Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I might be making pancake popovers for dinner tonight... I haven't made those in ages...

I did end up making them and realized how much I have missed them... yum! I hadn't made them in about 2 years, since the hubster was last on day shift..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No clue what I'll be making. I might have lemon pepper squid with brocolli. I am taking a break from using Habanero peppers as I use them in my cooking every meal for the past 2 months and think I need a bit of a change. Plus don't know if Sudden Death Sauce, Habanero Peppers and salt-free lemon pepper seasoning would go together...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No clue what I'll be making. I might have lemon pepper squid with brocolli. I am taking a break from using Habanero peppers as I use them in my cooking every meal for the past 2 months and think I need a bit of a change. Plus don't know if Sudden Death Sauce, Habanero Peppers and salt-free lemon pepper seasoning would go together...

*BLEEPBLEEP* Warning: Chemical and radiation danger. Lethal exposure in 30 seconds.

Edited by Pauley

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, our garden is suddenly producing! The last few days I have been picking collards, spinach, mustard and lettuce and making a variety of salads and cooked greens to go with the meal. At the rate everything is growing it is a good thing we can freeze everything except the lettuce:-). Yummy though - having everything just picked minutes before eating it tastes wonderful. Tonight we had a pork roast done with sauerkraut, 3 bean salad, mustard greens and a mixed greens salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Well, our garden is suddenly producing! The last few days I have been picking collards, spinach, mustard and lettuce and making a variety of salads and cooked greens to go with the meal. At the rate everything is growing it is a good thing we can freeze everything except the lettuce:-). Yummy though - having everything just picked minutes before eating it tastes wonderful. Tonight we had a pork roast done with sauerkraut, 3 bean salad, mustard greens and a mixed greens salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese.

Sounds divine....we have herbs and tomatos growing right now, but none are quite ready.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

*BLEEPBLEEP* Warning: Chemical and radiation danger. Lethal exposure in 30 seconds.

That meal wasn't as hot as last nights. Accidently 'poured' my Sudden Death sauce onto my chicken while cooking. Lets just say, today is what I call "intestine cleansing day"...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

That meal wasn't as hot as last nights. Accidently 'poured' my Sudden Death sauce onto my chicken while cooking. Lets just say, today is what I call "intestine cleansing day"...

:lol::wow:

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

I just made these... http://www.savoryreviews.com/2009/12/08/cake-mix-cookies/

I had a slightly different recipe that I always used but I think I like this one better

Yep - I've tried cakemix cookies too I have a recipe where I used a chocolate cakemix and peanut butter and then chocolate chips or PB chips....so easy to make and great for kids.

Our dinner was disapointing...I made a recipe I saw on Hoda and Kathy Lee on Friday. Kathy Lee's mother had a recipe for Chicken with Russion dressing, apricot jam and onion soup mix...all mixed and poured over the chicken then baked.

well...the russian dressing seemed pretty salty to begin with so I skipped the Onion soup mix and just added Minced/dried onion and pepper. Also turns out my husband doesn't like Apricot jam ( :( ) But I mixed it in anyway thinking the taste would be covered up.

Baked for an hour...but it just didn't taste great...it was ok and others may love the flavour. Served it with buttered parmesan noodles and salad.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

today's dinner is barbecued steaks that I have had marinated in the fridge since yesterday... grilling some corn on the cob too.. and going to serve it with pasta salad and or rice...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Well every Friday my son and I go out to eat at a place of his choice so today he's chosen Sonic. He's very very excited. Me? Not so much.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

My students had a bake sale of the most awesome cinnamon rolls. So I had 2 of them as an appetizer, some lentil soup and toast, now eating some mango sorbet. Delicious.

Timeline

Went and gave blood, so treated myself to Chipostle!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.