rosezahra

Simple Step by Step Guide for filing a K1

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi there me again lol!

Well... Ive been somewhat reading the guidline and the page confuses me too much information not many colors lol... urm I hope someone can guide me whats the step in couple of bullet points on what to do... I think the Fiance in the US applies first for the K-1 or something im still confused about that...Thanks for Reading!

Damsel in distress! :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi there me again lol!

Well... Ive been somewhat reading the guidline and the page confuses me too much information not many colors lol... urm I hope someone can guide me whats the step in couple of bullet points on what to do... I think the Fiance in the US applies first for the K-1 or something im still confused about that...Thanks for Reading!

Yes, in most cases, the fiance in the USA prepares the packet. It is sent to the Immigration office (USCIS) in the name of the American citizen as a petition for a K1 visa for the foriegn fiance. So... I am not sure if you have seen this page:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1guide

It very cleary lists what you must do.

Good Luck !!!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Plus have a read of the flowchart HERE and it may make things a little clearer as to the process in general.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I just followed the guide here on VJ and it worked perfectly! Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I just followed the guide here on VJ and let see what happens I am still waiting for NOA 2! Good luck

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
whats NOA2???

guys how many documents does my fiancee send at once? all the application forms?

Your fiance sends the I-129F packet...and if you look at the guides the forms needed for submission are listed...as well as links to download them. The NOA2 is the I-129F approval.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi there me again lol!

Read the flowchart aussiewench gave you.

Step one before that is that you must have met in person within the past 2 years, which you say you have not yet done.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

* Download form I-129F

* Fill in form

* Download 4 pages of Bio forms. You and your partner fill one of these for each of you.

* Collect evidence that you and your fiance have met within 2 years i.e photographs, hotel receipts, flight stubs/boarding passes.

* Get a 3/4 view passport size photograph done of yourself make sure it's 2inchx2inch (instructions are on I-129F).

*Mail all the above to the place they say on the I-129F....

Once they recieve all that then you will get a Notice Of Action (NOA) 1.....

If they need more evidence or anything they will send you a RFE (request for evidence) and you had a deadline to get what they write to you asking for in. If you do not meet the deadline they close your case.

After NOA1 you should get a NOA2 and that means your application has been accepted so they have to send that around from country to country and then they'll mail you more forms....

My advice, when sending the first bundle of papers try and get as much evidence you can in that you have met anything and everything! We made the mistake of not supplying enough and are now delayed awaiting NOA2....

Hope that helps.

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Thanks guys... im sure some or maybe most of u no of my situation for those who dont Its difficult for both me and my bf too meet due to social practices as I most of all would be violating cultural practise and get very ugly for me if my family found out thats all i can say for now!

Most of you say their is a requirment that we must have met at least once however it says in the 1-29f petition that :

You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90

days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States, and

are both free to marry, and have met in person within

two years before your filing of this petition unless:

The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in

person would violate strict and long-established

customs of your or your fiancé(e)'s foreign

culture or social practice; or

It is established that the requirement to

personally meet your fiancé(e) would result in

extreme hardship to you.

this is how i describe my case.. however i dont know how to explain to them only by words really.. how do i proove it?

i have emails and tryna get the phone bill but its in my brothers name with that be a problem ?

Thanks

Edited by rosezahra

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

whats NOA2???

guys how many documents does my fiancee send at once? all the application forms?

Your fiance sends the I-129F packet...and if you look at the guides the forms needed for submission are listed...as well as links to download them. The NOA2 is the I-129F approval.

The foreign fiance can organize and send the packet if they want.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Thanks guys... im sure some or maybe most of u no of my situation for those who dont Its difficult for both me and my bf too meet due to social practices as I most of all would be violating cultural practise and get very ugly for me if my family found out thats all i can say for now!

Most of you say their is a requirment that we must have met at least once however it says in the 1-29f petition that :

You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90

days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States, and

are both free to marry, and have met in person within

two years before your filing of this petition unless:

The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in

person would violate strict and long-established

customs of your or your fiancé(e)'s foreign

culture or social practice; or

It is established that the requirement to

personally meet your fiancé(e) would result in

extreme hardship to you.

this is how i describe my case.. however i dont know how to explain to them only by words really.. how do i proove it?

i have emails and tryna get the phone bill but its in my brothers name with that be a problem ?

