moondancer627

Do you have a long weekend for the 4th?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Some lucky people get Monday/Tuesday off.... I had to ask for the time way long ago ,but I got it...

Thank God! I am so tired of work garbage.... I am off to a cozy little cabin in Cloudcroft, New Mexico with some friends for 3 nights and Fireworks over Alamagordo Tuesday night.

The only bummer is that 6 were going and now we are down to 4. One guy, plus my hubby bailed out cause they were told after planning for months that they had to work Mon/Weds.

Anyway I am getting out of Dodge Early tomorrow morning.

Have a fun few days. I will miss the VJ excitement and entertainment and will have to catch up when I get back....

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

i'm actually off until the 7th ... not sure what we are doing yet ... going to plan some day trips here and there.

hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Nope, I have to work Monday. Crazy workaholic judges. (Seriously, though, it's hard for me to take any time off at all, because I have to hire an outside contractor to cover for me, and there's only three in the whole city who can. And one of them is only available three days a week.)

On the plus side, it's our anniversary this weekend, so we're going to have a big blowout weekend. We're going to go up the tram today, maybe see Superman tonight, dinner tomorrow at the Melting Pot, then the city's big Fourth of July celebration tomorrow. Performers from all of Albuquerque's sister cities (including Sasebo, Japan; Askebat, Turkmenistant; and of course, Alburquerque, Spain), headlined by Linda Ronstadt, including an air show and balloon glow, and of course fireworks.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Have fun everyone! We're going to just maybe grill out with Mom/Dad or something, but not sure yet...and Amera is coming up to our neck of the woods, so we might (probably) are going to meet up with her on Monday and her Morrocan hubby...should be FUN! :thumbs: M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have to work every day, 7 days a week. And no holiday pay for the 4th - that sucks! But so far can't switch jobs since have to have a job for AOS and pay for his ticket here, God willing! Or..... who knows, move there if they deny it again? But living in Morocco sucks too, maybe even more than my job, at least for people who got used to living in U.S. and to comfort and all that good stuff. Hope it doesn't come to that.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERYBODY!!!!

Try to get some fun for me too, lol.

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm off, going to be with the family at the pool ready to do the annual watermelon toss-in. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! I have not had a good steak in a long time. I have the week off until my next job starts on the 10th.

i just finished the 2nd of 5 days in a row (12 hr shifts)... so, i will be working thru and on the holiday

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Nope, I have to work Monday. Crazy workaholic judges. (Seriously, though, it's hard for me to take any time off at all, because I have to hire an outside contractor to cover for me, and there's only three in the whole city who can. And one of them is only available three days a week.)

On the plus side, it's our anniversary this weekend, so we're going to have a big blowout weekend. We're going to go up the tram today, maybe see Superman tonight, dinner tomorrow at the Melting Pot, then the city's big Fourth of July celebration tomorrow. Performers from all of Albuquerque's sister cities (including Sasebo, Japan; Askebat, Turkmenistant; and of course, Alburquerque, Spain), headlined by Linda Ronstadt, including an air show and balloon glow, and of course fireworks.

I just got back from Alamagordo, NM... We had a great fireworks display last night over the Space Museum.

NM knows how to do a fireworks display right. Plus all the local crazies putting off the works... We had a rustic cabin up in Cloudcroft for 3 nights and spent another night in Soccoro, NM. almost to Albuquerque.

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.