Mike and Thanh

issued interview date

11 posts in this topic

I have been emailing back and forth with the Ho Chi Minh Consulate for a few weeks. Last week I asked them if they have receive my fiancee's packet 3 information. Today, I got an email back from them saying they have indeed received it, sent out packet 4 and said the interview date is on July 30th at 9:30am. I was emailing them because my fiancee never received packet 3. She had to print out the forms online and mailed them out. Packet 3 probably was lost in the mail. What if packet 4 never gets to her and somehow lost again? However, packet 4 info was attached with the email. Can she print out the forms online and bring them in? Will they let her in like this?

At this point, I'm very nervous. I think this is the most nervous I have been through this whole petition process. I just hope the interview goes smoothly and she pass without any problems. Also, if I'm not there when she goes in for the interview, will that be ok? Can I go there when she pass the interview and get the visa? Have anyone went the same route like this? I'm not sure if I should go back and be there with her when she goes in for the interview. I know in Ho Chi Minh, even I go there, I have to wait outside. So I don't think it will make any difference if I'm there or not besides maybe provide her with emotional support. I know this have been asked before, but forgive me. I'm just a nervous wreck right now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Regarding the first part of your post:

That happens often with the US Embassy in Jamaica, too: they claim to have sent out hard copies but the recipient never gets them. Many people have printed the electronic copy they mail & brought that along. You should be fine. You might check with others who interviewed in Vietnam to verify, or call that embassy and ask.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For Thi's Interview, I was over there because I wanted to be there if anything happened, ie got a blue slip, only US citizens and residents can talk to the Consulate Officiers. If Thi had gotten a blue slip, I was planning on immediately addressing it and talking to the COs. I also had been emailing the Consulate about her interview and in the emails stated I would be at her interview, knowing of course I couldn't go inside. While I don't know if that had any effect, she did get her visa on her interview day.

As to getting the Packet 4 info in your email, I'm not sure about that. But our interview was Feb 2008 so things could have changed. However it is possible to pick it up at the Consulate. Knowing the Vietnamese mail system, that would be what I would suggest since the Packet 3 didn't arrive. If she's unable to get to the Consulate to pick them up and the Packet 4 info you got is complete and printable, I don't see why not. However I would contact the Consulate about that to be sure.

In any case, good luck!!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed AOS 2009-1-2

NOA 1 2009-1-8

Peter Nguyen Brunner born 2009-1-12

Advance Parole recieved 2009-3-27

EAD recieved 2009-3-11

AOS Interview 2009-5-20----Approved!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my first atempt at k1 was denied , i have just sent my new k1 petition again. I went thru same thing. Didnt go to consulate window until 2 months later to start the D-230 process, when i went back of vaction trying to time with her interview. Unforturnly i miss and had to come back if i had wasted time assuming that they will noticfy us, but that it was our responsiblity to start visa application i would have been their for interview. But 2 months later when she had her appointment and was alone and unprepared, and eventaully denied. Pack. 4 only repeat pack 3. what she needs is the official appointment print out from the consulate. They also email me pack 4. but not actual printout of appoitment. only she will have it, either sent to her address on the ds_2001 or she can go personally to consulate window for the original printout,( bring the approved nvc notice , along with her passport). She will need print out to start medical phase. Doctor will request that print out(date and time on consulate letter head, including case #) not some package saying what documents you need at your interview. Fianally get your papers that you will need from the US i.e( ex-spouse current info), and anything you think that they might ask for. Buy your flight ticket with the intent of buying another one over there (If the gods are shinnig). You must go if you are able too , dont make my mistake of assuming it would be a " breeze since our love is real". Once there cut back on the cuddeling and get straight to interview prep. More photos , more documentation, more practice interviews. She must know everything about you including your dogs name. Once together your feeling of dispratity will vansish. GO..... GOOOO NOW , lucky :P

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

I have been emailing back and forth with the Ho Chi Minh Consulate for a few weeks. Last week I asked them if they have receive my fiancee's packet 3 information. Today, I got an email back from them saying they have indeed received it, sent out packet 4 and said the interview date is on July 30th at 9:30am. I was emailing them because my fiancee never received packet 3. She had to print out the forms online and mailed them out. Packet 3 probably was lost in the mail. What if packet 4 never gets to her and somehow lost again? However, packet 4 info was attached with the email. Can she print out the forms online and bring them in? Will they let her in like this?

At this point, I'm very nervous. I think this is the most nervous I have been through this whole petition process. I just hope the interview goes smoothly and she pass without any problems. Also, if I'm not there when she goes in for the interview, will that be ok? Can I go there when she pass the interview and get the visa? Have anyone went the same route like this? I'm not sure if I should go back and be there with her when she goes in for the interview. I know in Ho Chi Minh, even I go there, I have to wait outside. So I don't think it will make any difference if I'm there or not besides maybe provide her with emotional support. I know this have been asked before, but forgive me. I'm just a nervous wreck right now.

Go if you can. You will not regret it. If she gets approved, bring her home with you. If not, you can be there to deal with the consulate. if you are planning to go after anyway, my advice would be to not wait. Go early, help her prep and wait outside like the rest of us.

Thanks for the replies. I thought about it and I think I will go after all. I think as far as documents, I think everything is cover. If I go back there, I will provide her with emotional support, but more importantly we can go through some interview questions scenario. She does know everything about me, but just to make sure right? Also, I was thinking of making my own mock interview questions, sort of like a test like how we have it in school.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I have a question, since I'm doing a K1 visa, I shouldn't need a CENOMAR right? Only if you applying for a K3 would you need it? I didn't provide one with original K1 petition. They wouldn't ask for one at the interview right?

Can someone please answer my question? Will the CO at the interview ask her for one? Or should I just get one just in case? I heard it takes up to a month or so to get one. The interview is scheduled for July 30th. I don't know if I do it now will I get it in time for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.