833 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Today just been a day from hell.. at work

I wish I can quit at this point and sit at home.. Yes I can quit.. but then I look at the future and thing I will have to support us while he wait for his papers.

Montreal still did not answer.. and now it is close to 8 PM and I am about to burst in tears cause I don't know what else I can do.

Should I call DOS and complain? will that help?

How can I found out if Montreal requested our file to transfer from Baghdad.

I wish I can find a person working in Montreal that can help..

Lord.. please I pray you make things goes in order..

I sent them an e-mail in mid October and it took 5 full days to respond. And I know that the last few weeks that they have been doing a blitz on interviews to get the backlog cleared up a bit. I would wait until Tues am and if you haven't heard anything e-mail again. There is no way you can phone the consulate in Montreal.....corrospondance is via e-mail only.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

When I see people getting packet 3, or setting up interview date I wonder why this is not happening to us

You would think a consulate like Montreal should have more people since it covers over 60% of canada..

I can voluntree my hours there if they want.. FREE... just get me some news...

All I want to see the package moved from Baghdad to Canada... then it can take it is time...

Keep me in your prayer

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey All

I havent been on this thread in a while... I have my interview on tuesday next week.. I got most of my things ready today and just need to print out a few emails as evidence of proof of our relationship.

I hope all goes well.. I will keep you all updated

Hope everyone's cases are progressing well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ok, I just ran to the mailbox and sent my packet 3 back.

And now, I absolutly can't focus on work...

I am sooo stressed already...

I can't imagine how it will be like when I'll finally get the interview date.

My monkey, him, seems absolutly not stressed at all but more like one a little pink cloud.

Which is a good thing, I guess. :)

Still, I hate this torturing process!

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

:star: Hi everyone, we haven't been on here in a few days. We've been concentrating on getting all of our doggy's paperwork together. Our lovely labrador will be making our way over to the U S of A with us next year so we've been trying to get that all straightened. Seems this is all one headache after another. She has been ill aswell this week, she had a seisure on Saturday so I've been out of my mind with worry about that for a week... poor baby.

So glad that that things are all moving swiftly for everyone. Its all good news! Good luck to those with interviews! Keep us informed!

Anyway, yaaaaaay! NVC recieved our case on Nov 9th, and it was sent to London on Nov 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaay!

Does anyone know how to track our case on the DHL website? We tried putting in 'EXPNOV12' as directed by another thread but that didnt work, so we tried 'LNDNOV12' and still got no joy. Does anyone know how to track it successfully and what is the next step? Do we call our local Embassy to find out if they've recieved it? And if so, how long do we allow for that? Also can I go ahead and book my medical now, for when Russ is here next month?

(pdcvcm @ Nov 11 2009, 10:57 PM)

Russ& Rachel - Russ & Rachel (One of my favorite British posters! I mostly interact with the USC women waiting for their blokes )

Awwwwwww... so cute you guys are!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Does anyone know how to track our case on the DHL website? We tried putting in 'EXPNOV12' as directed by another thread but that didnt work, so we tried 'LNDNOV12' and still got no joy. Does anyone know how to track it successfully and what is the next step? Do we call our local Embassy to find out if they've recieved it? And if so, how long do we allow for that? Also can I go ahead and book my medical now, for when Russ is here next month?

'EXP 12 NOV 2009A' Maybe it is DHL tracking number 8809227125?

edit:

Mine also was suppose to go on a Thursday. It arrived Monday morning and they sent out the P3 2 weeks later. London is amazingly slow normally and this time of year is not the best. I hope you have the police cert, birth cert, I134 and everything else ready to go. You can start filling out the 4 DS forms and checklist using the LND number NVC gave you. I would send the checklist and forms back as soon as they say P3 has been sent by london.

Do you have the medical taken care of? I would also do that ASAP too.. my fiance is the brit and he has not been following the forums so he waited and waited and we hit some small stressful delays because of it.

Hope your dog feels better soon!

Edited by Waiting Sucks

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

Hello,

It is end of the week and no response from Montreal.

The suprise I got email from Baghdad Embassy indicating that file for my finace is recieved and if I wish to move it to Montreal then I need to request that from Montreal. I just don't understand when DOS said file was in Baghdad on NOv 2nd and now after 11 Days Baghdad says it arrived???

Yet DOS said that packet 3 was sent.. where we don't know.. nothing at his APO location.

I pray for some good news.. I really do need it..

have good weekend all

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

It is Saturday evening ...

There is no news at all.. I was hoping that consulate repond to me like they did last weekend.

I guess must suffer through Sunday and wait to see what will Monday bring.

