tuesdaysgone

Please Advise-Concurrent Filing I-130 and I-485

12 posts in this topic

I have been collecting all the information, forms etc required in the guide section on here for the I-130 and i-485. I am aware from reading on here, that I need to file them concurrently.

I have a few questions.

1.Do I write 1 check or 2 checks to file concurrently. How much should the checks be made for (please help by posting a link to the info where it shows the fees).

2.When sending the documentation, do I send them together in 1 envelope, or 2 smaller envelopes in 1 big one.

3. Does anyone have the Chicago mailing address where I am to mail it to?

4. Should I place the i-130 info in a plastic pocket and the same with the i-485? Also including contents for each pocket, and an overall contents page?

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

5. Is this uscis fee schedule up to date?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...edule052907.pdf

would I write a check for the i130 and i485 in 1 lump sum or 2 separate checks?

and just to confirm the cheque is made payable to the dept of homeland security right?

Yes, those are the correct fees. I wrote two seperate checks, one for AOS, one for I-130. Seperate the two files. I did so by putting each application in it's own file folder and putting the whole thing together in a USPS priority mail envelope. I imagine, people do it a variety of ways. I sent double copies of my wedding certificate, one for I-485 and one for I-130 (all I-130 needed for evidence at that time, this may have changed, I think it did, but after I had filed). I didn't want the evidence for the two applications to get mixed up, thus the seperate folders. I don't know if it is ok to write one check, it might be, but I did two as they were two different applications. I really don't think that they care if you write seperate checks. I wrote a seperate biometrics check for my recent I-175 application and they were both cashed no issue at all, however on the form, it said that you could write one check, if you wanted to. I don't know the fees offhand, but they would be on that link that you posted.

Edited by jane2009

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

And yes, make the check payable to department of homeland security. I was running out of room so put Dept. of Homeland Security and they accepted it, but I guess you should try to fit the whole thing in there if you can.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
And yes, make the check payable to department of homeland security. I was running out of room so put Dept. of Homeland Security and they accepted it, but I guess you should try to fit the whole thing in there if you can.

This is the ONE thing that USCIS is VERY good at => Taking your money.

I'd bet you could address it to The Man and they'd cash it :wacko:

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

This is the ONE thing that USCIS is VERY good at => Taking your money.

I'd bet you could address it to The Man and they'd cash it :wacko:

baron555 - that's really funny.

tuesdaysgone - You can separate I-130 and I-485 into 2 different envelopes and put them in one final big one together. I wrote 2 separate checks $355 and put it in the the I-130 envelope and another for $1010 for the I-485 envelope

Very Good information to have, I'll be sending in the I-130 and I-485 in a couple of weeks, to add on to this, should I also add the 765 at the same time all in one big envelope or should that one go in a separate mailing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
Very Good information to have, I'll be sending in the I-130 and I-485 in a couple of weeks, to add on to this, should I also add the 765 at the same time all in one big envelope or should that one go in a separate mailing?

765 goes in the same package as the 485

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

File I-131, I-765, I-485 concurrently since it's al included in the Fee anyway. All goes in the same package with supporting documents attached to each individual application.

IR5 For Parent

5. Is this uscis fee schedule up to date?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...edule052907.pdf

would I write a check for the i130 and i485 in 1 lump sum or 2 separate checks?

and just to confirm the cheque is made payable to the dept of homeland security right?

One check for each, and yes, Department of Homeland Security. Be sure to spell it all out. We sent all of our forms together (130,765,485). We separated them into their own manilla envelopes, attaching supporting documents to each form with paperclips. Those all got bundled together in a Fedex envelope. Used 2 day service. Cost under $20. Since we used Fedex, the address we used was:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Note: if you use USPS, the address is different. You'll want to use something trackable.

Be sure to make copies of EVERYTHING! :thumbs:

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I wrote one check. I included cover sheets for each separate application (I485, Advance Parole, EAD, etc.) I put it all into one envelope with an overall cover sheet. I used paper clips on everything. I think I included duplicate copies of my husband's passport with some part of the application and they HANDED THEM BACK TO US at the interview!! Anyway, better to send more than not enough! And it must have worked because 3 months after mailing out our application, my husband was approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.