ftr_mrs_f

Will we get an RFE?

14 posts in this topic

Hello, my fiance will mail our K1 packet today, and just now he called me to tell me that the passport pic i mailed him has blue backgroud... :unsure: im so dumb, i was in such a hurry when i got the pics, i didnt pay too much attention to that, so, do u think we will get an RFE for that? we just want to mail everything now since we realized that the I-129f form expires june 30.

Thanks for your help

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

July 17/06.............. Check was cashed

July 18/06.............. Thx God we got our NOA1 from CSC

Sep 20/06............... Thx God! NOA2 date

Sep 21/06............... touched; got 5 approval emails! thank you Lord!

Sep 26/06............... mon amour got NOA2

Oct 18/06............... My baby got the letter from NVC

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Nov 01/06............... Medical @ 8am

Dec 14/06............... My baby got packet 4

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 22/07............... VISA APPROVED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

Apr 27/07............... Married my one and only at 10;30am

Jul 06/07............... Finally mailed away AOS

Jul 19/07............... Check was cashed

Jul 21/07............... Thanks God we received NOA1

Jul 24/07............... Thanks God we received Biometrics letter

Ag 17/07............... Biometrics @ 12

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You probably will.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Have you completed the new I-129F that now covers the IMBRA? Ignore the expiry date on the I-129F. As for the photo, I would wait to submit it with the correct white background as you will most likely receive an RFE.....not worth it. Can you perhaps have another photo taken, scan and email it to your fiance so he can get it printed out on good quality photographic paper. I have noted other members in the past printing out their own and this will save you some time.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yeah, I'm almost 100% sure you will. When I moved to the US 359 years ago, they made me retake my picture about 50 times.

My fiance did the same thing, and had to run all over town and did not find a place that would do it with a white background. Eventually he found a place that just used the wall (doh!).

I did what aussiewench suggested and printed out the scanned picture using kodak's glossy photo paper and my dad's jet printer. They came out great!

Edited by grismar

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah, don´t mail as it is as you know you´ll get an RFE. Also make sure to have the new I-129F form or you´ll get an RFE for that as well.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I can see what you're trying to do, squeeze in the old I-129f before the 30th but you must realise (and when I say this please don't take it as facts I'm just on this train with ya'll no way a visa official) but they may actually dismiss that and ask you to do the new one anyway. Just a thought, you don't want more hassel. As for the photographs, you NEED a white background on it....100% sure. The best advice I can give you is, go get new photos done...and fill out the new I-129f and start fresh with the new laws etc on it. It will actually be less trouble to wait say another week than them hanging on to your file deciding to impliment the new rules on you or not. Good Luck! :yes:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Thank you all for your replies, i'm about leaving to take the new pics, now i'm wondering if he can get that print at walgreens or places like that. Anyway, we really thought we had to fill out the new form if we were to mail the application next week, but thanks for letting me know that, we will do the new one now.

Thanks again for your help.

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."

Filed: Timeline

ftr_mrs_frmnt,

How dark is the blue background? The USCIS is not as picky about the photo as the DoS is. If it's a very light 'sky' blue it might be accepted.

Yodrak

Hello, my fiance will mail our K1 packet today, and just now he called me to tell me that the passport pic i mailed him has blue backgroud... :unsure: im so dumb, i was in such a hurry when i got the pics, i didnt pay too much attention to that, so, do u think we will get an RFE for that? we just want to mail everything now since we realized that the I-129f form expires june 30.

Thanks for your help

ftr_mrs_frmnt,

How dark is the blue background? The USCIS is not as picky about the photo as the DoS is. If it's a very light 'sky' blue it might be accepted.

Yodrak

Thanks for your help

Yep, it is light "sky" blue as you mentioned, but i will take the new pics anyways, since we have to fill out the new I-129f. We will have everything ready by tonite, hopefully. Thanks for your reply :)

dev242bf___.png

Also might be helpful to ask for the negatives incase you need more copies or get many prints of the same photos :)

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Timeline

They were pretty picky with my citizenship application in 2002 :crying:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Also might be helpful to ask for the negatives incase you need more copies or get many prints of the same photos :)

Will do that too, thanks for your help :thumbs: i'm all nerves now...

So we have to do whatever possible to "please" them in any way...

PS: Very nice "signature", me encanta esa cancion de Juanes, aplica muchisimo a la situacion por la que todos nosotros estamos pasando... :yes: Suerte y que Dios les bendiga

dev242bf___.png

Timeline

Will do that too, thanks for your help :thumbs: i'm all nerves now...

So we have to do whatever possible to "please" them in any way...

PS: Very nice "signature", me encanta esa cancion de Juanes, aplica muchisimo a la situacion por la que todos nosotros estamos pasando... :yes: Suerte y que Dios les bendiga

Gracias, igualmente :)

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.