moondancer627

JK Rowling suggests Harry Potter might be killed off

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

J. K Rowling said two characters will die in the last book and she hinted one might be Harry.

"I have been tempted to kill him off before, but I wanted seven books"

The main reason... " If I kill him off then no one else can write a sequel, and when I am dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character."

She said she wrote the final chapter in 1990. "A price has to be paid, we are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extra's do they? The go for the main characters, and so do I?"

Yeah, like doesn't she know about movies, and books, if Harry is a wizard, and Voldermort brought himself back from the dead than so can Harry.

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Indeed. My money's on Ron and Hagrid, or at least on Ron and Hagrid being two of the three who were originally supposed to die (one character got a "reprieve.")

ETA: And I was right about who would die in books five and six.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

I can understand why she wants to do so though. I'm an amatuer writer (not very good at ALL lol) but both writing and art stuff I make am very protective over. :whistle:

If nobody was allowed to pick up from her at a later date she might not do it??

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am still waiting for Harry Potter the College years. Like a Charmed meets 90210. But they need to get a different actor for Harry--maybe Christian Bale or the guy who plays Superman on Smallville.

But I think we will find out that Voldermort is really Harry's father.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

From a storytelling point of view - that would be quite terrible if the series wound up resorting to cliche.

Of course, HP was never all that original to begin with. Its well told certainly, but its simply another take on Just William / The Hardy Boys.

From a storytelling point of view - that would be quite terrible if the series wound up resorting to cliche.

Of course, HP was never all that original to begin with. Its well told certainly, but its simply another take on Just William / The Hardy Boys.

I totally agree on the cliche thing, that's exactly what I was going to say. I mean, she's been SO secretive before about these things so why would she give away now a big hint that Harry will die? That will be such a letdown if he does because we all will have known it was coming! :P Any hints yet as to when book 7 might come out?

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I think one would be Snape, not sure about the other one...

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I totally agree on the cliche thing, that's exactly what I was going to say. I mean, she's been SO secretive before about these things so why would she give away now a big hint that Harry will die? That will be such a letdown if he does because we all will have known it was coming! :P Any hints yet as to when book 7 might come out?

2007 apparently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

2007 apparently.

I don't think so, the next movie is coming out in 2007

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

I am still waiting for Harry Potter the College years. Like a Charmed meets 90210. But they need to get a different actor for Harry--maybe Christian Bale or the guy who plays Superman on Smallville.

But I think we will find out that Voldermort is really Harry's father.

Part of JK Rowling agreeing to there being a movie was Warner Bros. agreeing only to have British actors play the characters. Although I do believe an American has appeared in the films, but with a background, non-speaking role. But I'm sure this scenarion has been written about in Harry Potter fanfiction, but if you search for it, be careful where you tread in the fandom. So as not to be totally grossed out/freaked out. ;)

I think Snape will die in the next book, to balance out Dumbledore dying. I think he will redeem himself by sacrificing his life for Harry's at some point. I don't think Ron will die. They've done too much foreshadowing of him and Hermione being the next generations of Weasley's, they're already so much like Molly and Athur, IMO.

Filed: Timeline

The rumor is that the 7th book will be out July of 2007. The movie is due June of 2007.

But I'm sure this scenarion has been written about in Harry Potter fanfiction, but if you search for it, be careful where you tread in the fandom. So as not to be totally grossed out/freaked out. ;)

The worst is the fanfiction that has Harry and Snape having a gay love affair. Who are these people that come up with this? They need lives, and some morality.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

The rumor is that the 7th book will be out July of 2007. The movie is due June of 2007.

07/07/07? :P

Edited by JamesMiranda

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!