K-3 Sponsor

I-751 Receipt-Dependents NOT Named on receipt even though were on application

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everybody,

We sent in our I-751 for my wife and 2 stepchildren, including a check for $705 that covered the applciation fee plus 3 biometric fees. Vermont Service Center cashed the check and we received the receipt notice.

The problem:

The receipt notice did not name our 2 stepchildren who were included on the application, and who's conditional residence cards have also expired. There is no mention of any name/person/application/case number other than my wife.

The 2 stepchildren will be visiting their grandparents in Toronto in August. We will be joining them and re-entering the U.S. as a family. Can they re-enter with the receipt that only names my wife, and not them specifically? I don't want to encounter a major problem at the border. They're flying to Toronto from the U.S. on their own, but I don't think their U.S. immigration paperwork will be questioned when entering Canada, but it could. Either way I think USCIS should have named all persons who were on the same application, but of course they appear to have made yet another mistake on our paperwork.

I've tried to call Vermont for clarification, but the number listed on the receipt (802-527-4913) is "not in service." Big surprise considering the horrible service we've received along the way. :wacko:

Receipt notice for the I-751 does not extend your conditional residence. You need to get an extension letter/stamp from my understanding.

Try contacting USCIS and make an infopass to correct this issue. (you can do so on their website)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Receipt notice for the I-751 does not extend your conditional residence. You need to get an extension letter/stamp from my understanding.

Try contacting USCIS and make an infopass to correct this issue. (you can do so on their website)

Not true. The NOA 1 - AKA receipt notice for I-751 clearly states that the conditional resident status is extended for a year.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Not true. The NOA 1 - AKA receipt notice for I-751 clearly states that the conditional resident status is extended for a year.

Ah - hence my understanding was incorrect. :thumbs:

However, the OP will still need to contact the USCIS since her children are not listed on the receipt.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Whose A number is on the receipt?

Hi everybody,

We sent in our I-751 for my wife and 2 stepchildren, including a check for $705 that covered the applciation fee plus 3 biometric fees. Vermont Service Center cashed the check and we received the receipt notice.

The problem:

The receipt notice did not name our 2 stepchildren who were included on the application, and who's conditional residence cards have also expired. There is no mention of any name/person/application/case number other than my wife.

The 2 stepchildren will be visiting their grandparents in Toronto in August. We will be joining them and re-entering the U.S. as a family. Can they re-enter with the receipt that only names my wife, and not them specifically? I don't want to encounter a major problem at the border. They're flying to Toronto from the U.S. on their own, but I don't think their U.S. immigration paperwork will be questioned when entering Canada, but it could. Either way I think USCIS should have named all persons who were on the same application, but of course they appear to have made yet another mistake on our paperwork.

I've tried to call Vermont for clarification, but the number listed on the receipt (802-527-4913) is "not in service." Big surprise considering the horrible service we've received along the way. :wacko:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.