-B&T-

Name not on Mortgage/Utility bills.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Venezuelan Shepherd Dog might have been more convincing.

Did you include pictures of the dog?

I'm not sure for NickD, but I did include our cat adoption paper from the Humane Society that shows joint name, our address, our cell phone numbers and a picture of the kitty. From that, it proves that we're family so the T-mobile cell phone bill that shows family plan but only in my name can be submitted as evidence.

FYI, Venezuelan wife is a green eyed redhead with a German maiden name, her grandfather hopped on a boat to South America where my grandfather came to North America. Their home towns were about 650 miles apart. Thanks to Al Gore inventing the internet, we met.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
her grandfather hopped on a boat to South America where my grandfather came to North America. Their home towns were about 650 miles apart. Thanks to Al Gore inventing the internet, we met.

Muhahahahahahhaha that just made my day :rofl: :rofl:

Field Office - Minneapolis-St Paul

N400 Sent 4/20/2009

N400 Received 4/21/2009 at Phoenix Lock Box facility

PD 4/22/2009

Check cashed 4/27/2009

NOA letter 4/27/2009

FP 05/28/2009

IL received 07/06/2009

Interview on 08/20/2009

OL 09/16/2009

OD 09/23/2009 - DONE.. finally :D

I have found it almost impossible to get bills put in both names. Comcast, Centerpoint Energy (Gas company) and many others will not put two names on the paper bills. We only have the water bill from the City in both names at our new place. So I've tried to alternate the names on bills, some in his name and some in my name to show 50/50 type of thing. And the mortgage has my name only on it, because my (USC) hubby's credit score was bad when we applied. So not sure exactly what we'll show, we have the bank statements, deed to the new house we bought in Jan, and the ever important tax transcripts...

Most don't, some do. T-mobile, AT&T (doesn't matter house phone, Internet, cell phone, etc.) and Centerpoint Energy don't put both names on bill. Reliant Energy (electricity) and Direct TV (Satellite TV) do.

I just have a question for the people in st Paul who were asked about utility bills, what kind of evidence did u have in the first place? Did u have 3 years joint taxes+IRS transcript in both your names, car insurances with both names?, both paychecks pointing at the same address? Rent/lease with both names on it? I would assume the evidence presnted was weak in the eyes the io

Joint ownership of home, vehicles, and a German Shepherd dog, joint property, state, and federal income tax returns, joint health, auto, and each other as beneficiary to life insurance, valid marriage certificate and copies of previous divorces, copies of our drivers' licenses showing a common address. a copy of our phone directory with both our names in it, off the assessors web site a color photo of our home with both are names on it, joint checking, savings, CD's, bank and credit card statements. Our latest electric, phone, and cable bill with both our names on it. Wife said our stack of evidence was about 3" high, apparently they save it all, but for how long, who knows.

You can elect not to go overboard with evidence of your financial relationship, they did not request a video of us making love in bed, but risk delays if you get an RFE, in the case of our friend in Quincy, was almost two years, but her USC didn't have the backbone to complain about that and she was scared stiff.

If a utility says that cannot put both of your names on the bill, request they send you a letter stating so, and that goes with your bank if they want to charge additional closing cost and refinancing to add your spouse's name to the deed. That way you are covered, or just wait and wait and wait.

They don't need other evidence if they require this. :rofl:

I think if you can't get bills in both names, then alternating names (as wannabe_texan suggested) should be good enough.

In our case, we have one bill with both names, one bill in my name only, and one or two bills with only my husband's name. All show the same address. Should meet the requirement as far as utility bills are concerned, I think.

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We left our dog in the truck, Newfie Chow, Double Alpha Female, the dog not the wife, which might have helped if we had any issues, she would not have taken kindly to her walker and feeder having problems.

For some reason I could not help thinking of The Boys from Brazil.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have found it almost impossible to get bills put in both names. Comcast, Centerpoint Energy (Gas company) and many others will not put two names on the paper bills. We only have the water bill from the City in both names at our new place. So I've tried to alternate the names on bills, some in his name and some in my name to show 50/50 type of thing. And the mortgage has my name only on it, because my (USC) hubby's credit score was bad when we applied. So not sure exactly what we'll show, we have the bank statements, deed to the new house we bought in Jan, and the ever important tax transcripts...

Most don't, some do. T-mobile, AT&T (doesn't matter house phone, Internet, cell phone, etc.) and Centerpoint Energy don't put both names on bill. Reliant Energy (electricity) and Direct TV (Satellite TV) do.

I just have a question for the people in st Paul who were asked about utility bills, what kind of evidence did u have in the first place? Did u have 3 years joint taxes+IRS transcript in both your names, car insurances with both names?, both paychecks pointing at the same address? Rent/lease with both names on it? I would assume the evidence presnted was weak in the eyes the io

Joint ownership of home, vehicles, and a German Shepherd dog, joint property, state, and federal income tax returns, joint health, auto, and each other as beneficiary to life insurance, valid marriage certificate and copies of previous divorces, copies of our drivers' licenses showing a common address. a copy of our phone directory with both our names in it, off the assessors web site a color photo of our home with both are names on it, joint checking, savings, CD's, bank and credit card statements. Our latest electric, phone, and cable bill with both our names on it. Wife said our stack of evidence was about 3" high, apparently they save it all, but for how long, who knows.

You can elect not to go overboard with evidence of your financial relationship, they did not request a video of us making love in bed, but risk delays if you get an RFE, in the case of our friend in Quincy, was almost two years, but her USC didn't have the backbone to complain about that and she was scared stiff.

If a utility says that cannot put both of your names on the bill, request they send you a letter stating so, and that goes with your bank if they want to charge additional closing cost and refinancing to add your spouse's name to the deed. That way you are covered, or just wait and wait and wait.

They don't need other evidence if they require this. :rofl:

:lol: NickD has a good sense of humor!

Thank you so much guys for all the response.We added my name on all of our utilities today except for the water they asked for my ID so we'll be going to their office by tomorrow and Fill up some papers too.As for the mortgage, we will not refinance just to add my name and were in AZ a community property state so I guess I will be ok when time comes.....

Thank to you all,

Bituin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thank you so much guys for all the response.We added my name on all of our utilities today except for the water they asked for my ID so we'll be going to their office by tomorrow and Fill up some papers too.As for the mortgage, we will not refinance just to add my name and were in AZ a community property state so I guess I will be ok when time comes.....

Thank to you all,

Bituin

Forgot that I had to send in another copy of my birth certificate, also sent a copy of my VA photo ID card to prove that I am a USC. I made two set of copies, because we had another friend that had their application lost. Didn't want a copy of my wife's birth certificate, guess that time they were happy with her green card, but she did have to bring in her old and renewed passports in to prove that the trips we listed since she became a LPR were valid.

They didn't ask for letters of affidavits from friends, relatives, nor employers, but I didn't attach our W-2's and 1099's to the copies of our tax returns, I though the IRS labels would both our names on it would be enough, but did bring those in with our copies of the tax returns, wife's IO wanted to keep those, that kind of teed me off.

I gathered her IO didn't believe we were married and living together, but her IO didn't want to meet me, I was there, gathered a piece of paper was more important than me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.