Waitingpatiently

Once k-1 visa petition is approved

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Once the I-129F petition is approved at the USCIS, it goes to the National Visa center... but does the National visa center have to approve it too, or they just assign a case number and send it to an embassy abroad?

NVC does not do any approval... they will assign a case number, do a name check and when cleared, they will forward

YMMV

Once the I-129F petition is approved at the USCIS, it goes to the National Visa center... but does the National visa center have to approve it too, or they just assign a case number and send it to an embassy abroad?

NVC does not do any approval... they will assign a case number, do a name check and when cleared, they will forward

a name check on me or the beneficiary? or both?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Another question... how long does it take for NVC to send a letter informing about the case number assigned and consulate it is sent to?

could be a couple weeks, sometimes less sometimes more

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Another question... how long does it take for NVC to send a letter informing about the case number assigned and consulate it is sent to?

But, once you get NOA-2, you can call NVC and get your case #.

(Please see timeline for more detail)

I-129F Visa Submission
Feb. 09, 2009: I-129F Submitted
Aug. 24-25, 2009: Exam/Interview in Naples; VISA IN PASSPORT!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
October 2009: POE!!!
December 2009: Wedding!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission
Jan. 14, 2010: USPS confirms delivery at Chicago Lockbox (mailed 1/11)
Jan. 19, 2010: I-131, I-485, I-765 NOA's (received 1/23)
Mar. 04, 2010: Status changed to PERMANENT RESIDENT

I-751 Petition: Removal of Conditions
(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 10, 2012: I-751 NOA (received 1/13)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Eligible on March 4th, 2013 after 3 years as LPR
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)
Dec. 20, 2012: N-400 NOA
Jan. 14, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jul. 16, 2013: American History & English Exam

Aug. 23, 2013: Oath Ceremony

I called but they said they haven't received it... they said call 2 weeks after your NOA2... and you asked about the packet 3... once the NVC sends the petition to the assigned consulate, your fiance should be getting packet 3, 1 week after the consulate receives your petition but the time varies according to the volume of cases

here is the flow chart http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nana,

Our petition was approved on the same date May 31 and I have been calling the NVC as well and they don't have my case either. I was told to try back on Friday (tomorrow) I hope they go ahead andf get my case to the embassy.

I called but they said they haven't received it... they said call 2 weeks after your NOA2... and you asked about the packet 3... once the NVC sends the petition to the assigned consulate, your fiance should be getting packet 3, 1 week after the consulate receives your petition but the time varies according to the volume of cases

here is the flow chart http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

really? I called the USCIS today and I said I got my notice of approval, and they said once you get the notice of approval, the petition is no longer at the service centers, it is at the National Visa Center... and when I called up the automated machine today, I put in my receipt number and there was no case thus far. I spoke to an operator yesterday and they said to call back 2 weeks after the NOA2. I'm going to wait a few more days, and if nothing happens I'll call them again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

a name check on me or the beneficiary? or both?

What exactly would they check on the beneficiary?

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.