12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After all the endless form filling I was expecting a RFE as perhaps not all I's were dotted or T's crossed so they need a little bit extra info for my EAD. I received NOA for everything else 10 days after I mailed it all to Chicago and all cheques were cashed a few days after that.

My question is, does the RFE hold everything up including AP or will it just cause a delay for EAD. The requested evidence was mailed back straight away but it was a total of 25 days since my initial filing. I'm hoping just the EAD will be delayed and not AP. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Some people say it does delay it. Others believe it doesnt. Just really a waiting game :yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
After all the endless form filling I was expecting a RFE as perhaps not all I's were dotted or T's crossed so they need a little bit extra info for my EAD. I received NOA for everything else 10 days after I mailed it all to Chicago and all cheques were cashed a few days after that.

My question is, does the RFE hold everything up including AP or will it just cause a delay for EAD. The requested evidence was mailed back straight away but it was a total of 25 days since my initial filing. I'm hoping just the EAD will be delayed and not AP. Thanks in advance.

What was the RFE for anyway?

It was income related. Last years tax returns only covered 3 months as my wife's job only started midway through the year so it didn't meet poverty levels so the request was for a co-sponsor or evidence of increased earnings. I've sent off this past tax years W2's which shows the correct income levels. Silly oversight on my part but corrected immediately.

Regardless of whether it delays the process or not (my guess is it does), you can still go in for an interim EAD after 90 days..

District Office: Newark, NJ

11/28/05 Mailed I-485 to Chicago Lockbox

12/06/05 Rcvd. 3 NOA - I-765/I-130/I-485

12/17/05 Rcvd. Biometrics Appt for 12/27/05

12/28/05 "Last Updated" Date on USCIS Website Updated to 12/27/2005

01/13/06 Rcvd. Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview for March 15, 2006

02/19/06 Rcvd. EAD

03/15/06 AOS Interview - APPROVED!

03/18/06 Rcvd. Welcome Letter

03/18/06 Rcvd. Physical Greencard. Journey is Over..almost!

12/20/07 Sent I-751 Application Via Certified Mail to VSC

01/07/08 Rcvd. NOA1 for Fee Rcvd.

01/27/08 I-130 Application "Touched"

01/28/08 Rcvd. Biometrics Appt for 02/22/08

02/25/08 I-751 Application "Touched"

03/09/08 I-130 Application "Touched"

03/23/08 I-130 Application "Touched"

11/15/08 Rcvd. Approval Notice Stating Actual Card to Come in 60 Days

Thanks for the replies. On closer inspection it looks like it was for the whole I-485 package and not just EAD, however we did supply a letter stating it wasn't possible to show evidence of a full years tax return. Guess they ignored it.

However there's plenty of summer work available for me back in the U.K. so if AP arrives first my wife and I may head over there as long as it doesn't clash with any interview dates. If EAD arrives first then I'll look for work over in the US. Basically, I'm hoping for no further delays so I can bring in an income.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think you are wrong about that Skoopie. We got an RFE for the I 485 and the RFE specifically stated that the EAD 90 days was on hold until a satisfactory response came from us.

Regardless of whether it delays the process or not (my guess is it does), you can still go in for an interim EAD after 90 days..

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I think you are wrong about that Skoopie. We got an RFE for the I 485 and the RFE specifically stated that the EAD 90 days was on hold until a satisfactory response came from us.

Yes, that's how USCIS treats RFEs. But hopefully there won't be a delay since you responded promptly.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Okay, the part on the letter regarding employment led me to believe it was purely to do with my EAD, now I realise it is concerning the whole AOS. Will it still be possible to go for an infopass interview for AP after 90 days or does the EAD delay push this back as well? There's plenty of work in London if I want it and bills need to be paid somehow or other. Advance Parole will let me get out there, work a month or two (interviews permitting) and bring some cash home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think the answer to that question lies in how much hassle it is to go to your nearest office. Ours is about 6 hours drive each way. There is no way I would go through all of that and be turned down. We plan to wait 90 days after the status went to " We have recieved your answer to the RFE ".

Okay, the part on the letter regarding employment led me to believe it was purely to do with my EAD, now I realise it is concerning the whole AOS. Will it still be possible to go for an infopass interview for AP after 90 days or does the EAD delay push this back as well? There's plenty of work in London if I want it and bills need to be paid somehow or other. Advance Parole will let me get out there, work a month or two (interviews permitting) and bring some cash home.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

I rather think that you will get your EAD wayyyyyy before the summer and would be better off getting yourself a proper job here in the USA. Don't forget that you have to be careful about being away from the USA too much, as they might regard an extended absence as a sign that you have abandoned your AOS.

My EAD and AP arrived together, by the way.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.