loveaboo

I-129F Filing Questions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all!

I'm a newbie here. I have been reading the VJ forums ever since my fiance and I talked about getting married. I just have a few questions.

1st, for the G-325a last 5 years residency question: I am from the Philippines and I never moved to any place. However, last 2007, I have decided to go to Singapore, initially in tourist visa for 1 month and then I've decided to stay longer hoping to get a job there so I've applied for a special visa for people looking for a job there. In total, I've only stayed there for 10 weeks since I've decided to go back home after several weeks of the special visa. I didn't have permanent address there since for 2 weeks, I stayed in a friend's place, the other weeks, I had to move since my friend had to move out of the country. My question is, should I include it still as my place of residency? I'm so concern about it because I've already sent my fiance my g-325a and I didn't include Singapore as place of residency since it's only a little over 2 months. Should I send a new g-325a form and include Singapore? We're hoping to send the application asap.

Another question...Based on my understanding, the birth certificate and the divorce decree which will be submitted in filing I-129F are just PHOTOCOPIES of the CERTIFIED COPIES? Not the original certified copies?

Also, about the the passport pic, I've read in some websites that the ear should be seen in the pic but on the others, it didnt say anything about it. The picture I sent to my fiance, my ears are not visible because 1, it was kinda covered by my long hair, 2nd...I realized that even if my hair is made up my ears won't be visible enough...Should I get a new pic and scan it so my fiance can have it printed?

We don't want to have any problem with our filing that's why we're really concern about everything...

I would appreciate an immediate response to anyone who can shed some light. Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello to all!

I'm a newbie here. I have been reading the VJ forums ever since my fiance and I talked about getting married. I just have a few questions.

1st, for the G-325a last 5 years residency question: I am from the Philippines and I never moved to any place. However, last 2007, I have decided to go to Singapore, initially in tourist visa for 1 month and then I've decided to stay longer hoping to get a job there so I've applied for a special visa for people looking for a job there. In total, I've only stayed there for 10 weeks since I've decided to go back home after several weeks of the special visa. I didn't have permanent address there since for 2 weeks, I stayed in a friend's place, the other weeks, I had to move since my friend had to move out of the country. My question is, should I include it still as my place of residency? I'm so concern about it because I've already sent my fiance my g-325a and I didn't include Singapore as place of residency since it's only a little over 2 months. Should I send a new g-325a form and include Singapore? We're hoping to send the application asap.

Another question...Based on my understanding, the birth certificate and the divorce decree which will be submitted in filing I-129F are just PHOTOCOPIES of the CERTIFIED COPIES? Not the original certified copies?

Also, about the the passport pic, I've read in some websites that the ear should be seen in the pic but on the others, it didnt say anything about it. The picture I sent to my fiance, my ears are not visible because 1, it was kinda covered by my long hair, 2nd...I realized that even if my hair is made up my ears won't be visible enough...Should I get a new pic and scan it so my fiance can have it printed?

We don't want to have any problem with our filing that's why we're really concern about everything...

I would appreciate an immediate response to anyone who can shed some light. Thank you so much.

You need larger ears. I think the new photo specifications call for ears exposed. Not sure how picky there are about it.

Because you got this visa in Singapore, I would just list it as your friends address. You do not want them disocvering that visa and thinking you are concealing something. You were not there long enough to need a police certificate. List it, put your friends address, and note the time you were there, you cannot go wrong doing this.

Hello to all!

Sorry, forgot

Yes, copies of the original documents are sufficient

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Passport pic rules: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/com...sition_874.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses.

Gary and Alla

The visa has been expired last 2008 and it's stamped on my passport which I will be renewing this month. I was thinking that the only way for them to find out about this is via my passport. But since I will be using a new passport, will they find out about it?

Can I just have my g325a edited like have my fiance add the Singapore trip? Or any recommendations?

I was hesitant to send a new copy because it's very expensive to send documents to US, about $30 for express documents but if i have no other choice, then I'll have to do it then.

Yu and Dan

Thank you for the link you have sent me. I've read it and it didn't say anything about ears being exposed. Or did i just miss it?

Thanks....

Timeline

Also...checking now my old passport, it said "VISIT PASS with no permit to remain until August 2008 or enagage in any business profession without the work permit"...And I've read in another thread that extended trips are not included in G-325a, that's the reason why i'm so confused...I just really want to make the filing as easy and as efficient as it can be.

Anyone who was in the same situation, pls?

Thanks to all again...

Timeline
Also...checking now my old passport, it said "VISIT PASS with no permit to remain until August 2008 or enagage in any business profession without the work permit"...And I've read in another thread that extended trips are not included in G-325a, that's the reason why i'm so confused...I just really want to make the filing as easy and as efficient as it can be.

Thanks to all again...

Sorry, i think it's i messed that up...What I meant was the VISIT PASS was good until August 2008 with no permit to engage in any business profession without the work permit...It's a one year multiple entry visa.

Thanks to all again...

