mosstoss

I-130 filed, no response yet?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

My wife and I went over to the Delhi consulate, and we filed the I-130 application on May 4th. The lady at the counter said our application was 'OK', and to expect a packet in the mail within a month. I don't specifically remember is she used the word 'approved' explicitly.

I have not yet received anything in the mail. I know its not yet a full month, but its close enough. :)

What should I be expecting now? Is this the Packet3 that we will be getting?

I also emailed the consulate about the status, but i have not heard from them yet. Any ideas on what I should be doing?

thanks and help!

They responded via email, and apparently the Chennai consulate has mailed out Packet3 via standard mail on the 15th of May. After charging so much for processing, they should have at least chosen a more guaranteed method of delivery.

I might go to the local PO to check, but if I don't get it does anyone know if they can resend the packet?

Don't worry. it takes about a month.

I got the Packet3 today. :) Phew!

It's not much actually, just some copies of the next forms to be filled.

Thanks all!

They responded via email, and apparently the Chennai consulate has mailed out Packet3 via standard mail on the 15th of May. After charging so much for processing, they should have at least chosen a more guaranteed method of delivery.

I might go to the local PO to check, but if I don't get it does anyone know if they can resend the packet?

Don't worry. it takes about a month.

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hi everyone,

thank you all for giving so much information. I went to the consulate in Frankfurt Germany and submitted my i-130 packet and the people at the consulate said that it was good and organized correctly. The date I submitted it was 27 Mar 09 it is now 1 Jun 09 and me and my spouse have recieved no response. I am in the military and have left Germany my wife is in the Czech Republic which is her place of residency. I was wondering how to track a petition when you do a DCF. We are both worried that the paperwork was lost or something else maybe. any help would be appreciated.

thank you in advance,

Joe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hi everyone,

thank you all for giving so much information. I went to the consulate in Frankfurt Germany and submitted my i-130 packet and the people at the consulate said that it was good and organized correctly. The date I submitted it was 27 Mar 09 it is now 1 Jun 09 and me and my spouse have recieved no response. I am in the military and have left Germany my wife is in the Czech Republic which is her place of residency. I was wondering how to track a petition when you do a DCF. We are both worried that the paperwork was lost or something else maybe. any help would be appreciated.

thank you in advance,

Joe

Normally DCF is filled where you are both resident, but it seems neither of you live in Germany (you went back to the USA and she to the Czech Republic), but an exception may be possible as you are active duty military. What mailing address did you provide for Packet 3 etc? You might want to start a new, separate topic asking for the experience of other German DCF filers, but as it's been more than 2 months now, I would suggest phoning or emailing the consulate.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hi,

So the Packet3 really doesn't contain anything unique. (Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong). I emailed the consulate, and asked them to resend the packet, and they just send me word docs and pdf's of the DS2030(?) form.

The only useful thing in my Packet3 was the Case number. I'm sure you can get that via emailing the consulate. So I don't think you need to wait for packet3 before going ahead.

However, like someone else said, given that you both are not in Germany anymore, I don't know how this would work.

Hi everyone,

thank you in advance,

Joe

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hi,

We used my wifes address in Czech Republic on the i-130 form, and used my mailing address for petitioner and PCS move Fort Polk for the address to live in the USA. I sent the consulate an email, but haven't received a response yet. They told my wife to be patient and wait till 90 days and then start calling. My question is should they have already mailed me a receipt with a case number? How do you track your petition if you do not receive anything from uscis.

thank you for your responses it is much appreciated,

Joe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.