psp312

How much time is good enough for NVC case complete after sending IV and AOS papaper?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife has her K3 visa in second week of JUN. I am trying to convert that visa date to CR1 visa. I wanted to know how long does it take for NVC to complete case after receiving AOS and IV papers?

I already sent my AOS papers and they are under review. I am waiting on PCC to send IV package and it looks like it will take at least another 10 to 15 days before I get that and I can send IV package.

Should I change interview date for K3? Is three weeks time enough for NVC to complete case and then forward to US consulate in Mumbai?

Edited by psp312

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My wife has her K3 visa in second week of JUN. I am trying to convert that visa date to CR1 visa. I wanted to know how long does it take for NVC to complete case after receiving AOS and IV papers?

I already sent my AOS papers and they are under review. I am waiting on PCC to send IV package and it looks like it will take at least another 10 to 15 days before I get that and I can send IV package.

Should I change interview date for K3? Is three weeks time enough for NVC to complete case and then forward to US consulate in Mumbai?

u cant be sure really , but looking to ur words i think this is impossible with all the means

u state 10-15 days till u be able to send the IV package ...

so this is May 15 nearly ...then to send ur IV package ....till its scanned ..reviewed and entered into system so it take like 7-10 days and then u get a case complete if theres no RFE

and depending on ur embassy free slots for interveiws ..it take 10 days and up till u get an interview date ...(most embassies but not all get an interview after nearly 15 -20 days of case complette status ...

about if u change the interview date for the K3 ..this is up to you to decide considering many factors ..like the cost after entry to the states ...time ..etc

Good Luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

The are usually completing the case within 1 week of submitting the final papers. However, I've read of some Mumbai embassy people having difficulty adjusting their scheduled K3's to CR1 interviews, I believe they generally just have to wait for the CR1 to be scheduled. Of course let the embassy know that you intend to follow CR1.

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

:yes:

u cant be sure really , but looking to ur words i think this is impossible with all the means

u state 10-15 days till u be able to send the IV package ...

so this is May 15 nearly ...then to send ur IV package ....till its scanned ..reviewed and entered into system so it take like 7-10 days and then u get a case complete if theres no RFE

and depending on ur embassy free slots for interveiws ..it take 10 days and up till u get an interview date ...(most embassies but not all get an interview after nearly 15 -20 days of case complette status ...

about if u change the interview date for the K3 ..this is up to you to decide considering many factors ..like the cost after entry to the states ...time ..etc

Good Luck

Timeline

Hi psp 312,

I am also experiencing the same problem.I am waiting for the PCCs to submit my IV package.My aos package was received in NVC on 4/28/09 and is under review.My IV fee bill is paid and am waiting for the PCCs to send my IV package.

I called NVC and the operator said that I just need to send district local police clearance from the last place of stay and

that I dont need to send the passport clearance certificate to NVC now.Beneficiary can bring the PCC from passport office to the Interview.

Also she said that If the beneficiary stayed in different countries then we need to send one for each country.

I have to call again to speak to a different operator to confirm this.

I told her that my husband has stayed only two years in his present address and she said thats fine.I hope this is true.

My husband went to the district police and they said it may take about a week or so for the PCC because of the elections.

My husband is from Andamans and he is staying in Mumbai for the past 5 years.We have applied for local PCC from Thane(miraroad) and Belapur (panvel)and once he gets his local PCCs he has to get passport PCC from Andamans.

May be you can also call the NVC and speak to an operator about your problem .

Please post any updates

Thanks and all the very best to you

I wanted to add that NVC told us that he could send a copy of his PCC and bring the original to the interview. So he scanned it once he recieved it and sure enough they requested his original when handing over his medical package and the passport. Maybe you want to call NVC if this applies for your embassy as well, but it did save us the time of mailing from Jordan where even express takes 7 days!

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Timeline
I wanted to add that NVC told us that he could send a copy of his PCC and bring the original to the interview. So he scanned it once he recieved it and sure enough they requested his original when handing over his medical package and the passport. Maybe you want to call NVC if this applies for your embassy as well, but it did save us the time of mailing from Jordan where even express takes 7 days!

Thanks for your reply... I will call NVC and find out about copy of PCC. I am hoping that if I submit my papers by MAY 10th or 15th I may have enough time to get NVC case complete and get visa interview switched from K3 to CR1.

Timeline

Hi psp312,

I just called NVC again and the operator I spoke to also said the same thing that beneficiary can take passport PCC to the interview .I need to send original Local PCC from the last place of stay to NVC at the new address posted on the website.

I asked her whether we can send copy of PCC and she said we need to send the original PCC.

hope this helps

you can also call just to be sure

best of luck

Timeline
Hi psp312,

I just called NVC again and the operator I spoke to also said the same thing that beneficiary can take passport PCC to the interview .I need to send original Local PCC from the last place of stay to NVC at the new address posted on the website.

I asked her whether we can send copy of PCC and she said we need to send the original PCC.

hope this helps

you can also call just to be sure

best of luck

I also called NVC and the lady siad that we can submit copy for Passport and PCC. But need to submit original for other documents. Will call them again to verify and see if I get the same answer.

Timeline

Hi,

When I recieved the RFE for the PCC they had me send originals of Both the Local Passport Office and District Police Office PCC's to NVC. I hope it doesnt cause us a problem later on when we go for the interview!!!

Marriage Date: 2006-01-13

USCIS Journey

I-130 Sent : 2008-08-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-08-29

Touched: 2008-09-04

Touched: 2008-09-19

APPROVED!!!: 2008-23-12

NVC Journey

Case Entered Into NVC: 2008-12-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2009-01-08

Receive IV Bill: 2009-01-08

Return Completed DS-3032: 2009-01-08

Pay I-864 Bill: 2009-01-24

Pay IV Bill: 2009-01-24

Receive I-864 Package: 2009-02-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2009-02-03

Return Completed I-864: 2009-03-03

Return Completed DS-230: 2009-03-03

RFE - Need Original Documents and Photographs: 2009-03-11

Documents and Photographs Sent: 2009-03-16

Checklist Entered Into System: 2009-03-19

Sons Case Completed (Waiting for Wifes to Complete): 2009-03-25

RFE - Need PCC from Local Police: 2009-04-03

PCC from Local Police Station Sent: 2009-04-22

NVC Scanned Local PCC Checklist: 2009-04-30

Case Complete @ NVC: 2009-05-07

USEM Journey

Interview Email Received: 2009-05-12

Case Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Case Received in Chennai: 2009-05-15

Medical: 2009-05-28 & 2009-05-29 (Completed)

Interview Date: 2009-06-02 @ 9am (PASSED)

POE @ Chicago: 2009-06-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.