rockhouse

Question about honeymoon after marriage...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all,

i was wondering. After my fiancee and i marry, (she's coming on a K1), would we be able to take a cruise for our honeymoon? We wanted to take a week long mexican carnival cruise. Would she be able to do that? I know the rules are a little different on cruise ships, but we are not sure.

Any info is appreciated!

29ngqhd.jpg

Timeline

Nope, she can't do it, can't leave the country until she gets GC.

There is advance patrol, but that has to be applied for during AOS and so you won't get it for a while after applying for AOS.

Timeline

^So even though a passport is not needed for a cruise ship to mexico, she cannot do it? My sister and her family just got back from one and they went onshore at different ports in mexico and even rented a jeep to cruise around in for a few hours while at port, and none of them had to have a passport...only the cruise ship registry ID card.

I am confused as to whether or not a cruise ship is considered leaving the country if no passport is needed.

29ngqhd.jpg

Timeline
^So even though a passport is not needed for a cruise ship to mexico, she cannot do it? My sister and her family just got back from one and they went onshore at different ports in mexico and even rented a jeep to cruise around in for a few hours while at port, and none of them had to have a passport...only the cruise ship registry ID card.

I am confused as to whether or not a cruise ship is considered leaving the country if no passport is needed.

They just recently announced that the new rules for Americans going to Bahamas, Mexico and Canada will need passports. It used to be you just needed a drivers license or birth certificate, but since the tightening of the immigration laws thats all changed. Good luck

That applies to Cruise ships, Airlplane, etc.

Edited by Mr.&Mrs.A

Not having a passport for a cruise ship is irrelevant here. The thing is, your fiancee CANNOT leave the US after marriage until she gets her greencard ( unless she applies for advance parole which can be included with the AOS application) . If she leaves outside the US without both ,you will have to start the process all over again. You may want to make other honeymoon plans which do not include leaving the US.

Goodluck

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
^source?

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

They just recently announced that the new rules for Americans going to Bahamas, Mexico and Canada will need passports. It used to be you just needed a drivers license or birth certificate, but since the tightening of the immigration laws thats all changed. Good luck

Quick question... Not really connected with Mexico question of Op.

I have my green card right now. I want to go to bahamas for a vacation. I do have my P.I. passport. I plan to fly to bahamas. I know greencard is enough for me to enter Bahamas. If Bahamas requries passport, do i need to get a visa to enter Bahamas since I'm not yet a US citizen?

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Timeline
^source?

thats true...you need to bring your passport (for USC) and passport and GC (for non-USC) before they will let you board the ship...or your fiancee will not need GC if she will have an unexpired US visa (but since shes holding a K1...its valid for one entry only)... and also..some port will ask for an ID (DL or GC) before you can tour the island...they will check if the name match with the card that the cruise ship will give you...

just went to a cruise last May 2009.

Filed: Timeline

I have my green card right now. I want to go to bahamas for a vacation. I do have my P.I. passport. I plan to fly to bahamas. I know greencard is enough for me to enter Bahamas. If Bahamas requries passport, do i need to get a visa to enter Bahamas since I'm not yet a US citizen?

hello...went to bahamas when we had our cruise...yes you will need your passport and GC but you dont need to get a visa go enter bahamas...

"Bahamas visa is not required for citizens of Philippines for a stay up to 30 days.Traveler must present an original passport and their original Green Card upon entry."Maximum stay in Bahamas: 30 days

hello...went to bahamas when we had our cruise...yes you will need your passport and GC but you dont need to get a visa go enter bahamas...

"Bahamas visa is not required for citizens of Philippines for a stay up to 30 days.Traveler must present an original passport and their original Green Card upon entry."Maximum stay in Bahamas: 30 days

Thanks for confirming. Its good to know that i coud fly to Bahamas anytime i want. :)

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.