The Molinas

k1 attorney/lawyer

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Priscila and Christopher,

I understood perfectly. What many people don't understand is what constitutes a simple case and what small detail can cause major problems. VJ is lettered with tales of woe from people who found out once they were into it that their case was not so simple as they first thought it was.

So I repeat - a consultation upfront is always a worthwhile investment.

Yodrak

I agree that visajourney has a lot of tales... But it's not the case here and it doesn't mean people can't use the common sense! The conditions are perfectly clear and only the person can analyze if a lawyer is or is not necessary! In general, it's not! Or else 75% of the people here would hire a lawyer too! So, keep thinking carefully! A lawyer can be a good investiment, or just a waste of money...

Faulty logic, P & C. While common sense can be applied to this process, it's clear that many thousands of people do NOT exercise it! :no:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

I posted this same question about a month ago, when deciding whether or not to hire a lawyer. After getting numerous responses from fellow VJ members, I decided not to hire one. My case is pretty straight forward, no prior marriages for either, no children involved, no past criminal background, etc. so I decided not to get a lawyer. I'm a very organized, detail-oriented individual (sounds like I'm applying for a job :D ) so I didn't consult a lawyer at all. Many people here on VJ told me they recommend I save the money for the honeymoon or the wedding, so I was convinced into not hiring one. I really didn't think I needed one. I barely sent in my application about 2 weeks ago, so I can't let you know yet if I will receive a RFE, but I highly doubt that I will be denied the visa. With this said, I leave it up to you to decide what to do. Decide based on the amount of money available, your actual case, and your personal opinions.

Good Luck :yes:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
YOU DONT NEED AN ATTORNEY UNLESS YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.. THIS PROCESS IS FAIRLY SIMPLE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THIS SITE CAN HELP

thx i thought so too.. but i just wanted to make sure... i think we have a simple case anyway... no kids, no prior marriages, no criminal records, never applied for visas before.... so i hope it goes pretty smooth.... :yes:

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi from Brazil!

Well, like others people here my fiance hired on "expensive" lawyer in California and we had a bad experience!

SHE made many mistakes on our forms and worse - believe or not: SHE spent almost one month to fill some

forms! To be exactly just the form to fill the process!

After finding this site, I figured out I had much more information than her! And SHE said she's been working with K1 more than 12 years...

I asked my fiance quit her :bonk: , and WE made together in one week what the Lawyer spent almost one month preparing it...

So, being honest we wasted time and money hiring a Lawyer... WE felt like a :jest:

If you follow all the steps posted here on this site, you'll be able to fill your process without any problem.

One friend gave me a tip to get a kind of "kit" with step by step, you can buy it for U$ 50,00, check it the link, we got this kit:

http://www.k1-marriage-visas.com/

Be sure you'll have all help here on this site, people here have good heart! Really!

Good luck and good vibes from Brazil! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.