Ban Hammer

Ore. woman obsessed with bunnies back in jail

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

PORTLAND, Ore. - An Oregon woman obsessed with bunnies has been ordered back behind bars after police found her in a hotel room with more than a dozen rabbits.

Washington County Circuit Judge Gayle Nachtigal ruled Thursday that 47-year-old Miriam Sakewitz violated her probation by having the rabbits. The judge sentenced the woman to 90 days in the county jail.

Police arrested Sakewitz June 16 after she called a maintenance worker to her room in the Portland suburb of Tigard to fix a broken television set. The worker saw and smelled the rabbits, some of them hopping free.

The woman's legal problems began in 2006, when Hillsboro police found more than 150 rabbits in her home and dozens more bunny bodies in freezers. She was arrested on accusations of animal neglect. After pleading no contest, she was placed on five years probation, with one condition being that she stay away from rabbits.

Tigard Police spokesman Jim Wolf said Washington County animal control officers removed eight adult rabbits, five young ones and a dead one from the hotel room in the latest incident.

Washington County probation officer Bob Severe said Sakewitz had undergone a court-ordered mental evaluation but that no treatment was recommended.

0f8c1dee-0aa8-4bdf-b260-74a64f7f6fa2.widec.jpg

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
The woman's legal problems began in 2006, when Hillsboro police found more than 150 rabbits in her home and dozens more bunny bodies in freezers.

Ummm....yeah :unsure:

But tbh, people eat rabbit all the time I guess...

i don't think she had them for dinner. it sounds like she has a fascination with them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I saw this in the news last month.. I can only magine what the cop that pulled her over was thinking, when dispatch metioned the fact that she had abducted a large number of rabbits. "maam, where are the bunnies?" What do you think her response was?

This is a true OCD scenario isn't it? Just like those cat people we hear about with dozens of cats in a house.... but the ones in the freezer.. I'm thinking not there for food in her case...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Timeline
The woman's legal problems began in 2006, when Hillsboro police found more than 150 rabbits in her home and dozens more bunny bodies in freezers.

i don't think she had them for dinner. it sounds like she has a fascination with them.

I know that, I was just making a parallel. The author (imo) missed out on the point of the cruelty/illegality aspect...tons of rabbits and having some in the freezer sure is a bit insane, but thrown in jail? There's got to be more to it than this....

Timeline

I know that, I was just making a parallel. The author (imo) missed out on the point of the cruelty/illegality aspect...tons of rabbits and having some in the freezer sure is a bit insane, but thrown in jail? There's got to be more to it than this....

when i was a kid, my dad raised rabbits for food. having 150 in a home is a health hazard.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

when i was a kid, my dad raised rabbits for food. having 150 in a home is a health hazard.

Well sure, but seems to me that's more of a zoning issue....

Timeline

Well sure, but seems to me that's more of a zoning issue....

or a nasal issue :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I saw this in the news last month.. I can only magine what the cop that pulled her over was thinking, when dispatch metioned the fact that she had abducted a large number of rabbits. "maam, where are the bunnies?" What do you think her response was?

This is a true OCD scenario isn't it? Just like those cat people we hear about with dozens of cats in a house.... but the ones in the freezer.. I'm thinking not there for food in her case...

She couldn't even part with the dead ones.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So much for Easter.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Miriam Sakewitz does.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is. She's a total mental health case that they keep trying to cycle through the legal system.

She went and stole back some of the first bunnies lifted off of her. She just can not stop with the bunnies. It's been going on for a few years now, but I said the same thing to the DH.. why bother with jail when she hasn't obeyed ANY court order on her since her first contact (especially when we're releasing actual criminals). Apparently she's going to get some forced treatment this time, but you've got to wonder if it'll stick.

Poor bunny lady.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She had previously been put on probation for having too many rabbits and the judge ordered her to stay away from bunnies.... the rabbits that they took from her .. she later "rescued" and then fled.... They found her with some of the rescued rabbits in her vehicle and the rest were at a nearby farm...

Can you imagine being in the courtroom hearing the judge say " and I hereby order you to have no further contact with any bunnies for the next %@ years" This is just so out there in so many ways....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.