Irish Guys

81 posts in this topic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Nice, I will have to find some of there music.

Yes your right lead singer is a native born Irishman but because the others weren't they dont count? Its good music.

Nah. It's just a pet peeve of my husband's when people refer to themselves as "irish" when it was really their granny from Cork who came over on the boat in 1890 that was irish................

We both have that pet peeve. We live in a heavily Irish-decent city and a lot of people notice my hubby's accent and say oh yeah, I'm Irish too, my granny came over, blah blah. We just not and smile and smirk when we walk away. Most people have no clue about Ireland, never even set foot in Eire.

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Yes your right lead singer is a native born Irishman but because the others weren't they dont count? Its good music.

Nah. It's just a pet peeve of my husband's when people refer to themselves as "irish" when it was really their granny from Cork who came over on the boat in 1890 that was irish................

I was doing my homework on the band and came coming across this video here of Dave King(lead singer Flogging Molly) and I am beginning to wonder if he really is Irish, no Irish man would be caught in those spandex. This was Daves band in the early 80's.

Edited by looking_up

Filed: Other Timeline

We both have that pet peeve. We live in a heavily Irish-decent city and a lot of people notice my hubby's accent and say oh yeah, I'm Irish too, my granny came over, blah blah. We just not and smile and smirk when we walk away. Most people have no clue about Ireland, never even set foot in Eire.

Oh, I hear ya.

Wait till you've had a few more years of it, though. I've stopped telling people my husband is "irish". I now say he was "born and raised in Northern Ireland". Sort of stops them before it starts......... :P

Timeline

Oh, I hear ya.

Wait till you've had a few more years of it, though. I've stopped telling people my husband is "irish". I now say he was "born and raised in Northern Ireland". Sort of stops them before it starts......... :P

Nice one! :P

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

I was doing my homework on the band and came coming across this video here of Dave King(lead singer Flogging Molly) and I am beginning to wonder if he really is Irish, no Irish man would be caught in those spandex. This was Daves band in the early 80's.

:lol:

Well..........erm.........I've never really met any irishman (north or south) who I considered to be on the cutting edge of fashion............

Timeline

Well..........erm.........I've never really met any irishman (north or south) who I considered to be on the cutting edge of fashion............

I agree, I mean really. Track suit pants? Uh, no.

And mine basically lets me dress him. He says I know better than he ever will. :wacko:

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

And mine basically lets me dress him. He says I know better than he ever will. :wacko:

Reminds me of when Wes first came to visit me. He wanted to look 'nice' so he had on a pair of black trousers and a really pale off-white dress shirt. Just very conservative and kind of like for going to church.......

But he'd come the whole way over with a beanie hat mashed over his head............

Timeline

Reminds me of when Wes first came to visit me. He wanted to look 'nice' so he had on a pair of black trousers and a really pale off-white dress shirt. Just very conservative and kind of like for going to church.......

But he'd come the whole way over with a beanie hat mashed over his head............

:lol: poor guy :P

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know Exactly what you mean about the track suit pants :blink:

Also seems that footy shirts are all he wears!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey now, my granny came over on a boat from Ireland... try to understand that for most of us Americans, our heritage give us some kind of identity, especially for those of us who are a blend of many nationalities....the big melting pot. I think of my little son, who is half Filipino....he can and should feel some sense of pride with his heritage when he gets older. If he runs into Filipinos in his adult life and is able to speak to them in their native tongue, I hope they will not regard him reaching out to them as annoying. We all are looking for ways to connect with one another...at least that's where my ancestral pride comes from. :)

And they have Irish temper too!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

Hey now, my granny came over on a boat from Ireland... try to understand that for most of us Americans, our heritage give us some kind of identity, especially for those of us who are a blend of many nationalities....the big melting pot. I think of my little son, who is half Filipino....he can and should feel some sense of pride with his heritage when he gets older. If he runs into Filipinos in his adult life and is able to speak to them in their native tongue, I hope they will not regard him reaching out to them as annoying. We all are looking for ways to connect with one another...at least that's where my ancestral pride comes from. :)

Aw #######, now I feel bad. Well, I think if any of the people I was referring to ever bothered to actually have an interest in their heritage at any other point than when it's convenient to them maybe we'd feel differently. If anyone walked up to my husband and started speaking Irish I'm sure he'd feel differently! Having Irish "heritage" is a common claim from a lot of people here that don't actually have a clue. Of course this doesn't include ALL people who claim Irish heritage, but we have found few people that have actually visited, or really know anything about the country at all. And when we do find someone that's been there they ask him if he knows Seamus from Donegal, or some other non-specific person.

I also suspect that, generally speaking, claiming to have Filipino heritage has a little more substance to it and happens less frequently. Maybe I'm off the mark there...

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS