bruceleejr

Need help with my wifes AOS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We got married last year in September .

Her visa status is expired since november 2007 . She has all her documents still with her .

We live together , have a joint bank account together , the house we are renting is in both our names, we both have credit cards and lots of other documents with both of us .

Anyway , I need help with her AOS and help with getting her travel documents and work permits .

We are filing the following forms together :

i-130

i-131

i-485

i-693

i-765

i-864(for myself)

i-864(my joint sponsor)

G-325A

8 forms including the extra i-864 for my joint sponsorship

Should we also file for i-864A~????

Okay. I am going to move your thread to the AOS From Another Visa forum. Lots of people there with experience on this. And, yes, it's possible. :) But don't let her leave the US until she gets her GC. With an overstay like that she won't be allowed back into the country... even with Advance Parole.

Welcome to VJ, BruceLeejr. And good luck. :)

iagree.gif

Okay. I am going to move your thread to the AOS From Another Visa forum. Lots of people there with experience on this. And, yes, it's possible. :) But don't let her leave the US until she gets her GC. With an overstay like that she won't be allowed back into the country... even with Advance Parole.

Welcome to VJ, BruceLeejr. And good luck. :)

yeah i aint letter her leave the country LOL , until we get it , i hope it goes by fast~!!

how long does it USUALLY take for someone to receive a greencard after an interview~?

Don't even waste your time on the AP, you won't be using it anyway. ;)

We were VWP adjusters, with overstay, our whole process from filing to GC took about 3 months. We had no RFEs or other kind of hold-ups. my thoughts to you is to make sure you have EVERYTHING in order from the beginning. Good luck!

24q38dy.jpg

We were VWP adjusters, with overstay, our whole process from filing to GC took about 3 months. We had no RFEs or other kind of hold-ups. my thoughts to you is to make sure you have EVERYTHING in order from the beginning. Good luck!

okay well im assuming everything is in order right~??? by submitting all those forms above~??

okay well im assuming everything is in order right~??? by submitting all those forms above~??

What Trillium is saying is don't bother filing for the I-131 Advance Parole application because your wife won't be able to use it.

I cannot answer the rest of your questions without reading the I-485, carefully, because it has changed too much since I filed. My best suggestion is to print out the USCIS I-485 instructions and read it line by line, highlighting the action items so that you don't miss anything, and do the same for any other document they are requesting. That's what I, and probably most of us, did.

iagree.gif

Should we also file for i-864A~????

Just saw this thread in the US Embassy and Consulate Discussion, and thought it may be of some help to you:

I-846 or I-846A

There's a Forums Search button you can use if you'd like to find any others. (It's in the user panel where you see "Logged in as: ... ".

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

This is what we included - this is right from my cover letter..

- Payment in the amount of $1,010 ($930 I-485 Filing Fee + $80 Biometric Fee)

- I-485

- Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa

- 4 Passport photos

- Birth certificate (Original & Official English Translation)

- Vaccination Supplement completed by an USCIS Authorized Civil Surgeon

- G-325As

- Affidavit of Support (includes I-864, letter from employer, 2008 Tax Return with supporting W-2’s/1099s, and 2007 & 2006 tax returns)

- Evidence of Eligibility – A copy of fiancé petition approval notice, marriage certificate, and copy of Form I-94

- I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

My husband came over on a fiance visa so we didn't send any add'l evidence as we provided that all originally. But if I were you I would send pics, copies of bank account info etc.

Also for the medical stuff - she will have to have a full medical exam by the civil surgeon.

Good Luck,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filed in January 2009 and my interview is in July, 2009. On an average it takes about 6-9 months for the AOS. I am filing from B-1/B-2 as well. Best of luck. Don't bother applying for Advance parole. With an overstay, your wife will have a tough time at the port of entry if he leaves.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I believe you have to provide medical report from a civil surgeon. So, read the form carefully and try and locate a local civil surgeon. A friend of my wife is adjusting from tourist visa and she had to supply medical and vaccination report. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

okay im trying to get a joint sponsor

and my mom wants to help me but heres whats happening

my wifes from korea , been married about 1 year

my step dad and my mom and 2 of my sisters kids are on my moms/step dads tax return

does it matter hw much people are in the household~??

the people who live in the house are , my sister(29) , my sisters 3 kids(10,7,5) , my brother(20) , my brothers g/f(19), my step dad and my mom

my mom only makes 7.50 an hour , my step dad makes like 22$ an hr ......

my sisters get food stamps for the kids ...

so my question is ...

does my sisters foodstamps affect the joint sponsorship~????? cuz she also lives in the house~???

im 23, my wifes 20 ..... my step dads salary is about 45k a year

so can anyone help me ... me and my wife are punching eachothers faces out cuz this sht is too hard and frustrating lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.