M&D

Can someone explain me that?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everybody

Hi felt all the emotions in this process, happyness, madness, hope, hopeless and now I get frustrated, may be I'm wrong and I'd be glad if really I'm. I sent my application on october 14 2008, I received my NOA1 on november 26 2008. since, I never had any informations about the evolution of my case or the last one that I had, the case was touched on december 1st 2008, I think the case should be out of date, I went to see my congressman on may 1st 2009, they say to me that I suppose that to have an answer in two or three weeks, until now nothing. At be begining of this week I called the USCIS, they said that my case is in the normal procees and I have to call from may 26 2009.

My questions are

why I suppose to wait the next week to call, because obviously my case will be out of date?

Do you think that there is something wrong with my case, and they will wait six months to tell me that?

why there are a lot of cases that have been sent after my case but got approved before? (Because thet USCIS say that they process the cases in order they receive them)

If someone has an advice about my situation, I'd be very glad...

Hope for those who are waiting and congratulations for those who get approved...

Thanks

:crying: :crying: :crying:

I-129 send 10/14/2008

NOA1 received 11/26/2008

touched 12/01/2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi everybody

Hi felt all the emotions in this process, happyness, madness, hope, hopeless and now I get frustrated, may be I'm wrong and I'd be glad if really I'm. I sent my application on october 14 2008, I received my NOA1 on november 26 2008. since, I never had any informations about the evolution of my case or the last one that I had, the case was touched on december 1st 2008, I think the case should be out of date, I went to see my congressman on may 1st 2009, they say to me that I suppose that to have an answer in two or three weeks, until now nothing. At be begining of this week I called the USCIS, they said that my case is in the normal procees and I have to call from may 26 2009.

My questions are

why I suppose to wait the next week to call, because obviously my case will be out of date?

Do you think that there is something wrong with my case, and they will wait six months to tell me that?

why there are a lot of cases that have been sent after my case but got approved before? (Because thet USCIS say that they process the cases in order they receive them)

Hope for those who are waiting and congratulations for those who get approved...

Thanks

im sorry i know how bad it is to set and wait i will add u to my prayers i hope u get ur noa2 with in the next week or so (F)

sara

Hi everybody

My questions are

Thanks

My case took 6 1/2 months for USCIS to approve, and that was with CSC, which I think it faster.

Do a service inquiry when you are able.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Wow, this is ridiculous. You need to start calling your senators, congressman, assemblyman EVERYDAY. Send letters to Vermont I129 Supervisor, and make an info pass appointment if necessary. Nag them everyday. And if you call USCIS just ask to speak to the manager and nobody else.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Wow, this is ridiculous. You need to start calling your senators, congressman, assemblyman EVERYDAY. Send letters to Vermont I129 Supervisor, and make an info pass appointment if necessary. Nag them everyday. And if you call USCIS just ask to speak to the manager and nobody else.

Infopass won't do much, as its really a 'one-way' communication. They won't feed any complaints or requests back to VSC.

Do a service inquiry, as that will force VSC to pull your file (and hopefully approve it)

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

We went thru the same thing. You have to wait 30 days after the 6 months timeline. After this 30 days then you can request a "service request". They will then enquire about your case & will get back to you within 45 days. (it took about 6 days for ours to come back)

All it told us was that we were in security checks & that we had to call back in another 30 days if we hadn't heard anything.

Eventually we got our NA02 but it was a very stressful wait!

Good Luck :thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In a similar boat. Will contact my senator soon.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear M&D

I was skimming through older posts looking for the six month and waiting thread, to see if any of my old contacts there saw my post the other day about our approvals. When I saw your post I wanted to reply to help you understand this mess.

When you look at the so called Similar Timelines to yours, it is easy to get really depressed. You cant understand why it seems everyone else flies through the NOAH 2 in three months, when there you are at five or six months. Well I went ten months until USCIS Vermont finally did the right thing and sent my papers on to the NVC. Then we suffered for over one and a half months in NVC when everyone else seems to go through in three days. I did the Congressman thing too, and I dont think it hurts, but I doubt it really helped. Once you are outside their normal processing time, you are permitted to call Vermont and ask for an Inquiry. At the time I did my call, they were running almost ten months behind according to the web site. I then got approved in a few days after my call. Go by the supposed normal processing time on their web site for the K1 and then call and ask for an Inquiry. Then you will likely get approved.

Carl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.