Beth/ Paris Heart

Feel like a CR-1 CSC Castaway??

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone!!! Well we are back from Lexington and things went fairly well for a spine surgery. My sister is in lots of pain and I think only time will tell how successful it all is. Anyway, I got back home just to find my dad has been hospitalized for a mystery infection in his leg. Ah well. Life is great :) The good news is that we got our AOS bill and ds 3032 today and I have paid them. So life can be good sometimes :) Beth, no news yet chick??? Courtney how are you?? Glad to be back with you guys!!!!

Betsy El Sum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!!! Well we are back from Lexington and things went fairly well for a spine surgery. My sister is in lots of pain and I think only time will tell how successful it all is. Anyway, I got back home just to find my dad has been hospitalized for a mystery infection in his leg. Ah well. Life is great :) The good news is that we got our AOS bill and ds 3032 today and I have paid them. So life can be good sometimes :) Beth, no news yet chick??? Courtney how are you?? Glad to be back with you guys!!!!

uhmm... sorry to hear about your dad's infection.

glad to hear your sister is okay though.

and on a much happier note, you got your DS3032 and AOS generated yey!!!!

i'm still waiting for that one... :whistle:

welcome back betsy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Great to hear about the surgery going well Betsy. Also good to see you made case progress while you were in Lexington.

Its good to have you back as well

as for me I got good news today it looks as if my suprise trip will actually go through. I got news today that my passport hit the mail est arrival date is the 19th accourding to the post office. The day before my scheduled trip.

Beth, see your procative callingdid you good. You know that you made them realize they ummmm HADNT sent you an RFE. Good to know we are keeping themon their toes

Polka toes sending love your way.

Hope all of your nights are going as well as mine ... :)

:dance::whistle::dance: sing a little song get down tonight get down tonight...

hehe

Great to hear about the surgery going well Betsy. Also good to see you made case progress while you were in Lexington.

Its good to have you back as well

as for me I got good news today it looks as if my suprise trip will actually go through. I got news today that my passport hit the mail est arrival date is the 19th accourding to the post office. The day before my scheduled trip.

Beth, see your procative callingdid you good. You know that you made them realize they ummmm HADNT sent you an RFE. Good to know we are keeping themon their toes

Polka toes sending love your way.

Hope all of your nights are going as well as mine ... :)

:dance::whistle::dance: sing a little song get down tonight get down tonight...

hehe

Bets, gald your home, what is going on with Dad? We are here for you.

Courtney, Yes, my pestering them was a good thing, if not, I never would of got it, then really would of been in immigration hell nightmare.

Well, get tour passport and go see hubby, it will do you good. Breath a little.

Well kids will keep you posted should get RFE soon, lap top is a lost cause, I cant find the Systems recovery disc, so new one will be here Tuesday "I hope" so dont look for me over weekend.

Talk with ya all later. Smile, breath, we will all get thru this together girls & guys.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Beth do you still have the sticker that has your code of operating system on the bottom of laptop. If you do you can take it to a local computer repair shop and they can restore you and possibly recover your hard drive. Last time I had to do it (last year) was around 100$ for restore and he burnt my hard drive data to a disk for 25$. What can I say he loves me.

I am really sleepy today its been raining for almost 2 weeks every single day. I could use a day of sunshine I am looking rather vampire-ish. I cannot tan at the tanning bed no time and I dont really care for the idea of risking more spot removal.

Hope everyone is havin a fantastical day.

Court :thumbs:

Beth do you still have the sticker that has your code of operating system on the bottom of laptop. If you do you can take it to a local computer repair shop and they can restore you and possibly recover your hard drive. Last time I had to do it (last year) was around 100$ for restore and he burnt my hard drive data to a disk for 25$. What can I say he loves me.

I am really sleepy today its been raining for almost 2 weeks every single day. I could use a day of sunshine I am looking rather vampire-ish. I cannot tan at the tanning bed no time and I dont really care for the idea of risking more spot removal.