Sorry, i think it's i messed that up...What I meant was the VISIT PASS was good until August 2008 with no permit to engage in any business profession without the work permit...It's a one year multiple entry visa.

Hi. You were never a resident in Singapore. You were only a tourist hence you are not liable to state in the biographic data form regarding your 10 week Singapore stay. Resident means you stayed at least 6 months in a different country other than the Philippines. Moreover, your passport was stamped by the Singaporean Immigration in the airport as "EXITED" when you left Singapore. Please read this link "http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html" so you will get an idea on what is expected of you as the applicant of the K1 visa at the US Embassy in Manila. Please read #6.

For more ideas about the I-129F follow this link from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD ... Underneath you will find the instructions on how to file and the petition form itself.

For more accurate information, click on the FORUMS link here on VJ and you will have a more than ample amount of information and sample forms to use for the K1 visa application.

For an idea how to collate all the papers together read this thread... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2886924

Good luck to you and your fiance!

Life is beautiful!

Timeline

Thanks BrianandMerne for the reply.

Since I didn't live in Singapore for 6 months and more, it's fine if I don't include it in the list of residence for the last 5 years then? Ok, that makes sense...Thanks so much for that info.

About the passport, actually it wasn't stamped by the Singaporean Immigration with "exited" or whatever. Checking it out awhile ago, I realized that Singaporean Immigration didn't even stamp my passport when I exited. I'm guessing it could be due to the multiple entry visa given to me, which means I could go in and out of Singapore in that one whole year.

About #6 in the embassy link, my fiance didn't serve the military.

The last link is an error page...

My fiance and I were really worried that we might end up waiting for more days to file the I-129F if I'll have to send him a new g-325a signed form. Not only it will cause us a delay, it's also really expensive to send documents overseas. I know how expensive it will cost my fiance for him to bring me there so as much as possible, I don't want to add anymore expenses...

I really appreciate all the help. Thank you so much.

Thanks BrianandMerne for the reply.

Since I didn't live in Singapore for 6 months and more, it's fine if I don't include it in the list of residence for the last 5 years then? Ok, that makes sense...Thanks so much for that info.

About the passport, actually it wasn't stamped by the Singaporean Immigration with "exited" or whatever. Checking it out awhile ago, I realized that Singaporean Immigration didn't even stamp my passport when I exited. I'm guessing it could be due to the multiple entry visa given to me, which means I could go in and out of Singapore in that one whole year.

About #6 in the embassy link, my fiance didn't serve the military.

The last link is an error page...

My fiance and I were really worried that we might end up waiting for more days to file the I-129F if I'll have to send him a new g-325a signed form. Not only it will cause us a delay, it's also really expensive to send documents overseas. I know how expensive it will cost my fiance for him to bring me there so as much as possible, I don't want to add anymore expenses...

I really appreciate all the help. Thank you so much.

No thank you needed Girl! Anytime. Sorry about the error on link I don't why that wouldn't work :( Nevertheless, that #6 is only to have you not worry about the Singapore residency question you have prior. Hmmm... Now about your "exit" stamp it seems weird to me that you have none. I have been to Singapore numerous times and have always been stamped EXITED. I just went again to Singapore May 2009 and spent the whole month there. Though I do not have your "extension" condition. As far as I have known over this past 10 years I have been going back to Singapore, visitor's visa had never been required.

I do have a multiple entry visa in another country and each time I go and come back home, I always get stamped for both entry and exit.

I wonder only though...

Life is beautiful!

Timeline

Hi BrianandMerne!

Actually, it's only today that I found out that my passport was not stamped upon exiting Singapore. I don't know if the Immigration forgot it or what. All I remember is that I showed her my passport and a card (more like an ID for a visit visa of one year multiple entry) and he scanned it and then he let me get into the plane, so to speak.

Anyways, thanks for everything and goodluck to us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi. I have a question. Could g-325a be sent like a scanned copy with my sign or it should be with my original signature. I live in Belarus and in a quick way could send via e-mail a scanned copy! ????

no, they need to have your original signature on all 4 pages or they will send an RFE for it.

to the OP - my ears were partially covered due to long hair as well and they didnt send me an RFE for my passport photo.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
Hi. I have a question. Could g-325a be sent like a scanned copy with my sign or it should be with my original signature. I live in Belarus and in a quick way could send via e-mail a scanned copy! ????

Based on my understanding, the signature has to be original, not a scanned copy. All documents requiring signature should be original.

Timeline

no, they need to have your original signature on all 4 pages or they will send an RFE for it.

to the OP - my ears were partially covered due to long hair as well and they didnt send me an RFE for my passport photo.

Thanks Danu! That's comforting to know...I was checking my pics with hair up and my ears can't really be seen in the pictures...So regardless how my hair looks like, my ears won't be exposed still...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol you should be fine. they want to see your face straight on, im going to say they know you have ears :lol: as long as the pictures meet the size restrictions and have a full front face view of you with no shadow behind you, you should be fine. What they use them for if you would like to know, is to stick to your paperwork, every document that relates to you gets one, thats why you need more when you get to the medical/embassy portion.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.