SoPinay

My Girlfriend is a Filipina and Nurse

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all the members in this site!

I'm still new to this and so I earnestly wish that I could get the best replys that would help me concerning me and my girl.

My girlfriend is a Filipina and just took the local board exam in the Philippines and is currently waiting for the results. I have known her through a friend, in August 2006. She was studying on her nursing degree still. I went personally to see her last February 2007- that was the first time; back in September 2008 for the 2nd time and my third visit was February of this year. So our relationship is almost 3 years now! And I feel so honored, blessed and happy to have her in my life! For the past 3 years we had, our love for each other has grown so deep and highly valued.

We waited so long before we could finally be together since we both wanted that she would finish her nursing degree. Now that she has graduated, our plan of getting together has finally arrived.

However, we are confused as to what visa would best fit to her. Would it be the K1 visa or a work visa since she is a nurse? Can anyone help me regarding this matter? Can there be any advise that you can suggest?

Thank you for reading this and would greatly appreciate your responses. God bless!

I'm still new to this and so I earnestly wish that I could get the best replys that would help me concerning me and my girl.

My girlfriend is a Filipina and just took the local board exam in the Philippines and is currently waiting for the results. I have known her through a friend, in August 2006. She was studying on her nursing degree still. I went personally to see her last February 2007- that was the first time; back in September 2008 for the 2nd time and my third visit was February of this year. So our relationship is almost 3 years now! And I feel so honored, blessed and happy to have her in my life! For the past 3 years we had, our love for each other has grown so deep and highly valued.

We waited so long before we could finally be together since we both wanted that she would finish her nursing degree. Now that she has graduated, our plan of getting together has finally arrived.

However, we are confused as to what visa would best fit to her. Would it be the K1 visa or a work visa since she is a nurse? Can anyone help me regarding this matter? Can there be any advise that you can suggest?

Thank you for reading this and would greatly appreciate your responses. God bless!

My wife is a Filipina Nurse... I am a bit familiar with the process. She will need to jump through alot of hurdles to come

to the USA as nurse including finding an employer that will sponsor her. I would suggest you pursue the K1 visa since it is

almost a sure thing and much quicker. Just apply about 9 months before you want her to come. As it may take 6-9

months for processing.

That's my two centavos,

You have a couple of choices

K1 a fiance visa

K3 spouse visa (you can marry in Filip)

Read the guides and you will find the diferences.

Work visa??? She is not comingo here for working with a company, she is coming here to marry you or to live with you then file for working permit and later on she will be able to work.

Here are the guides

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides Start reading and you will be safe :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think you can also file a CR-1 if you get married in the Philippines first. The K-3 is supposed to help families reunite sooner during the visa process by letting the beneficiary come to the US while the immigrant petition is ongoing. But it seems kinda messy from what I've read because the CR-1/IR-1 can overlap then you cancel one and go for another, wasting money and time. It also takes about the same time as the CR-1 / IR-1. Please correct me if I'm wrong, folks, because I'm only going on what I occasionally read in the CR-1 / IR-1 forum here and am not that familiar with the K-3. I just wanted to point this out so Chris can research more and decide what visa is best for him and his lady.

Now whether you file for a K-1, K-3 or whatever, do make sure you document your relationship as much as you can. Emails and chats are the least important. Keep receipts, tickets, ATM withdrawals, phone bills, package envelopes, hotel rentals, etc. Anything to prove you spent time together. Take LOTS and LOTS of photos in various places and times (you can tell the time by the haircuts - hard to fake that). You can even take pictures of you holding the newspaper as proof of date if you want to go that far. Wedding photos, family photos, letters from family, etc. will help a lot too.

You should apply your lady for a marriage-based, not work-based visa. The consul will want to know the real reason she is going to the US. And that's to be with you! :) The K-1 or fiance(e) visa is the shortest in general. But once you get to the US, you need to file for Adjustment of Status so she can become a legal permanent resident (green card holder). The immigrant visa, or CR-1 / IR-1 takes longer since it's an immigrant visa. But once she gets here, ther ewill be a lot less paperwork to do.

--------------

• 2 months later...
I think you can also file a CR-1 if you get married in the Philippines first. The K-3 is supposed to help families reunite sooner during the visa process by letting the beneficiary come to the US while the immigrant petition is ongoing. But it seems kinda messy from what I've read because the CR-1/IR-1 can overlap then you cancel one and go for another, wasting money and time. It also takes about the same time as the CR-1 / IR-1. Please correct me if I'm wrong, folks, because I'm only going on what I occasionally read in the CR-1 / IR-1 forum here and am not that familiar with the K-3. I just wanted to point this out so Chris can research more and decide what visa is best for him and his lady.

Now whether you file for a K-1, K-3 or whatever, do make sure you document your relationship as much as you can. Emails and chats are the least important. Keep receipts, tickets, ATM withdrawals, phone bills, package envelopes, hotel rentals, etc. Anything to prove you spent time together. Take LOTS and LOTS of photos in various places and times (you can tell the time by the haircuts - hard to fake that). You can even take pictures of you holding the newspaper as proof of date if you want to go that far. Wedding photos, family photos, letters from family, etc. will help a lot too.

You should apply your lady for a marriage-based, not work-based visa. The consul will want to know the real reason she is going to the US. And that's to be with you! :) The K-1 or fiance(e) visa is the shortest in general. But once you get to the US, you need to file for Adjustment of Status so she can become a legal permanent resident (green card holder). The immigrant visa, or CR-1 / IR-1 takes longer since it's an immigrant visa. But once she gets here, ther ewill be a lot less paperwork to do.

This is not the US Embassy in Thailand, he will be dealing with the US Embassy in Manila email and chat logs are very important as is all documentation especially if he’s going for a K1 visa. at my wife interview emails, chat logs and photo’s was all they wanted to see.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Hello there! I'm also a nurse and from PI too :) My advice is if you are a US citizen then better file for a Fiance Visa because working visa for nurses will take like years to be approved while the fiance visa will only take like 6 months to process. I understand and know the feeling of being away from your loved one.

Filed N-400 (Arizona Lockbox) - July 10, 2014

NOA received - July 22, 2014

Biometrics - August 8, 2014

In line for interview scheduling - August 12, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

you can get married in the philippines and do the CR-1 or K3 or get the fiance visa! PINOY NURSE IN MASSACHUSETTS HERE!

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

For the record folks....

1. There is no way to petition to apply for a K-3 visa without first petitioning to apply for a CR-1 or IR-1 visa.

2. Please try to be as accurate and complete as possible when giving advice....these are peoples lives and happiness.

To the OP...

I personally have no knowledge or experience regarding the Manilla Embassy. Those that have recent experience with Manilla

will be able to give you specifics, such as the classes that need to be taken by your girlfriend if she decides to marry you.

Good Luck.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

okay then for the record

1. do the CR-1 after marrying your girl and then you could also apply for the K3

2. do the K1 or fiance visa

so as not to ruin the happiness and lives of others...i do not want to misguide or mislead anyone

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
okay then for the record

1. do the CR-1 after marrying your girl and then you could also apply for the K3

2. do the K1 or fiance visa

so as not to ruin the happiness and lives of others...i do not want to misguide or mislead anyone

Please don't take it personally...while my response came directly after yours, YOUR advice was not the sole prompt.

If I hurt anyone's feelings, that was not my objective...but I know personally how much it hurts when even the smallest piece of incorrect or incomplete advice

becomes a ripple in your life that keeps you away from your spouse longer than would have been required.

Edited by Ling Ling

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.