We followed the examples here and submitted tons of emails, chats, pictures, etc...etc... We were approved on the USA side in a timely manner. She answered all the interview question and my affadavit of support was good. I just want to know what they can ascertain from her Macau immigration records, and why they did not ask for this the first time they asked for more documents.

I am also now worried our NOA2 will expire in the "maybe 6 more months" the agent was talking about. Are they just sending our whole packet back the USA?I am contacting a Hong Kong immigration lawyer today to help out, as at this point we are at a totla loss of what to do, and feeling very low and very desperate. It has been 8 months and we have followed every step and procedure and been approved for every other step, it is just so hard to understand why the embassy suddenly put the entire process on hold. They are impossible to get in touch with, and when I email them they just give stock answers that seem like no one there even read my email, just a junk mail form letter reply that they are working on the application.

I am also wondering if I should contact my senator now, is it the correct time for that? How long should you give the embassy before they are out of normal time limits?

Again, I posted this on the embassy board already. I just wanted to ask these question over here as I hoped more people might see it and have an idea. Sorry for the repeat post, I am just very upset and tired, and really need to hear some ideas. I am up late stressing out and can not sleep, so sorry if this is a long poorly written post, I just had to vent it all out so I could try to sleep.

Thanks.

Jeremy

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Hong Kong, China

Fiancé Hometown: Macau

12/01/2007: First met on a blind date at the Federal Dim Sum in Macau

02/06/2008: Engaged!

11/09/2008: Move back to USA from Macau after job transfer

11/19/2008: I-129F Sent

11/21/2008: I-129F NOA1

02/01/2009: Dora 90 day visa waiver expired, she returned to Macau to wait K1

03/27/2009: I-129F NOA2 Email

04/02/2009: I-129F NOA2 Letter in my mailbox

04/05/2009: Letter from NVC advising petition has been sent to Hong Kong Consulate

04/08/2009: Consulate Received

04/16/2009: Packet 3 Received

06/22/2009: Interview

07/07/2009: Placed in Administrative Processing at Hong Kong Embassy

09/18/2009: 2nd Interview at embassy, APPROVED!!!!!!!! (10 months from mailing in I-129F)

**/**/****: US Entry

**/**/****: Marriage

Timeline
I posted this in the embassy section, but since so few people use the Hong Kong embassy I wanted to post here in the K1 section as well. We have our NOA2, and my fiance already had her embassy interview in Hong Kong. At the interview she was told to submit more evidence of relationship and her passport, and pay a postage fee to have her passport shipped back to her once the visa was issued. She dropped off the additional paperwork, and her passport, then after the 6-10 days we were told to wait they actually called my fiance on the phone and told her the director of the consulate was not approving the visa at this time. They requested my Fiance have an "immigration report" pulled from her home town of Macau and then submit that report for herself, and for me. She can not request the report for me, so we are not sure how to get that one.

The consulate agent then told her "we are mailing your passport back to you, without a visa. Once we get the immigration report the director will review it, and then we will send you another letter for another interview at a later time". My fiance asked them over and over for some kind of estiamted time, but they refused to give any timelines. They just told her "some cases can take an extra 6 months".

I am so confused, I do not understand what went wrong or why they did not issue the passport. We followed the examples here and submitted tons of emails, chats, pictures, etc...etc... We were approved on the USA side in a timely manner. She answered all the interview question and my affadavit of support was good. I just want to know what they can ascertain from her Macau immigration records, and why they did not ask for this the first time they asked for more documents.

I am also now worried our NOA2 will expire in the "maybe 6 more months" the agent was talking about. Are they just sending our whole packet back the USA?I am contacting a Hong Kong immigration lawyer today to help out, as at this point we are at a totla loss of what to do, and feeling very low and very desperate. It has been 8 months and we have followed every step and procedure and been approved for every other step, it is just so hard to understand why the embassy suddenly put the entire process on hold. They are impossible to get in touch with, and when I email them they just give stock answers that seem like no one there even read my email, just a junk mail form letter reply that they are working on the application.

I am also wondering if I should contact my senator now, is it the correct time for that? How long should you give the embassy before they are out of normal time limits?

Again, I posted this on the embassy board already. I just wanted to ask these question over here as I hoped more people might see it and have an idea. Sorry for the repeat post, I am just very upset and tired, and really need to hear some ideas. I am up late stressing out and can not sleep, so sorry if this is a long poorly written post, I just had to vent it all out so I could try to sleep.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Just called Department of State, they said my case was noted as "in administrative processing" as of July 7th. From reading the other messages on the VJ I guess this means we are really screwed. I guess we now just sit for 6 more months. After 8 months to hear 6 more months is very depressing. I feel sick.

K-1 Visa

04/05/2009: Letter from NVC advising petition has been sent to Hong Kong Consulate

09/18/2009: 2nd Interview at embassy, APPROVED!!!!!!!! (10 months from mailing in I-129F)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You may want to read on this. It is a long one but I believe you would do well what usually goes on. I think you are under administrative review. That can happen at different levels; USCIS, NVC or EMBASSY.

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/Security...tiveReview.html

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

Timeline
You may want to read on this. It is a long one but I believe you would do well what usually goes on. I think you are under administrative review. That can happen at different levels; USCIS, NVC or EMBASSY.

Thanks for the link, this is a good resource. From reading this I think I know why I am in AP. I have a divorce in my past from my first wife. She was from Hong Kong, so the consulate must have flagged me for having a visa issued via DCF years back, so they are giving me a closer look before granting me a K1.

K-1 Visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

be Patient :star: all will be well (F)

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the link, this is a good resource. From reading this I think I know why I am in AP. I have a divorce in my past from my first wife. She was from Hong Kong, so the consulate must have flagged me for having a visa issued via DCF years back, so they are giving me a closer look before granting me a K1.

Although I can be of no assistance with this matter, my heart goes out to you. This could happen to any of us. Best wishes to you and you are in my prayers!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Good luck! The AP is taking place in Hong Kong, and who knows how long you should wait. If there are other issues (significant age difference, for example) they might be curious to find out from "hearsay" if her interest in marrying you is all about immigration and a green card. Remember, SHE is the one who has applied for the K-1. In spite of your prior marriage, the USCIS cleared your petition.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is scary because I've been acting like the interview is the very last thing & hoping he'll be able to fly here about a week later.

It must've felt AWFUL to get to that near-the-end step only to find this out. Sorry this happened to you. (F)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.