lovekoto

Can my fiance apply K1visa after his wife died?

27 posts in this topic

Hi again.. I am really a new member here. I posted one topic then I was very happy when I checked it out that someone replied immediately. Thank you so much.

MY concern is if CAn my fiance apply for me a K1 visa already after his wife died last dec 2008? my fiance called up USCIS about this matter before we meet here in Philippines. They said my fiance must just send his wife's death certificate to withdraw permanent residence.

I just want to know if there is a specific year before a widower can get married? we have known each other for 6 mos already.

Who among you guys with the same situation like me? can u share it with me. Im just assuring na walng magiging conflict once we start the process.

Hoping for your reply, Thank you po in advanve. MABUHAY!!!

God is good all the time..

i would think that as long as he can produce a death certificate then there should be no problem.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Hi again.. I am really a new member here. I posted one topic then I was very happy when I checked it out that someone replied immediately. Thank you so much.

MY concern is if CAn my fiance apply for me a K1 visa already after his wife died last dec 2008? my fiance called up USCIS about this matter before we meet here in Philippines. They said my fiance must just send his wife's death certificate to withdraw permanent residence.

I just want to know if there is a specific year before a widower can get married? we have known each other for 6 mos already.

Who among you guys with the same situation like me? can u share it with me. Im just assuring na walng magiging conflict once we start the process.

Wife died on DECEMBER 2008? and its July now....6 months after wife died?! wow! that was kinda fast for a recovery period...

Sorry..i was just amazed on how other people move on so fast. My shitzu died last September 2008, until now I can't move on.....

Well. as long as your fiance is holding his wife's death certificate (coz they need it as a requirement in applying for K1) I guess you're good to go...

To be honest, he still cried when we talked about his wife. After his wife died, he always cried. Then one day he was talking his wife, looking at his wife's picture and holding the urn where the cremated ashes put, he was asking if he can talk to someone and go online for him not to be lonely. Its not really the intention of finding a woman immediately online. He said he just needed someone to talk to, to voice out whats on his heart and mind. He was still grieving that time. he is living alone, his family and relatives are based on other places. Thats why he is reallyy lonely.

Then, after he talked to his wife while crying (just looking at the picture) that day we met online. It is really amazing the love story we had. We believed that his wife led our paths to become lovers. We believed we have the blessings of her.

Marami pong salamat sa reply. It is very well appreciated.. MABUHAY..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

but yet you have never met face to face

YMMV

but yet you have never met face to face

Good Point... :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
WE have met in person already..

MY concern is if CAn my fiance apply for me a K1 visa already after his wife died last dec 2008? my fiance called up USCIS about this matter before we meet here in Philippines.

hmmmmm, OK

YMMV

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
i would think that as long as he can produce a death certificate then there should be no problem.

i would guess this guy is over 50, and you are under 30? trust me, people do not get over death of a long term partner quickly. you should be careful with your own future, as this guy is not yet competent to make decisions regarding his future. he will go through big changes over the next 3-5 years related to the loss of his last relationship (assuming they were married 15-25 years), and these changes may not be what you want to witness or deal with.

at best, you will have to listen to him cry, watch him sit silently, wait for hours for him to answer you, and accept his refusal of many of your requests. he is delaying the process of grieving by involving himself with you, but it has to happen eventually, one way or another. grief is not something you can do while in a marriage relationship. it has to happen alone. the result is that you may find he spends years of your marriage "alone". he is just not ready to create a new love. he has to seperate himself from the old one and remember who he is as an individual, first.

people often seek out new relationships immediately after loss to avoid the inevitable. often they seek just any relationship to fill the void, and regret the choice later on. they then have to deal with the regret by seperating again, either physically and legally, or just emotionally and practically.

assuming that what you want is an involving relationship, everything you do may not be enough. he may reject you anyway. if you just like the idea of an American husband for a little while, this may be the right guy for you. if you are talking about a lifetime plan, it could work out but is going to cost you a lot of dissappointment.

