Imbra2005

Message from ScottishHighlands

41 posts in this topic

signs-trolls.gif

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him rant. I just got my IMBRA RFE today. I will fill it out, send it in and then my petition will procede as before. IMBRA does not stop honest people from bringing in their loved ones. It only informs the fiance of a dangerous USC. The only ones that have anything to worry about are the criminals that have something to hide. I wonder if that is why he is so upset? Just wondering, not accusing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Let him rant. I just got my IMBRA RFE today. I will fill it out, send it in and then my petition will procede as before. IMBRA does not stop honest people from bringing in their loved ones. It only informs the fiance of a dangerous USC. The only ones that have anything to worry about are the criminals that have something to hide. I wonder if that is why he is so upset? Just wondering, not accusing.
Gary, I hope you are right about IMBRA not stopping honest people from bringing in their loved ones. But I don't think anyone knows for sure how long of a delay this will cause and how many marriages will be sabotaged as result of IMBRA. My understanding is that 11,000 visa petitions are on hold "indefinitely". I hope this will not translate into 1 or 2 year delays, in which case, I can see a good number of engagements being broken off.............................................................................

......................................................... This IMBRA is so vague, overly broad and poorly written that its implementation has been a nightmare, as expected. Now, I am sure that the IMBRA proponents realized this, but they pushed it through Congress anyway and unfortunately, it is having the desired effect of "chilling" international romances. IMBRA seems like a scornful feminist agenda designed to keep older, wealthier American men from marrying a much younger foreign woman.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, I guess as a scornful feminist myself, my problem with Jim & Co. waxing political on this forum is that we're all supposed to be here to share support and be a resource for one another. All of us. Male and female. Yet I get the feeling that if I post needing help or support, Jim & Co. will probably just call me fat and ugly, blame me for all the things they don't like about the world, and tell me that if I really want to do something besides feeling sorry for myself, I should fight radical feminism and support the God-given right of American men to marry foreign women because men are the ones who are really being treated unfairly.

No offense to the American guys here--I like you and everything. My dad and my brother are both American men and they're awesome. But my own man is always first with me, and that's what I'm thinking about when I get frustrated about IMBRA--not about whether you are being deprived of right to marry women foreign women.

And I don't really care about whether women in other countries might be younger or prettier than I am, either. I don't care if American men would rather marry one of them, than a fat-bottomed brunette American gal like me. Hell, you can marry ostriches or wheelbarrows as far as I'm concerned, if that will make you happy.

I just don't want my government jerking me and my sweetheart around--and on my tab, yet!

You know what I mean? Yeah, I thought so, because I know you're going through the same thing right now! I come here to talk to people who know what I'm going through, just like you do--not to get involved in some gender war. And I don't think that Jim & Co. really get that about this forum.

Can Jim and his friends show me that I'm wrong about them? If they can't, I think we'd all prefer it if they stayed on their own forum, where people log on for the purpose of hearing their views.

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

tigre, te amo.

I want you to be my lawyer when I need one.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

[Well, I guess as a scornful feminist myself, my problem with Jim & Co. waxing political on this forum is that we're all supposed to be here to share support and be a resource for one another. All of us. Male and female. Yet I get the feeling that if I post needing help or support, Jim & Co. will probably just call me fat and ugly]

Tigre: Jim would be the first to help you find a free lawyer to sue the government so Dan can come from England. It is nonsense to see anything misogynist in what he wrote (he cannot stand American victim feminists but who can?). Fact is the victim feminists, a significant minority of mostly those over 40, got the IMBRA law passed because they are insecure about men their own age taking younger partners. Go to other forums and these activists will confirm this to you. The law was a cry in the dark. But the strange politics of the Iraq War and the crucial "Security Mom" support for the war has created a volatile situation where men who date foreign women are under heavy attack. Since this includes US soldiers who are among the biggest customers of "mail order bride sites"...there is going to be backlash.

And women here are "victims" of IMBRA. It doesn't help the spirit of "helping each other" to then distance yourself from men who use marriage agencies and say that you don't care about them. You are in the same boat. Gay men who want their gay partners to come from England...are also in the same boat.

Also...it is the 4th of July Weekend. Jim is going to be the next 10 days in Europe and then he will be busy with the upcoming lawsuit against the IMBRA form. So regulars here who didn't agree with him shouldn't flatter themselves with talk of who "deserves" to be here or not.

One thing Jim never does on any IMBRA forum is personally insult anyone else on the forum. The moment someone personally insults another on a forum, it means he or she has lost an argument and wants to settle it by other means.

Timeline

[it only informs the fiance of a dangerous USC. The only ones that have anything to worry about are the criminals that have something to hide.]

We could only wish that it "ONLY" informs the fiance of a "dangerous" USC.

But doesn't it also "inform" the fiance that they met on an IMB?

Don't you think she knows where she met the guy?

Apparently, the government feels the need to remind the foreign woman how she met him.

Otherwise the IMB question has a more sinister meaning. It is meant as an advance threat to any American man thinking of meeting someone on the Internet...and thus the whole law chills the atmosphere of seeking foreign relationships.

And a six month background check on the American applicant? US Army Intelligence bacground checks are less than that. The law is, therefore, designed to discourage foreign marriages. Nobody who travels to Russia has a criminal record by definition, unless they lie to the Russian government.

IMBRA can be rewritten quite easily:

1) No question on the visa form about IMB or not.

2) Very short background check on American visa applicant

3) IMB must do Sex Offender check but NOT have to do the impossible and get individual approval from women who don't have email before giving her phone number to a man.

4) Government recognizes that non-fraudulent foreign marriages are good for the country and vows to speed up the visa processes overall.

With the changes, the law wouldn't face serious challenges.

Edited by EnglishGarden

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If it's just a name you chose because it was being discussed that day, why have all of your posts going back to May 30 all been on this topic? You don't post on any other topic.

now that you mention it, that does seem odd :yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Charles: You say that seems odd and yet, in another thread you flame someone who was simply stating the truth that IMBRA advocates who don't have foreign mates are on this website to try to influence you NOT to write your Congressman to complain about the IMBRA law itself. ;-)

IMBRA2005 wanted you to complain only that the law hasn't been implemented fast enough.

Do you see any bias there. ;-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

EnglishGarden = ScottishHighlands

I have no problem with people giving their opinions but creating multiple accounts (=spam) is a violation of the TOS.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

EnglishGarden = ScottishHighlands

I have no problem with people giving their opinions but creating multiple accounts (=spam) is a violation of the TOS.

TOSS that Salad Captain :thumbs:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.