lovekoto

Can my fiance apply K1visa after his wife died?

27 posts in this topic

i didnt say anything more than answer your question pointblank because i thought it wasnt my business to poke my nose but since it has been started already, i might as well offer unsolicited advice. a man who still cries and talks to an urn everyday has not gotten over his grief yet and is using you to fill a void in his life. are you willing to listen to him talk about his first wife and how good she was everyday? are you ready to listen to him talk about his first wife's good qualities whenever you are at a gathering with friends? eventually, you will feel like you will never be good enough for him . you will always feel being compared to his first wife and you will always have 2nd place in his heart. i know a woman who is in the same situation, she would constantly cry because each time they are with friends, her american husband would not stop talking about his deceased wife . in the end, life will be miserable for you. however, if youre willing to go ahead with this, the decision is yours and as i said before, as long as he has the death certificate, there should be no problem.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

i didnt say anything more than answer your question pointblank because i thought it wasnt my business to poke my nose but since it has been started already, i might as well offer unsolicited advice. a man who still cries and talks to an urn everyday has not gotten over his grief yet and is using you to fill a void in his life. are you willing to listen to him talk about his first wife and how good she was everyday? are you ready to listen to him talk about his first wife's good qualities whenever you are at a gathering with friends? eventually, you will feel like you will never be good enough for him . you will always feel being compared to his first wife and you will always have 2nd place in his heart. i know a woman who is in the same situation, she would constantly cry because each time they are with friends, her american husband would not stop talking about his deceased wife . in the end, life will be miserable for you. however, if youre willing to go ahead with this, the decision is yours and as i said before, as long as he has the death certificate, there should be no problem.

VERY WELL SAID Ate Ganda! :thumbs:

Sorry I started reacting about your situation, I'm just shocked that a 22 year old, single, beautiful(all filipinas are, no doubt about it!) woman will end up as a shock-absorber?

Think again,maybe he is very sensitive with your feelings right now, because he himself is sensitive too.

I'm not even near telling you to leave him,,,if he is your happiness, and if you can manage to do all the above mentioned, then I'll be happy for you.

Goodluck on your journey kapatid!

I for one have lost 2 wives in death. He should have no problems at all petitioning you. Word of advice! Make sure that this is what he wants. Everyone deserves to be Happy and to be with someone that they can love and be loved by. I just don't want to see you as a quick replacement for his deceased wife.

Mourning and grief affects everyone differently. There is no time limit or set pattern that a person has to go by. If possible, delay sending in the petition for a few more months. This will help him clear his head and hopefully help him overcome the pain he is going through right now. I wish you both the best!! Stay close to each other and let time heal the pain. Good luck to you!!! :thumbs:

Edited by DARUMA07

I always believe,it's polite not to pry...But Death is more difficult than a breakup you seem to be more tolerant of your fiance who will blubber about his former wife and how sad he is that she’s gone...A marriage to a widower isn’t all about his grief and tiptoeing gently around it. YOUR feelings matter, too, and they deserve validation, no matter how petty, insensitive (to grief), and unrealistic the outside world may find them...

You cannot love a widower enough to make him forget his late wife. Yes, time is a healer, and along every grief journey, sadness turns to joy at some point. However, do not be fooled into thinking that your fiance’s late wife’s death anniversary or their wedding anniversary, her birthday, or holidays will be grief-free.

So good luck and God bless on your Visa journey :)

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

I always believe,it's polite not to pry...But Death is more difficult than a breakup you seem to be more tolerant of your fiance who will blubber about his former wife and how sad he is that she’s gone...A marriage to a widower isn’t all about his grief and tiptoeing gently around it. YOUR feelings matter, too, and they deserve validation, no matter how petty, insensitive (to grief), and unrealistic the outside world may find them...

You cannot love a widower enough to make him forget his late wife. Yes, time is a healer, and along every grief journey, sadness turns to joy at some point. However, do not be fooled into thinking that your fiance’s late wife’s death anniversary or their wedding anniversary, her birthday, or holidays will be grief-free.

and the "KAMAHALAN" had spoken!!! LOL :devil: :devil: :devil:

Edited by Mariel_Esteban

and the "KAMAHALAN" had spoken!!! LOL :devil::devil::devil:

Yikesss you scare the living hell out of me...hehe saan ka ba galing?

