yogib37

Why some AOS get process faster then others

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Again I apologize,

We got our Noa1 on Nov 1 2005. It took us 4 months and a 12 hour round trip just to get biometrics. We have an interview in July with another 12 hour round trip. I just felt like you were given a great blessing and you did not acknowledge it. I am sorry that you were offended. Perhaps you could write your Congressman or call the newspaper.

I think it is unfair for you to expect an approval in less than a month. You don't have your timeline posted here. Maybe you have a good reason to complain but on the surface this appears to be some serious " whining ". There are many people here that have been waiting a long time. I don't think you will get much sympathy unless you have something better than waiting a month for your green card.

Look,

one person on this board got her Green card approved. She had her case transfer to CSC ONE FU^^^KING week after mine was, and 2 weeks later she had a welcome to USA letter.

Now if you cant say anything nice except for accusing me of whining.. SHUT YOU FUKCING PIE HOLE.

That is one reason I am so upset. I see other people getting aproved faster and they sent in AOS lot later then me.

It has not only been a month. It was transfer a month ago, I got my NOA1 Very early in March..

So it is not only one month.

yogib,

Point of clarification - you don't know that nothing has been done on your case at the CSC, you know only that there have been no updates to the online status report for your case.

Yodrak

HI

I been waiting for my wife's AOS to be aproved. It was transfered to CSC on May 30. it has been their since then untouched.

I have seen on this site other people's AOS getting approved when they were transfer their after mine. Why is it that they dont even look at mine case? I need her to have it approved or get her Advance parole approved.

I thought it was good to have it sent to CSC cause it was going to be a quick approval.

Just feeling we are being skipped over as others were getting approved

Thanks

That is true,

I just need a aproval either from AP or AOS. my step son has his visa already for the Manila consulate. It is in his passport. I need it so my wife can travel back to the Philippines and get him. I need to get him quick so I can have my wife regester him for school and she can get a job. I need help in that area.

she is also very bored staying at home all the time and watching TFC or playing computer games or chat to her sister..

thanks for the Reply.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Look,

one person on this board got her Green card approved. She had her case transfer to CSC ONE FU^^^KING week after mine was, and 2 weeks later she had a welcome to USA letter.

Now if you cant say anything nice except for accusing me of whining.. SHUT YOU FUKCING PIE HOLE.

That is one reason I am so upset. I see other people getting aproved faster and they sent in AOS lot later then me.

It has not only been a month. It was transfer a month ago, I got my NOA1 Very early in March..

yogib, the poster apologized for their lack of compassion.

If you allow yourself to get upset everytime you see someone get approved quicker than you, you are either going to make yourself sick, or give yourself much more unneeded stess (been there, done that). Try not to think about it, you will drive yourself crazy, you will get approved when you get approved :) .

yes I know.. I am sorry for that post but I posted it before I saw it :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yes it is bizarre.. it took 8 months from filing for my interview and subsequent instant approval of AOS. Yet it took another couple who had their interview in the same place and sent all the forms to the same place only 4 and a half months. Why would that be? We had no hold ups, and got told we were the perfect simple case... yet ours took 4 months longer than theirs. If ours had come through in that short time frame then it would've made life a lot easier, with being able to work, travel, etc. And would have saved us money applying for AP and EAD unneccesarily. I thought that cases were supposed to be done in the order they were received... I guess not. Pretty frustrating. I mean, I am approved now so can't complain much but it certainly would have made life easier to have got approved as quickly as the other couple did, especially since we filed 4 months before them...

My son and I filed our AOS and my EAD on Nov 23rd 2005 and got the NOA's back with a receipt date of 6th Dec. Due to family matters that I will not discuss on here as it is personal, we couldnt file for AP. I got my EAD but have heard nothing since..... in the time we have been waiting to get an interview date my mother has passed away and now I have been told that my father has only 9 months left to live. But my family here needs to be sorted and looked after so I wait and hope it wont be much longer........................

please dont think I am whining I am just saying that even after waiting for nearly 8 months I wait patiently and just know in my heart I will get to see my dad before its too late

Ange

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 14th 08 ..... Mailed the I-751. Back in the system we go

Oct 18th 08 ..... NOA receipt date

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Oct 24th 08 ..... NOA arrives in post.

