Walace

Request for Initicial Evidence Letter

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys... last week I just received a RFE letter...

I sent the response back last friday and they received Monday afternoon....

now what happens? when they process the letter will they let me know that it was accepted?

what I still have is this message!

Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD

On June 15, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address.

thanks!

They usually do not tell you what happens, unless it was wrong, or they need more evidence.

If it's right, they will process your application and you will get that notification when it's approved.

The online system is slow in updating sometimes.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Same thing happened to me with my RFE and after weeks and weeks the website said the same thing....CASE PLACE ON HOLD APRIL 13th bla bla....and I already have an interview date for july 30th...I think just takes time for them to update the case online....dont worry meu amigo!!!! e Boa sorte....

AOS

AOS - Send I-485 March 26TH 2009

NOA I-485 April 1st 2009 - received

RFE - request initial evidence for I 864 April 13TH 2009

SENT evidence April 23rd 2009

BIOMETRICS DATE April 24th 2009 - Done

NOA I-485 JUNE 15th

INTERVIEW DATE JULY 30TH 2009 - APPROVED 10 year Green Card!!!!!

brazil.gif

now what happens? when they process the letter will they let me know that it was accepted?

Once they process your submission, the case status will change to this:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed

Edited by Eric-Pris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.