I guess my only option to see if anything change by calling the DOS and see status of case.

We have only 3 months till the NOA2 expaire.. I started to panic from now, what if I don't have interview date by then?? do they extend the NOA2...

I need to go pray ..

Batta.. all alone

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline
It is Saturday evening ...

There is no news at all.. I was hoping that consulate repond to me like they did last weekend.

I guess must suffer through Sunday and wait to see what will Monday bring.

I guess my only option to see if anything change by calling the DOS and see status of case.

We have only 3 months till the NOA2 expaire.. I started to panic from now, what if I don't have interview date by then?? do they extend the NOA2...

I need to go pray ..

Batta.. all alone

They will automatically extend the NOA2. You don't have to request it or anything. Don't stress about that. If you put questions about this into the Canada fourm you will get more accurate responses since at the Consulate stage, each consulate has a different way of doing things. As much as we want to remain as a "July 09 VSC" group....there are some things that are consulate specific at this stage and you will get more accurate answers there. I have learned so much by reading the Canadian group over the past few months that I am already totally prepared for my interview. There are several posters there that have successfully been through the K1 process and they are more than willing to help you along the way!!

Timeline

Thank you Coleen.

I have posted there before.. and just did now again.

Honestly, I am thinking so hard to get married here in the states since he is already here.. and just start the process again based on marraige.

I don't think I cam wait longer and longer..

I felt so bad cause I made him change his mind about going to Afghan with another job, and was crying like a baby because worried about his life.

He already resigned to go there, and when he accepted to come back to usa.. now this waiting game.

All I can ask, is for the lord on this beautiful Sunday, to give me strength to ease my frusturation.

//Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline
Thank you Coleen.

I have posted there before.. and just did now again.

Honestly, I am thinking so hard to get married here in the states since he is already here.. and just start the process again based on marraige.

I don't think I cam wait longer and longer..

I felt so bad cause I made him change his mind about going to Afghan with another job, and was crying like a baby because worried about his life.

He already resigned to go there, and when he accepted to come back to usa.. now this waiting game.

All I can ask, is for the lord on this beautiful Sunday, to give me strength to ease my frusturation.

//Batta

It is only going to be another couple of months, and I know it is very difficult to wait, we are all going thru it. But it will be so worth it in the end. If you get married there and try to adjust status, you may have issues proving you didn't have intent on marrying when he entered the country since you had a pending K1 visa. And going the CR1 route....would give you a lot more waiting apart. And it seems it takes far longer to get a CR1 interview at montreal than it does to get a K1.

Be strong and you will get through it!!!

Timeline

We all tend to loose our mind at one point or another.

I filed my packet 3 in a rush, and of course I made a mistake.

Well, not a very significant mistake, some of the dates in my employment history are totally wrong...

Batta, you need to put your shits together otherwise you may do some mistakes or wrong decisions.

Wait a few more days for the embassy reply, I would think that the documents you sent are fine and being processed now.

See it as "no news, good news".

Timeline
We all tend to loose our mind at one point or another.

I filed my packet 3 in a rush, and of course I made a mistake.

Well, not a very significant mistake, some of the dates in my employment history are totally wrong...

Batta, you need to put your shits together otherwise you may do some mistakes or wrong decisions.

Wait a few more days for the embassy reply, I would think that the documents you sent are fine and being processed now.

See it as "no news, good news".

I did a favor for myself and went out shoe shopping. This is all I needed to feel good, just a nice pair of shoes..

I think I need the holiday to come so can have some fun, see family and eat lots of good home cooking.

It is the cold weather in Chicago is getting to me.. I think as the weather change, and no more light clothes.. one tend to get depressed.

Eastern DE...

I don't expect the consulate to have you remember your dates 100%. I feel if they are off by couple of weeks, it is not a bigge..

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

Well, it's a copy/paste mistake, it's not the good years. ^_^

(Instead of 1996 - 2001, i put 2001 2004, which makes the whole history incoherent...)

But i'm pretty sure it's still ok, i'll just correct it at the interview.

I'm not sure, the employement and degrees history are very revelant for K1 anyway.

Batta, you have that awesome chance to be able to spend the holidays with your S/O.

Don't make it all about the visa and the wedding, because it's not...

I can see my monkey is tired of me talking just about that...

Ok, the people who get their interview this week better write a full review here!

We're looking forward to it!

:star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

I will definitely keep you posted and as soon as I come out of the interview on Thursday I will write a full review. :)

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Hugs to all,

Ileana

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live

long enough to make them all yourself." Admiral Hyman Rickover

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.