nursecissism

ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello9 to everyone im a new member here but i'd been surfing it before then lately juz decided to register. anyway here goes my question... im on a K1 visa already scheduled my interview on JUNE 15 and done my medical exam at SLMCEC and everything was fine. i juz want to ask if its okey not to have the original copy of my fiance's W2? he told me that his employer needed it yearly so he cannot give the original.. and mostly what are the questions they asked during the interview... hope someone would be able to reply me back on this matter THANK YOU

hello9 to everyone im a new member here but i'd been surfing it before then lately juz decided to register. anyway here goes my question... im on a K1 visa already scheduled my interview on JUNE 15 and done my medical exam at SLMCEC and everything was fine. i juz want to ask if its okey not to have the original copy of my fiance's W2? he told me that his employer needed it yearly so he cannot give the original.. and mostly what are the questions they asked during the interview... hope someone would be able to reply me back on this matter THANK YOU

Copies are fine, however, he should be submitting his 2008 tax returns, which should of been filed all ready.

You should have the 1040/w-2/1099(as applicable) to go with the I-134.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

A good clear copy should be fine.

I'm a tax accountant, as far as I can recall, all my clients with INS cases have provided good clear copies without any problems.

A suggestion would be to get a tax return transcript from the IRS for the last three filing years, 2008, 2007 & 2006, since you have a short period of time to the interview, have your fiance visit a local IRS office, telling them he needs it urgently for an Immigration interview, they will provide them on the spot. Current proof of income would be helpful, 2 to 4 paystubs and an employment letter from his job.

Good luck

Surf,

05/26/2009 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

05/28/2009 - I-129F Received by VSC

05/29/2009 - NOA1 Date & mailed by VSC

06/02/2009 - Check Cashed by VSC

06/03/2009 - Got Case Number from back of canceled check image

06/04/2009 - Received NOA1, postmarked 06/02/2009

09/10/2009 - Amended Notice I-797 Email?

09/15/2009 - NVC Received file

09/16/2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!

09/17/2009 - NVC sent file to consulate

09/25/2009 - Consulate received hardcopy file

RV .'.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Copies are fine, however, he should be submitting his 2008 tax returns, which should of been filed all ready.

You should have the 1040/w-2/1099(as applicable) to go with the I-134.

HEY tenks for the reply it will really helps.. yeah i already have everything with me... but to be sure of it so i posted here for other opinion... thanks... plz help me pray for my interview on JUNE 15 7am tnx agen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

that makes no sense... his employer keeps a copy for there own records

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't think that's very unusual. I once had to file a return three years after the return was due. I didn't have the original W2, but was able to get a copy of it from the company I was working for at the time. I think a lot of employers keep copies of the W2's they send to employees.

I think the confusion here may have been that the employer thought the sponsor was asking for the original W2 from the employer's records. The employer would probably be willing to provide a photocopy of their records document, but not give their original records document to the employee.

In any case, the sponsor should be saving a copy of his own W2's. The 4th copy of the W2 sent to the employee is provided for that purpose. I learned my lesson on this. I have copies of my tax documents going back to 1985.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think that's very unusual. I once had to file a return three years after the return was due. I didn't have the original W2, but was able to get a copy of it from the company I was working for at the time. I think a lot of employers keep copies of the W2's they send to employees.

I think the confusion here may have been that the employer thought the sponsor was asking for the original W2 from the employer's records. The employer would probably be willing to provide a photocopy of their records document, but not give their original records document to the employee.

In any case, the sponsor should be saving a copy of his own W2's. The 4th copy of the W2 sent to the employee is provided for that purpose. I learned my lesson on this. I have copies of my tax documents going back to 1985.

Employers are REQUIRED to keep COPIES... the ORIGINAL went to the IRS.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Employers are REQUIRED to keep COPIES... the ORIGINAL went to the IRS.

In these days of computer generated documents, most of them are "originals". I haven't actually gotten a copy - carbon or photo - of a W2 from an employer in at least 15 years. The W2 doesn't have any signatures on it, so any copy coming off of the printer is pretty much the same as any other copy.

Anyway, that's just semantics.

What I was saying was that his employer might have thought he was asking for the employer's actual records document, rather than a copy of the records document.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.