this is the understanding of a middle aged American guy who has seen friends and relations go through similar circumstances, and may not be valid for your individual situation, but will be for many.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Timeline

i would guess this guy is over 50, and you are under 30? trust me, people do not get over death of a long term partner quickly. you should be careful with your own future, as this guy is not yet competent to make decisions regarding his future. he will go through big changes over the next 3-5 years related to the loss of his last relationship (assuming they were married 15-25 years), and these changes may not be what you want to witness or deal with.

at best, you will have to listen to him cry, watch him sit silently, wait for hours for him to answer you, and accept his refusal of many of your requests. he is delaying the process of grieving by involving himself with you, but it has to happen eventually, one way or another. grief is not something you can do while in a marriage relationship. it has to happen alone. the result is that you may find he spends years of your marriage "alone". he is just not ready to create a new love. he has to seperate himself from the old one and remember who he is as an individual, first.

people often seek out new relationships immediately after loss to avoid the inevitable. often they seek just any relationship to fill the void, and regret the choice later on. they then have to deal with the regret by seperating again, either physically and legally, or just emotionally and practically.

assuming that what you want is an involving relationship, everything you do may not be enough. he may reject you anyway. if you just like the idea of an American husband for a little while, this may be the right guy for you. if you are talking about a lifetime plan, it could work out but is going to cost you a lot of dissappointment.

this is the understanding of a middle aged American guy who has seen friends and relations go through similar circumstances, and may not be valid for your individual situation, but will be for many.

I agree :thumbs:

He had relationship with his deceased wife for almost two years online plus in states as husband and wife. Yeah although he is very happy being with me online, but I can see and I can feel he still loves his wife and he is still remembering her and he is still crying when someone open up a topic how a good wife he had. He is truthful about his feelings, he said to me he is still talking to his wife everyday (just holding the urn) and thanking God for giving a wonderful and great wife.

He said to me do not feel bad. The first time we met online, i was just listening to his stories, about his wife. We did not expect that we will fall in love to each other. I said to him I will let him first to grieve and mourn about what had happened to him and to his wife.

To be honest, I am hurt sometimes but I always listened to him unconditionally. I did not leave him rather appreciating him more because he is very loving husband to his wife.

I am 22 years old and he is 45 years old.

Thank you very much again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

All I want to ask is if you are thinking rationally? A man lost his wife in december and you are ready to be the wife and have met him already(barely 6 months after she passed away?). People who break up take longer time recovering and a man lost his wife and all you really think you can fill that void so soon? Am dumfounded for real. Just my initial thoughts and not meant to offend you in any way.

I haven't seen anyone on here with the same issues but like previous replies have pointed out, there is no waiting time but you must have met within the last 2 years and he has got her death certificate.

Filed: Timeline
He had relationship with his deceased wife for almost two years online plus in states as husband and wife. Yeah although he is very happy being with me online, but I can see and I can feel he still loves his wife and he is still remembering her and he is still crying when someone open up a topic how a good wife he had. He is truthful about his feelings, he said to me he is still talking to his wife everyday (just holding the urn) and thanking God for giving a wonderful and great wife.

He said to me do not feel bad. The first time we met online, i was just listening to his stories, about his wife. We did not expect that we will fall in love to each other. I said to him I will let him first to grieve and mourn about what had happened to him and to his wife.

To be honest, I am hurt sometimes but I always listened to him unconditionally. I did not leave him rather appreciating him more because he is very loving husband to his wife.

I am 22 years old and he is 45 years old.

Thank you very much again.

He is not looking for a wife, he is looking for someone to listen to him and be with him as he go through his pain. Of course he is happy with you because you are willing to listen to him, at least he doesn't need to go a therapy or see a psychiatrist/ psychologist/ couselor. Maybe you should think about it more what kind of love he is talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A wise friend of mine told me a story of a couple who were both widowed before they got married. They had only been widowed a short time before they got married. They were very excited and happy, got married, and went to Hawaii for their honeymoon.

One of them had a great marriage with their late spouse, and expected the new partner to be everything their lost love was. Of course they are not the same person, so this led to disappointment. The other one had a terrible prior marriage, and expected the new partner to be everything their lost spouse was not. This led to disappointment as well.

By the time they got back from their honeymoon they were already sleeping in separate beds. (or maybe it was separate rooms)

This is a true story! Please be cautious!

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.