FaithfulandTrue

Can we please just get along

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When will it all end...I'm tired of the fighting.. I'm ready for peace

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090528/ap_on_...el_palestinians (F):crying:(L)

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Obama will also visit Saudi Arabia before he goes to Egypt. But he has no plans to stop in Israel, an hour's flight from Egypt, during his swing through the region.

:o

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not all Israelis feel that the Obama Administration is selling them down the river in order to cozy up to the Arab world.

Granted, many do feel that way. There's plenty of anxiety in Israel regarding the change in US posture in the region.

But keep in mind that Israel is a diverse society with as vibrant (and polarized!) a left/right divide as exists in this country.

There are many on the left of Israeli politics (myself included) who believe that it's in Israel's best interests to be "coaxed" (for lack of a better word) by

a benevolent Uncle Sam in the direction that's in Israel's own best interests. Namely, to take the hard steps that can lay a foundation for a lasting permanent resolution of the issues, particularly the settlements.

The issues here are very complex, you could write thousands of pages to delve into the intricacies of Jerusalem, the Golan and Sheba Farms, the rights of exiled Palestinians in neighboring countries, water use, access to religious sites, ... as usual, newspaper headlines or soundbites from the Secretary of State can't possibly do justice to the complexity here.

Specifically regarding "natural growth", there is a real impracticality to this especially with regards to the larger towns such as Efrat and Ariel. These are cities of tens of thousands of people who are now into second and third generations. Regardless of whether they should ever have been built - they are there now and it is entirely impractical to talk of "dismantling", or to curb their natural growth as families have children who grow to adulthood and want to have homes in the communities they grew up in.

Any overall solution is going to have to creatively deal with the de facto existence of these towns. I personally think the most practical approach is to redraw boundaries to annex the largest towns to Israel, and to have Israel cede an equivalently sized piece of land in the "Triangle" area of Wadi Ara and Um-el-Fahm which would be annexed to the West Bank as part of Palestine. Grandfathering of citizenships would obviously occur - Israeli Arab citizens of Wadi Ara would not lose citizenship if the territory is attached to Palestine.

It's a very, very messy situation. And so long as extremists have the upper hand, it's pie in the sky to conceive of a lasting solution. But one must have hope.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Not all Israelis feel that the Obama Administration is selling them down the river in order to cozy up to the Arab world.

Granted, many do feel that way. There's plenty of anxiety in Israel regarding the change in US posture in the region.

But keep in mind that Israel is a diverse society with as vibrant (and polarized!) a left/right divide as exists in this country.

There are many on the left of Israeli politics (myself included) who believe that it's in Israel's best interests to be "coaxed" (for lack of a better word) by

a benevolent Uncle Sam in the direction that's in Israel's own best interests. Namely, to take the hard steps that can lay a foundation for a lasting permanent resolution of the issues, particularly the settlements.

The issues here are very complex, you could write thousands of pages to delve into the intricacies of Jerusalem, the Golan and Sheba Farms, the rights of exiled Palestinians in neighboring countries, water use, access to religious sites, ... as usual, newspaper headlines or soundbites from the Secretary of State can't possibly do justice to the complexity here.

Specifically regarding "natural growth", there is a real impracticality to this especially with regards to the larger towns such as Efrat and Ariel. These are cities of tens of thousands of people who are now into second and third generations. Regardless of whether they should ever have been built - they are there now and it is entirely impractical to talk of "dismantling", or to curb their natural growth as families have children who grow to adulthood and want to have homes in the communities they grew up in.

Any overall solution is going to have to creatively deal with the de facto existence of these towns. I personally think the most practical approach is to redraw boundaries to annex the largest towns to Israel, and to have Israel cede an equivalently sized piece of land in the "Triangle" area of Wadi Ara and Um-el-Fahm which would be annexed to the West Bank as part of Palestine. Grandfathering of citizenships would obviously occur - Israeli Arab citizens of Wadi Ara would not lose citizenship if the territory is attached to Palestine.

It's a very, very messy situation. And so long as extremists have the upper hand, it's pie in the sky to conceive of a lasting solution. But one must have hope.

From what i've read, that is not a very fair land swap. It may be analagous in actual land size, but not in the quality of land. I don't see a real way to solve it. The Israeli settlements shouldn't be there in the first place. But they are, and you can't really relocate tens of thousands of families, homes, and communities.

Timeline
From what i've read, that is not a very fair land swap.

Life is unfair.

Yeah, and you want to basically kick them to a reservation, and expect them to take it, be peaceful, and praise Israel for giving them a kick in the nuts? It's attitudes like this that perpetuate groups like Hezbollah and Hamas.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Life is unfair.

Yeah, and you want to basically kick them to a reservation, and expect them to take it, be peaceful, and praise Israel for giving them a kick in the nuts? It's attitudes like this that perpetuate groups like Hezbollah and Hamas.

Pretty much, yes. The stronger side dictates the rules of the game to the weaker side.

If they want their land back, they should man up and fight for it. If they can't win,

they should bend over and assume the position.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
When will it all end...I'm tired of the fighting.. I'm ready for peace

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090528/ap_on_...el_palestinians (F):crying:(L)

RIGHT ON ! :thumbs:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

Life is unfair.

Pretty much, yes. The stronger side dictates the rules of the game to the weaker side.

If they want their land back, they should man up and fight for it. If they can't win,

Good thing you don't work in the state department or foreign ministry of any country. That is a recipe to sustain a guerilla resistance in perpetuity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Life is unfair.

You know what? I'll say it.

That's just plain retarded. I think you're just being intentionally provocative.

Filed: Timeline
If they want their land back, they should man up and fight for it.

I agree. The conflict should be resolved with no interference from the US. If the Iranians get a nuke and drop one on Tel

Aviv and the Jews reciprocate with one on Tehran, so be it. I really don't care. Heck, I actually think watching that news on MSNBC would get a chuckle out of me.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Timeline
If they want their land back, they should man up and fight for it.

I agree. The conflict should be resolved with no interference from the US. If the Iranians get a nuke and drop one on Tel

Aviv and the Jews reciprocate with one on Tehran, so be it. I really don't care. Heck, I actually think watching that news on MSNBC would get a chuckle out of me.

I do miss bombs over Bagdad, shot through night vision. Can we get all three cable networks' camera crews in place ASAP?

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

No matter what anyone says the Palestinians have a right to exist. It's about time a US President has begun to show some sense about fostering relationships in the Arab world. We already pacify Israel. What else can they want from us? I was appalled by some of the tactics used in the recent Israeli/Palestianian conflict by Israel. Palestine may not be innocent but NEITHER is Israel.

Betsy El Sum