:devil:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

and the "KAMAHALAN" had spoken!!! LOL :devil::devil::devil:

Yikesss you scare the living hell out of me...hehe saan ka ba galing?

:devil:

as usual tinatatmad na naman sa trabaho..hehehe

Very well said Ate Toni... :thumbs:

as usual tinatatmad na naman sa trabaho..hehehe

Very well said Ate Toni... :thumbs:

Bat kasi magtrabaho pa eh?ako nga Pal. eh :devil:

:secret:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

He had relationship with his deceased wife for almost two years online plus in states as husband and wife. Yeah although he is very happy being with me online, but I can see and I can feel he still loves his wife and he is still remembering her and he is still crying when someone open up a topic how a good wife he had. He is truthful about his feelings, he said to me he is still talking to his wife everyday (just holding the urn) and thanking God for giving a wonderful and great wife.

He said to me do not feel bad. The first time we met online, i was just listening to his stories, about his wife. We did not expect that we will fall in love to each other. I said to him I will let him first to grieve and mourn about what had happened to him and to his wife.

To be honest, I am hurt sometimes but I always listened to him unconditionally. I did not leave him rather appreciating him more because he is very loving husband to his wife.

I am 22 years old and he is 45 years old.

Thank you very much again.

since he and his late wife met online...so it only means he is just talking to you online too because thats how they met.

dont rush girl...take it easy anyway usa wont disappear. God bless you always.

Filed: Timeline
He had relationship with his deceased wife for almost two years online plus in states as husband and wife. Yeah although he is very happy being with me online, but I can see and I can feel he still loves his wife and he is still remembering her and he is still crying when someone open up a topic how a good wife he had. He is truthful about his feelings, he said to me he is still talking to his wife everyday (just holding the urn) and thanking God for giving a wonderful and great wife.

He said to me do not feel bad. The first time we met online, i was just listening to his stories, about his wife. We did not expect that we will fall in love to each other. I said to him I will let him first to grieve and mourn about what had happened to him and to his wife.

To be honest, I am hurt sometimes but I always listened to him unconditionally. I did not leave him rather appreciating him more because he is very loving husband to his wife.

I am 22 years old and he is 45 years old.

Thank you very much again.

since he and his late wife met online...so it only means he is just talking to you online too because thats how they met.

dont rush girl...take it easy anyway usa wont disappear. God bless you always.

:thumbs:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i read all the thoughts, opinions, reactions that was said and shared from the beginning of this thread and its giving me goosebumps.

i cant imagine myself listening to my husband's to be ... CRIES, MOURNINGS, STORIES, ETC about his wonderful life with his wife ( like he talks about her and even talks to the late wife's picture everyday?) and here i am, a fiancee and is willing to listen to all that?

but, as what one above said, there is no time limit for healing and its not my business to say whats best for you and your situation.

think it over KAPAMILYA! as what they've said, "IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE", " THE END DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS",

maybe give it time for you and your lover to think and pray for it..... no rush.... USCIS will always be here till who knows when and is always ready to process any application any time.... no time limit to file K! visa.... ponder and unwind...

Good luck kaibigan!!! and God bless to your fiance too.

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

if you're sure and ready to all the consequences good or bad then go ahead... though you're still young 22, so much life ahead of you. dont rush on things please... im not saying go find something else to do, but please do listen to those people who give good advices. those who wont take advantage on the situation. go talk to a pastor or a priest or someone whom you really trust... its ok for you now coz this guy is in the US and you're there in phil. the effects is not that obvious yet. but once you're living in together, trust me its not gona be fun at all... that "all out support" you're giving him now wont be there anymore... trust me. why? because its so damn unfair in my opinion if your partner hasnt move on and still lingering from the past and talks about it in front of you. you can be friend to him and perhaps thats what you should be till he moves on (really moves on)... this is just what im thinking and only you can decide WHAT IS IT YOU REALLY WANT AT THE END OF THE BARGAIN? could be love, companionship, a supporter or a friend or whatever. something that is deserving and worth having... think about it... good luck and God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.