Nov 13th 08 ..... Receive date for Bio-metrics in Atlanta.

Nov 28th 08 ..... Bio-metrics appointment.

Feb 18th 09 ..... Date of decision to remove conditions on permanent residency.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Mar 7th 09 ....... My 10 yr green card arrives.

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

Going to take a little break from the immigration stuff.

31e3d60.jpg.png

Timeline

Ange,

Yours is a very sad story. I can't even imagine what it must be to have this much trouble and not be able to go. There is an emergency AP available that I would think you could qualify for. Hopefully you will get an interview soon and you will be able to travel without it.

Without going into specific details, I can tell you that I have had a lot of experience with people that are terminal. I can testify that sometimes 6 months can turn into 6 years. You never really know when the time will come. I really hope this is the case for your Dad and that you can spend some good time with him before he passes.

One of the most difficult parts about these international marriages is the travel. In the beginning it is impossible, and later it just becomes too expensive. My heart goes out to the half of VisaJourney

that has to change their life so dramatically. Love is great, but the immigrants here to the US pay a very heavy price for these relationships. Hopefully you are getting a lot of support and understanding from your husband. You certainly need it!!!

My son and I filed our AOS and my EAD on Nov 23rd 2005 and got the NOA's back with a receipt date of 6th Dec. Due to family matters that I will not discuss on here as it is personal, we couldnt file for AP. I got my EAD but have heard nothing since..... in the time we have been waiting to get an interview date my mother has passed away and now I have been told that my father has only 9 months left to live. But my family here needs to be sorted and looked after so I wait and hope it wont be much longer........................

please dont think I am whining I am just saying that even after waiting for nearly 8 months I wait patiently and just know in my heart I will get to see my dad before its too late

Ange

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

Filed: Timeline

Look,

If you allow yourself to get upset everytime you see someone get approved quicker than you, you are either going to make yourself sick, or give yourself much more unneeded stess (been there, done that). Try not to think about it, you will drive yourself crazy, you will get approved when you get approved :) .

I think your apology is lacking, considering that the poster you flamed has apologized twice. There are many who could look at the fact your K-1 got approved in 13 days and get just as upset! Maybe the VSC spoiled you with your I-129F? Regardless, there was no need for your obscene post blasting sjoefl01 and your insincere apology.

Timeline

Immigration is not for sissy's. A lot of nerves get frazzeled. We all have different points where we lose our cool. The poor guy just wanted to complain a little and I was cruel to him. I apologize for that.

It is frustrating for all of us. I think we have to understand how much of this process that we don't know about. I think if the truth was known we would all want them to do things exactly like they are doing them. I really don't want to get in line behind somebody that is from a country that America has problems with while they get security checked. We can only imagine how it would be if we all had to wait in a single file line behind some poor fellow whose Mom and Dad decided Osama Bin Ladin was a pretty cool name for their kid.

Look,

I think your apology is lacking, considering that the poster you flamed has apologized twice. There are many who could look at the fact your K-1 got approved in 13 days and get just as upset! Maybe the VSC spoiled you with your I-129F? Regardless, there was no need for your obscene post blasting sjoefl01 and your insincere apology.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Timeline

Look,

I think your post is lacking tack and class. It is up to the person to decide. Not you. you dont know everything with my K1 case and since I dont want to tell you. I wont give you the details. I said I was sorry to him if he accpeted it great.. if not it is also ok.

I feel it was tacky what you put in your line.. 'we got stuck behind a bunch of people from the Philippines.' Sounds like your a bigot. Since you are judging me, I will judge you.

I dont care if I ruffle your feathers or not, You have a choice, You can reply or not. You can read my post or not.. it is up to you. Also you dont decide what is sincere or not.

