Waitingpatiently

Second k-1 visa petition

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

your previous lawyer misunderstood the requirement,it is letter of intention to marry this person not a marriage cert,what a stupid guy,anyway you can first check if your first petition dead or alive? then refile again good luck

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Since I have also had a previous I-129F approved, my questions dovetail nicely with this thread.

Question 18: name of all aliens, place and date of filing, A# and result.

Place and date of filing means what, exactly?

The place and date of the signing of the I-129F form or the Service Center and the date that they received it?

If the latter, how would one go about retrieving that information from the USCIS?

Edited by TomT2566

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Since I have also had a previous I-129F approved, my questions dovetail nicely with this thread.

Question 18: name of all aliens, place and date of filing, A# and result.

Place and date of filing means what, exactly?

The place and date of the signing of the I-129F form or the Service Center and the date that they received it?

If the latter, how would one go about retrieving that information from the USCIS?

That's actually question 11. Question 18 is about proof of having met in the past two years. :blush:

The place would probably be the service center where the petition was filed, and the date would probably be the date of the NOA1. I'm not sure how you could request this information from USCIS, if you no longer have any records. They also want to know the outcome of the petition. The little box just doesn't give enough space for all this. Best add an attachment.

Be sure to read page 3, section 7B of the I-129F instructions for details on how to prepare your request for a waiver (I'm presuming you need one).

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Correct, I was referring to question 11 but thinking about question 18. (A mind which cannot multi-task is a terrible thing to waste.) I have no idea how to get the information from the NOA1 out of them, either. Perhaps someone will show up and post an idea if I can keep this thread alive long enough. In any event, it's been more than two years since my only previous petition so I won't be needing a waiver.

Timeline
The little box just doesn't give enough space for all this. Best add an attachment.

Yes, the USCIS is very clever when it comes to form design. They have room for approximately thirty characters for the city of birth, but not enough room to type in 'Turkmenistan.' If I type in 'Turkmenist,' which is all that will fit, they will probably think that my fiancee is some sort of Turkman activist.

For K1 petition, a simple letter of intent is good enough to prove your engagement...make sure it is notarized. As to your current petition, don't worry about your previous petition for as long as it is withdrawn already. I just had my interview last June 18th and the first thing that the pre-screener asked me was if this is my first time to apply for visa. I told him the truth that it is not. I had 2 previous K1 petitions from my ex-fiance's. It kinda surprised him LOL...well anyway, he looked over my records and he found the 2 withdrawn petitions. When i got to the consul she also asked me about it and the reasons for withdrawal...and i just told her the truth...I was approve...with no problem. So don't stress yourself about it for as long as you have the evidence to prove your genuine relationship with your fiance. ;)

ZlYHm6.png

What I did was I wrote the full name, and USA... i forgot to put the A number and they didn't request for anything... weird huh? However, I submitted an additional letter like 2 weeks after submitting the petition including the A#, voluntarily.

ellmvl, thank you so much! so if the status is withdrawn then that will show up in the system right? You just made my morning bright seriously!

The thing is, I'm not the one that is being interviewed, it is my fiance. My concern is that the current petition for my fiance won't get revoked because of the first petition since it is withdrawn right?

Edited by Nana119

What I did was I wrote the full name, and USA... i forgot to put the A number and they didn't request for anything... weird huh? However, I submitted an additional letter like 2 weeks after submitting the petition including the A#, voluntarily.

ellmvl, thank you so much! so if the status is withdrawn then that will show up in the system right? You just made my morning bright seriously!

The thing is, I'm not the one that is being interviewed, it is my fiance. My concern is that the current petition for my fiance won't get revoked because of the first petition since it is withdrawn right?

You are welcome. At first i thought they would find out about it when our papers gets to USCIS but we didn't hear anything about it and our papers just went smooth so far up to the embassy. I think on the form I-129 they have a question there that says if you have filed petitions before or something like that...just answer yes and maybe you could attach a supplemental page to explain what happened to that petition. Let your fiance know about it as well so that when she will be asked about it during the interview, she knows what to say. Don't stress yourself about it for as long as it is withdrawn already :) Goodluck!

ZlYHm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.