Johnny G

Should I worry about this?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I have received this status about my case:

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On June 18, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

For those whom have had the same status notice: How long does this usually take to complete this part?

Thanks for your support!

Johnny

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

16 NOVEMBER 2008: I-130 SENT

4 DECEMBER 2008: NOA1

12 FEBRUARY 2009: NOA2 APPROVED

PROCESING TIME: 70 DAYS

NVC

20 FEBRUARY 2009: NVC RECEIVED

24 MARCH 2009: CASE COMPLETED

PROCESSING TIME: 32 DAYS

Looks like they are doing more background checks.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Hello,

From this review. Are they going to determined if it sent to the fraud department or another department?

Thanks,

Johnny

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

Hello,

From this review. Are they going to determined if it sent to the fraud department or another department?

Thanks,

Johnny

I wouldn't be able to hazard a guess.

If they were sending it to the FPU - they would of stated that in the letter.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Hello,

From this review. Are they going to determine if it sent to the fraud department or another department?

Thanks,

Johnny

I wouldn't be able to hazard a guess.

If they were sending it to the FPU - they would of stated that in the letter.

Thanks

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On June 18, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

For those whom have had the same status notice: How long does this usually take to complete this part?

Thanks for your support!

Johnny

That is bizarre. You had your case completed at NVC, and then instead of sending to the consulate, it looks like they sent it back to USCIS. I've never seen that before

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Thanks for your support!

Johnny

That is bizarre. You had your case completed at NVC, and then instead of sending to the consulate, it looks like they sent it back to USCIS. I've never seen that before

It was sent to the consulate. My wife had her interview and the date of the interview she was told that her case has been sent back to United States and no reason was given to her. She did not have the interview. In other words, it was not denied nor approved.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for your support!

Johnny

It was sent to the consulate. My wife had her interview and the date of the interview she was told that her case has been sent back to United States and no reason was given to her. She did not have the interview. In other words, it was not denied nor approved.

Ok, people on this forum frequently refer to that as "denied by the consulate". Technically, the consulate doesn't have the authority to deny a visa application when the petition was approved by USCIS. The only thing they can do is send it back to USCIS with the recommendation that it be denied or revoked. This is what they did in your case. The consulate (which is part of the Department of State) has sent your petition back to USCIS.

If you're lucky, then USCIS may re-affirm their original approval, and send the petition back to the consulate. However, this only happens if the consulate dropped the ball and didn't make their case sufficiently when they returned the petition to USCIS. More likely, USCIS will side with the consulate, and you'll receive a notice that your petition is going to be canceled.

What you have to do is watch the mail, and check with USCIS on the status of your case. They sometimes don't send the notices when they're supposed to, especially if the petition is going to be canceled. If you get a notice that they've re-affirmed the petition and that it's going back to Department of State, then you can expect another interview at the consulate. If you get a "Notice of Intent to Deny" (NOID) or "Notice of Intent to Revoke" (NOIR) then your petition is likely to be canceled.

Whatever you do, DON'T ignore the NOID or NOIR notice. Respond to it, and refute whatever their findings were. If you don't, then there's a chance that a finding of material misrepresentation could be entered into your fiancee's record, and she could be permanently barred from ever entering the US.

There's a great article by Marc Ellis, a well known immigration lawyer in Vietnam, about how this sort of thing happens, and how to respond to it. It's an interesting read:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.