jamall

Cairo interview

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
hmmmmm i guess both of you are right but i think the 3 of you are running forward so fast and talking about the interview , while all of us are waiting for it to be assigned .

and yes i agree the egyptian american employees there are the worst and i didn't like any one of them but the cashier guy , while americans were so nice and helpful.

shall we keep on calling the NVC to know wether the case is completed of not yet , or do they send us a mail or what is going to happen ??

hmmmmm i guess both of you are right but i think the 3 of you are running forward so fast and talking about the interview , while all of us are waiting for it to be assigned .step by step guys

and yes i agree the Yes go head call NVC and ask for the statues of your case and when you call try to be specific in the quotation and be professionals and right all your quotation in plank paper before you make the phone call .and i didn't like any one of them but the cashier guy , while americans were so nice and helpful.

shall we keep on calling the NVC to know wether the case is completed of not yet , or do they send us a mail or what is going to happen ??

Thank you and you are 100% right if you do see my time frame I did Witt over thirteen (13) months just to get my uscis approval

Yes go head call NVC and ask for the statues of your case and when you call try to be specific in the quotation and be professionals and right all your quotation in plank paper before you make the phone call ..

You should definately call to find out the status of your case. As for myself, my case is COMPLETED at NVC. So, in that regard I don't think I am getting ahead of myself. The next logical question to ask is WHEN IS MY INTERVIEW??. And, that is exactly what I am doing.

Betsy El Sum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Cairo has a horrible reputation and I don't understand it. Pakistan gets petitions through the Embassy with little problem. Explain that to me. And check out all the young Phillipino girls marrying old men on here that fly right on through as well. It's frustrating as hell that's what it is.

I beg to differ that Pakistan gets their petitions thru the embassy quickly. One CR-1 case now lady in AP 17 months and counting, one K-1 was on AP almost 2 years just finsihed AP and applicant got married. I know of two other families AP is over 2 years and one man just got out of AP after 5 years of waiting. I know in my own case it was 18 months from my marriage until my husband arrived in the USA. Just not too many are posting all their problems out in the open on this forum.

Egypt is slow and has a large workload and everyone must have patience. Sorry about the waits but I disagree about the Pakistan USE information.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Cairo has a horrible reputation and I don't understand it. Pakistan gets petitions through the Embassy with little problem. Explain that to me. And check out all the young Phillipino girls marrying old men on here that fly right on through as well. It's frustrating as hell that's what it is.

I beg to differ that Pakistan gets their petitions thru the embassy quickly. One CR-1 case now lady in AP 17 months and counting, one K-1 was on AP almost 2 years just finsihed AP and applicant got married. I know of two other families AP is over 2 years and one man just got out of AP after 5 years of waiting. I know in my own case it was 18 months from my marriage until my husband arrived in the USA. Just not too many are posting all their problems out in the open on this forum.

Egypt is slow and has a large workload and everyone must have patience. Sorry about the waits but I disagree about the Pakistan USE information.

thank you brother and I do agree with you about not to many are posting all their problems out in the open on this forum and you are 100% right

Timeline

Did any one know how DHL work as far of paying for the incoming mail from the US embassy we do have some people say they end up paying for the incoming mail in advance is this true. I do know when you send the mail to the embassy you will pay

For sure but I don’t have any idea about incoming mail so any one knows...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Did any one know how DHL work as far of paying for the incoming mail from the US embassy we do have some people say they end up paying for the incoming mail in advance is this true. I do know when you send the mail to the embassy you will pay

For sure but I don’t have any idea about incoming mail so any one knows...

if u meant the Visa and the passport ..

at the day of the Interview ..they call ur name 3 times

once to pay DHL in advance an amount of 67 LE

then to sit down ..called again for finger prints and may be little Questions as well

then to sit down ..third to be called and this for the actual Interview ..

hope that serve ur Question...

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
I know we won't get July. NVC told me all the openings for July have already been scheduled :( This part of the process seems like more of a black hole than the early part. I am really hoping to get an August interview. My hubby doesn't want to start teaching another school year in Egypt. But what can you do? You have to take whatever they give you!

well

everything happen for a reason and everything GOD decide when it happen exactely

i tell u something

i faild in my school (in one subject ) , if u didnt i would finish august 2008 my school ..and would be drafted into military and couldnt get married to my wie ..but i failed ..so that postpone my military to Jan ..which made me able to get married wzout any worried or risk anytime ..u see ? sometime it happen wz away we dont like ..but it ends soooo good , its ALAH decision

and the good is ..i didnt get drafted , lol ..so it was all arranged from ALAH

be good ..patience and everything will be put into its real place in sha ALAH :)

ya gamed:)