Edited by yogib37

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whatever you guys do, dont depend on the timeline that is posted on uscis website. It's not updated properly. I got my 130 and 129 approved and only one of them was updated on the site. When I got my paperwork approved, the date on the website said it was still working on files a month prior. It's usually a month behind.. theres no telling to anything.. its just a rough guide.

The only thing to do is wait patiently. We all chose to take this route to be with our loved ones. Hang in there...

Rob and Jessica

I think your post is lacking tack and class. It is up to the person to decide. Not you. you dont know everything with my K1 case and since I dont want to tell you. I wont give you the details. I said I was sorry to him if he accpeted it great.. if not it is also ok.

I feel it was tacky what you put in your line.. 'we got stuck behind a bunch of people from the Philippines.' Sounds like your a bigot. Since you are judging me, I will judge you.

I dont care if I ruffle your feathers or not, You have a choice, You can reply or not. You can read my post or not.. it is up to you. Also you dont decide what is sincere or not.

Wow, it certainly sounds like you are the person with a problem. You attack Joe, and now you attack me. At least Joe apologized for his comments, and all you can do is use degrading comments and foul language. I'm glad you don't care if you "ruffle" my feathers, because I have no respect for anything you say, given the content of your posts on this thread. By the same token, who are you to deam my post is lacking tack and class, when I merely pointed out the obvious and did not resort to name calling or profanity. As for your K-1 case, it doesn't matter to me, and I don't care to know anything about it as you are a rude person. I'm glad you took such an interest in me to read my timeline and my comments. You obviously are insecure and overly sensative to come away with your perception that I am a bigot. Guess it takes one to know one.

Timeline

Wow, it certainly sounds like you are the person with a problem. You attack Joe, and now you attack me. At least Joe apologized for his comments, and all you can do is use degrading comments and foul language. I'm glad you don't care if you "ruffle" my feathers, because I have no respect for anything you say, given the content of your posts on this thread. By the same token, who are you to deam my post is lacking tack and class, when I merely pointed out the obvious and did not resort to name calling or profanity. As for your K-1 case, it doesn't matter to me, and I don't care to know anything about it as you are a rude person. I'm glad you took such an interest in me to read my timeline and my comments. You obviously are insecure and overly sensative to come away with your perception that I am a bigot. Guess it takes one to know one.

fine.. I dont repsect you either.

so dont reply to this message or any other from me. I dont care what you think of my post cause it does not matter what you think..

I realy dont see why it has all gone so far people are allowed to air their views and it is their rights . Appologies were made , from what I can see and read, and accepted from both the parties that were initially involved. This is continuing to go on due to people coming into the discssion later. Can we not let it drop and just be supportive of each other while we go through this maze of madness......... :unsure:

Thanks for your kind words joe . That is the first time I have talked about it on here as I dont want to be judged for not being able to go for AP . I have my reasons and it is serious. I talk to my dad most days and now my bro (also terminal) is getting a new pc with skype on so that my dad can see his grandkids and me and we can see them...

like I said before I just keep praying and hoping that I will get a chance to see him in person soon. Yes I am hoping that he will live longer but now its up to the big man above :luv:

Ange

Edited by 1daysoon

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

31e3d60.jpg.png

AS far as support from my husband ..... he and his family are fantastic , I couldnt wish for more supportive people

Ange

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It gets this far because some people fail to realise this is an OPEN forum...any and all posts are subject to flaming and criticisms. You take the advice that helps and ignore the other comments....something I've learned too. If one lets EVERY comment become upsetting, getting through this process with your sanity intact is questionable ;)

It is too bad though, that this thread turned into a flame :unsure:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

It gets this far because some people fail to realise this is an OPEN forum...any and all posts are subject to flaming and criticisms. You take the advice that helps and ignore the other comments....something I've learned too. If one lets EVERY comment become upsetting, getting through this process with your sanity intact is questionable ;)

It is too bad though, that this thread turned into a flame :unsure:

Yup, its true.

Ignore the ones not worth typing to, and take the advice from the ones who are mature enough just to answer the question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.