one...two...tree

Teabag shrivel

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

While you probably spent your Saturday with family and friends celebrating the Fourth of July, a dedicated group of "patriots" said the hell with marking the 233rd anniversary of our country's independence and instead decided to protest ... something. But judging from the crowd at this Tennessee tea party, there's been a severe case of shrinkage since conservatives discovered the joys of teabagging less than three month ago.

And so the (generously estimated) 30 attendees are sending a petition to someone, "asking for their constitutional rights to be reasserted." Which rights they've lost weren't spelled out, but that may have been because they were more concerned about what they were going to do with all of the leftover face paint and bean bags:

Maybe people needed better directions? Who knows why not that many showed up?" Phillips said.

"She (Phillips) was going to do face painting and bean bag tosses and everything here for the kids, for the families, but nobody showed up. Maybe Fourth of July is a bad day to have a Tea party," said Briggs.

Or maybe the wingnuttia can't act without a clarion call from their Fox News overlords.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/7/5/235...0379/186/750370

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Did anyone here attend a Teabag Rally on the 4th?

I did see one teeny tiny crowd in downtown- honestly there were about 10 folks there. Bless their confused souls.

arizona-iced-tea-96258.jpg

Nope.

:P

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

I didnt but I had some family that did and I think that speaks volumes because it was in a small town. Think what you will of it Steven but it is bigger than you give it credit.

said the hell with marking the 233rd anniversary of our country's independence and instead decided to protest ... something.

You dont see the connection?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didnt but I had some family that did and I think that speaks volumes because it was in a small town. Think what you will of it Steven but it is bigger than you give it credit.

Big enough to do what? Change voters' minds?