Timeline
I know we won't get July. NVC told me all the openings for July have already been scheduled :( This part of the process seems like more of a black hole than the early part. I am really hoping to get an August interview. My hubby doesn't want to start teaching another school year in Egypt. But what can you do? You have to take whatever they give you!

well

everything happen for a reason and everything GOD decide when it happen exactely

i tell u something

i faild in my school (in one subject ) , if u didnt i would finish august 2008 my school ..and would be drafted into military and couldnt get married to my wie ..but i failed ..so that postpone my military to Jan ..which made me able to get married wzout any worried or risk anytime ..u see ? sometime it happen wz away we dont like ..but it ends soooo good , its ALAH decision

and the good is ..i didnt get drafted , lol ..so it was all arranged from ALAH

be good ..patience and everything will be put into its real place in sha ALAH :)

ya gamed:)

shokran ya sedi ..we 7adreak teb2a meen ?!!!

Timeline
There are a few posts on here about interview experiences at Cairo Embassy. What I would like to know is when we will get scheduled for our interview. Our case completed at NVC on June 9th. I hope we don't have to wait several months to get an interview appointment!!

if you Lucky enough you will get your schedule in July maybe the end of July early august

July Interview are assigned during the first two weeks of June ..and August ones are assigned on the first two weeks or July ...so u can see i didnt got a July Interview although my case is complete May 13 ...so i wait till July to know IF i have one on august ...

hope that gives u clear idea.

our Embassy is so busy one

yeah it sure is busy, my case was complete May 27th and was told July is full for interviews and to call back during the first 2 weeks of July for an Aug. interview. Insha Allah we will all get our interview dates soon.

Timeline

I did got my both approval for I-129F and I-130 the I-129F left to Cairo embassy

in the (7th of June) and for my I-130 I did come up with all the document they did ask for regarding my

I-130 and I have every thing so far and I am ready to mail it today to the NVC.

My questions what if -I-130 tock to long at NVC and I decide to go with my I-129F?

And if they ask me for the original document witch I am or ready going to summated with the I-130 but I have copy.

So can I do that?

And for how long the I-129F good from the time USCIS or NVC approved?

I do need some helps and advice please.

Timeline
I did got my both approval for I-129F and I-130 the I-129F left to Cairo embassy

in the (7th of June) and for my I-130 I did come up with all the document they did ask for regarding my

I-130 and I have every thing so far and I am ready to mail it today to the NVC.

My questions what if -I-130 tock to long at NVC and I decide to go with my I-129F?

its up to u if u wana go a head with the I-129F , but i assure u , it will be a month or two diff ..and trust me when i tell u it worth the wait , very good not to deal with USCIS again if u can , I-129F require u after arrival to file for ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS AOS , then till u get this approved to have ur green card ..u cant work or unless u apply for Employments Autho Documents EAD ..beside AOS cost 1014 $ alone , and alot of paper work ..headache ..etc

so its better to sacrifice a month or two max (it will be a month looking to ur timeline ) and to have ur green card upon arrival and so this is more short ..more affordable and less paper work and headache (u r free to choose for sure :) )

And if they ask me for the original document witch I am or ready going to summated with the I-130 but I have copy.

So can I do that?

yes u can because u will let them know simply u sent it to NVC ., and copies should do the job , after all here in Cairo they dnt issue the visa at the same day ..if u wnt go on AP so u get ur Visa after 30-45 days max , which is Enough time for them to have ur papers from NVC anyway

And for how long the I-129F good from the time USCIS or NVC approved?

the I-129F which is attached with I-130 have a validity of one year and may be more ...if the I-129F was sent alone to issue a k1 fiance Visa it would be then only 4 Months since the approval date

if u were issued a K3 visa depending on going a head with the I-129F so u will have a multi Entry Visa valid for two years ..which gives u time to deal with USCIS as i stated earlier to have ur GC

if u will go a head with I-130 and ignore the I-129F interview as i suggest for the reasons i stated above ..so u r issued a CR-1 OR IR-1 visa (depending on how much time since u were married , if ur entry to the US is before the second ANNV of ur marriage so u r issued a CR-1 and that result having a GC valid for two yars only then u need to file to remove conditions ...if u to enter after the 2ND ANNIV for ur marriage then u r issued IR-1 visa ..which gets u a 10 years GC validity )

anyway the IR-1 OR THE CR-1 are valid for 6 months of the day its issued to use it to enter the united states

I do need some helps and advice please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.