Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well so far the hubby hasn't needed to go in for jury duty.. he is kind of disappointed because he wanted a couple of days off work :P He just has two more days to go ....

I don't know why he wants more days off.. he has next Wednesday off plus the last two weeks of December off minus a day or two :P

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I'm selling my Futurama DVDs. I have volume 1-4. I posted a FB status update about it, and told people to name their own (reasonable) price. So of course I get a reply from someone saying they want them, but don't know what a reasonable price would be, and don't even give a wager.

#######?!

So now I have to find something that won't rip me off, but at the same time won't make them uninterested.

I was thinking $40. Each volume retails for about $20-30, so that's 1/2 price (in fact a little less). I think it seems fair. What do you guys think? Would you pay $40 for that? Or should I ask for more? less?

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

I'd ask a bit more.

10 dollars a season seems like too little.

Maybe 15?

You should get more than half back, if you cant sell them at that price though, try 10.

Never hurts to try for more at first :P

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So, I'm selling my Futurama DVDs. I have volume 1-4. I posted a FB status update about it, and told people to name their own (reasonable) price. So of course I get a reply from someone saying they want them, but don't know what a reasonable price would be, and don't even give a wager.

#######?!

So now I have to find something that won't rip me off, but at the same time won't make them uninterested.

I was thinking $40. Each volume retails for about $20-30, so that's 1/2 price (in fact a little less). I think it seems fair. What do you guys think? Would you pay $40 for that? Or should I ask for more? less?

Id say $50 for the 4 seasons is fair.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Someone posted in one of Kittyfang's topics.

I don't have the heart to tell the people that we kinda scared her away. :hehe:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Today is great. Well, the evening has been with the exception of my brother, who's been a first class .... nevermind... all night.

a: school is closed tomorrow... which means no final!

AND

B: I just got an email from my math teacher, who proceeded to tell us that our final is....

a- 16 questions long

b- practicable online (making up my own words now. lol)

c- OPEN. BOOK.

I stink at math. This is a good thing! :D I just kind of feel like doing a little happy dance... :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Edited by frenzyheart

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline

so we are going to this Christmas Dinner in a few weeks at the apartment complex where my FIL lives... they do a gift exchange thing that I said that the hubby and I would be a part of... well, I really don't feel like buying anymore gifts so I was thinking of just doing up a couple tins of goodies for the exchange.. but then I was thinking that a lot of the people that live where my FIL live are older and maybe they have dietary concerns, so now I am not so sure :unsure:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning! Gene took the day off, it's windy and cool here this morning, so we thought we'd have a sleep in, and snuggle. Just thought I'd drop in though with a coffee! Enjoy the day!

iStock_000007905338Medium-1.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ty ty ty carla, i need that coffee this morning. it's bitter cold outside. where did this strong wind come from?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're getting nasty winds here too - local power outages, and downed trees everywhere!

And I just saw that they're predicting 2-4ft of snow before the end of the week. Ew!!

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline

#######?!

If you want to gauge the price of something like that, look at half.com and see what the going rate is for the same thing on there.

I responded. :D

Lol As someone who actually had to file a waiver that thread pi$$ed me off all over again about her hahaha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.