dcrespo314

A lil confused

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

i called the State department and asked them what forms my fiance would need to fill out once she has the interview in her country, the lady told me that i needed the DS 156 and the DS 156k.. Then reading something on this site which states whats included in packet 3 and the site said i need the DS-230 and the DS-156... So my question is which forms do i need, or do i take all three just in case?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
i called the State department and asked them what forms my fiance would need to fill out once she has the interview in her country, the lady told me that i needed the DS 156 and the DS 156k.. Then reading something on this site which states whats included in packet 3 and the site said i need the DS-230 and the DS-156... So my question is which forms do i need, or do i take all three just in case?

In which country does your fiance live? The precise answers to your questions are country dependent, since the US consulates in each country have their own variations on the documents required for the K1 application. In general you do need all of DS156, DS156K, DS230 and DS157. And also the Affidavit of Support I134 that you (the USC) must fill out. That's certainly true in Thailand, where my fiancee lives. I believe it's true in most if not all countries. Check the embassy website in your fiance's country, and also check the VJ guides at the top of this page.

Good luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1. you didn't fill in your timeline

2. we don't know what Consulate where the interview is held

3. you can visit the consulate website to get more information about the forms

4. or wait for packet 3 to arrive and fill out every form included.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The embassy/consulate will tell you, actually your finace(e), what they want in packet 3.

Sounds like you're skipping ahead a couple of steps.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

sorry i forgot that info, im still waiting to get the NOA2, i just wanted to get started on the rest so it would be easier, the consulate is in Costa Rica, which is where i got the info on packet three the DS 230 form, but the State department says that i needed a diffrent one....Also now that you know the country is there somewhere where i can go to find out what shots/vaccines she needs for the medical exam.. thanks guys

Edited by dcrespo314

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Packet 3 is your friend. Listen to the embassy.

Go to the Latin America regional forum to get some embassy specific info.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Packet 3 is your friend. Listen to the embassy.

Go to the Latin America regional forum to get some embassy specific info.

thanks man but im a lil new at this can you post the link that i have no idea where the Latin American forum is haha thanks

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

Latin America

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.