Steve et Nathalie

Paris Embassy still hasnt issued the visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It's been 11 days since my fiancee's interview. Everything went well but she still hasn't received her passport from the embassy and when I call the Department of State they say that it is still undergoing administrative processing and that the visa hasn't been issued yet. I tried calling the embassy, I've left 2 voicemails. I've faxed the embassy, still no response. I dont know what to do. No one is giving me any answers.

Any thoughts?

Timeline complete and up to date! Check it out!

To track DHL shipment of your petition from NVC to the embassy refer to this posting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=#entry2811887

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It's been 11 days since my fiancee's interview. Everything went well but she still hasn't received her passport from the embassy and when I call the Department of State they say that it is still undergoing administrative processing and that the visa hasn't been issued yet. I tried calling the embassy, I've left 2 voicemails. I've faxed the embassy, still no response. I dont know what to do. No one is giving me any answers.

Any thoughts?

AP can take as little as a few days, or as much as several months. It depends on why it's in AP, and they aren't likely to tell you much about that. Keep checking with them. That's about all you can do.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 1 month later...

Oh, no! I'm nervous this will happen to us too! We had our interview yesterday in Paris and it seemingly all went fine, but they didn't say yes or no (or even that it was going into AP) - see full description below. She said normally it should all be fine, and congratulations on the wedding, but didn't say for sure it was approved! He went through AP in less than ten days for a B2 visa last year, does that help at all? Steve and Nathalie, what ended up happening with yours?

INTERVIEW: We had our K-1 visa interview here in Paris yesterday. It went really well, but the agent didn't say definitely yes or no! I don't get it... it seems like everyone else got their answer during the interview!

The first person, who took all the papers and arranged the file, was very friendly and said everything was in order and looked fine. She even took our wedding invitation and said how lovely it was! Then we had the interview and that was quick and straightforward (we'll write a review later). She seemed happy with all the answers and the papers. At the end she said, "normally it is all fine... everything looks good. So unless there is some other issue with the file or with the consul, it should be ok." Does that mean someone else still has to look at it?

When R asked if that meant he could go ahead and buy his plane tickets, she kind of laughed like "you're in a hurry!" and said it would be better to wait until we have it in hand (of course)... so we were wondering if there is still some chance they would reject it? or if they just prefer to not risk giving you the wrong answer? She kept his passport and envelope and said we should receive the passport in the mail next week/within ten days, and at the end she smiled and said "Congratulations!" but we left still not sure if we should start celebrating or not!

Anyone have any experience/advice?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You are worrying me! My husband has his interview in August and we cant afford to go on AP- residence card will expire. I know it can happen to anyone but I thought not through Paris and with a CR1 visa :unsure:

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

You're right, from what I've seen of other France K1/K3 timelines, it sounds like AP is not a big deal here in Paris (crossing our fingers!) even though as you said, it can happy to anyone. So I think you should be ok. Also, when they did the administrative checks for his B1 visa it was pretty quick - even though R is Algerian so presumably they did some checks on his background there too...So I think that's a good sign? :blink:

Don't fret Kenza! I'll let you know what happens to ours (though it's a K1) and ensha'Allah they'll both be flying across the Atlantic before we know it! I'm trying to stay + :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It looks like the OP got the visa shortly after posting this and is now in the USA, going by their timeline at the bottom of their post. Congrats!

AP is always a possibility, and unfortunately tends to happen more often and take longer for those with Muslim names/ from Muslim countries.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.