Thanks

Well, I was wondering when you would spill the beans.

If this is a relationship condoned by your family (arranged), then you should be able to support the 'no meeting' requirement by documenting your cultural practice, with supporting testimony from your religious leader.

If you are trying to get around your cultural practice and/or your family, I think you will find it very difficult.

Most people overcome this type of cultural restriction by having a chaperone or similar attend a meeting ini person.

Your problem is probably not as unique as you think it is; you may as well post your situation and see if anyone has dealt with it before.

It's not going to sound any worse than 'we met online 6 months ago and want to get married sight unseen', frankly.

Edited by meauxna

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

guys shall i just give up?

hmmmmmmm imgoing to die miserable... its that its not so easy for us to meet... his family dont like me for the fact that i am not christian and he;s turning 18 real soon so really hes not legal to marry me until he turns 18 in june ...and that my parents coming from the middle east dissapprove of love marriages... well ive fallen in love both with someone who i did not expect to like so strongly... but its happened ok.. my parents will never let me travel alone for the fact that I'm a girl and girls shudnt trvel by them selves abroad and ur gonna say take an adult no one really has an interest in going to america and im not going to spoil the relationship i have with someone whom im so inlove with... my moms threathened me before that if she ever found out that i hav had any relationship with any guy even as friends or if i break the rules (more like go against cultural practices and shame the family) they will send me back to where i originally come from.... my story sounds too interesting a bit like the Princess and the Marine anyone seen that movie lol... but yeh guys i bet ur all thinking oh what wud she know theyre both young.. but age doesnt matter and u guys dont know how we feel about eachother we really want to get married and thats that i dont want to stay in a pre martial relationship Im a muslim and I want to make this legit and marry him we both do....

theres not a day gone past were we havent emailed eachother or called... he;s also partially blind so im kinda worried for him to comeover by himself....

yehhhhhh well thats my STORY meauxs hope someone out there can make to star cross lovers unite lol

byee :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I just want to add this is a cultural issue not a religious thing on my side ..... Islam dissaproves of nationalism and rejecting someone based on where they come from but what can I say culture always seems to measel its way in I hate it when they say oh Peity is important in a person but when they ask where hes from they'll reject him based on his nationality grrrrrrr

Timeline
yehhhhhh well thats my STORY meauxs hope someone out there can make to star cross lovers unite lol

Thanks for posting it; it makes it easier to break down what you have in front of you. I'm afraid it doesn't look good strictly from a visa perspective, or a personal perspective.

Visa Facts

-You must meet in person to qualify for the I-129f. What you wrote does not seem to fit the 'cultural practices' barrier because it is specific to this one boy, not men in general.

-Your USC must be able to sponsor you at a certain level of income; 125% of the US poverty limit for his household.

-Age. Sorry, but he is not old enough to file the petition for you now, merely from a legal standpoint.

Personally, I *do* sympathize with your being between two cultures. You may have spent your formative growing up years in a country very different from your parents', but the Back Home rules apply to you inside of your family and social structure. It must be very confusing, and hard to talk with your parents about. I do encourage you to do so though, because moving to a new country is not easy to do without the love and support of your family, especially at a young age. You also have to factor in that your parents (presumably) support you financially and provide a place for you to live. I don't think that you should try to do something behind their back. My best suggestion is for you to find someone in your cultural community who you can talk with about this.. someone who has walked your path of growing up (mainly) Western with parents from another culture. I agree that it's not just an issue of religion, but that may be the best place to find another Princess and find out how she has dealt with it :)

There are alos a lot of mixed-culture couples posting here at visajourney; why not look for some of the posts from people who are from your same home country? They might have some good advice for you.

I'm a few years older than you, but I know how you feel about your love---that's something we all have in common. But I'll tell you that I still rely on the love and support of my parents and my family, and as much as I love my husband, I would not want to have to choose between him and 'them'; my family is an important part of my, and I hope yours is for you, too. Even if you disagree now, this is part of growing up, don't rush anything, just take some time to think about it, and get the counsel of others you respect :)

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.