Oh Yes, I do Courtney have the stickers on bottom of lap top. Will take over to Geek Squad and have them look at it. hate not having internet at the house in evenings. You know its the pictures and down loads of our vacation is what I feel bad about, some pics I did not even print out yet, UGH!

I will bottle you some Texas sunshine on Saturday and send to you, Im doing yard work, and having 2 tress topped, amazing Hurricane Ike did not top them himself, LOL Oh well, back to work, ugh! I need a nap.

Have a great afternoon all, Hey anyone seen Betsy today???/ Betsy, where are you?????

Truly happy!!!

Oh Yes, I do Courtney have the stickers on bottom of lap top. Will take over to Geek Squad and have them look at it. hate not having internet at the house in evenings. You know its the pictures and down loads of our vacation is what I feel bad about, some pics I did not even print out yet, UGH!

I will bottle you some Texas sunshine on Saturday and send to you, Im doing yard work, and having 2 tress topped, amazing Hurricane Ike did not top them himself, LOL Oh well, back to work, ugh! I need a nap.

Have a great afternoon all, Hey anyone seen Betsy today???/ Betsy, where are you?????

Hey Castaways, got E-mail from CRIS. RFE dated May 14th. I was truly hoping to get it in mail Friday or Saturday the latest. Wonder ,could they of mailed it a day or two earlier, and only said May 14th in the email as being sent out???

Anyways, least got email of RFE BEFORE I got hardcopy, lately USCIS has been doing it backward, LOL., right Betsy???

Truly happy!!!

Hey Castaways, got E-mail from CRIS. RFE dated May 14th. I was truly hoping to get it in mail Friday or Saturday the latest. Wonder ,could they of mailed it a day or two earlier, and only said May 14th in the email as being sent out???

Anyways, least got email of RFE BEFORE I got hardcopy, lately USCIS has been doing it backward, LOL., right Betsy???

Good moring Castaways, Happy Friday. Okay here it is, I was home last night with my brother and his girl visiting, and Kristi asked me, Beth did you and Mo get this far in process last time? DUH, it hit me, she was right, I saw a brighter side, I told her NO never made it close to as we are now, made me feel better. Silly, how the simpliest things mean so much.

We are goin to make it thru this process, and we are a whole lot further in this process then last year.

We are are going to make it thru this process once and for all.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope something comes your way today Beth and to Courtney and Ahmed, have a good day!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey PH...

May I ask what stopped you from carrying on with the process last time? If you don't mind -- share with us so we can see if we have any similar situations where we can help each other out!

Any news about the RFE?? You've made me nervous that maybe we have one that's just sitting there gathering dust! ;)

anyway, like I said before, at least you know that the USCIS is hard at work on your file!

Best and if you don't feel sharing the story of your previous filing, that's fine -- just curious about what things hold back all the others here in the same situations as us...

Best,

LGG

Thank you Sandra, RFE will come shorlty, and will handle it ASAP. It will all be fine. You have a wonderful Friday and a better weekend.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Hey PH...

May I ask what stopped you from carrying on with the process last time? If you don't mind -- share with us so we can see if we have any similar situations where we can help each other out!

Any news about the RFE?? You've made me nervous that maybe we have one that's just sitting there gathering dust! ;)

anyway, like I said before, at least you know that the USCIS is hard at work on your file!

Best and if you don't feel sharing the story of your previous filing, that's fine -- just curious about what things hold back all the others here in the same situations as us...

Best,

LGG

Thank you Sandra, RFE will come shorlty, and will handle it ASAP. It will all be fine. You have a wonderful Friday and a better weekend.

lgg,

No its fine, and Im sure not many at all with a story like mine from when we filed.

Let me make it short and sweet, when I was 18, (24 years ago) stupid, and no brain, a part of my life where Im so ashammed of, I married a man, who my parents found out he was still married, wanted by the law and etc. So married was not valid, and parents took care of the matter, no record was suppose to be on file of the marriage. Okay forward to 2007 I married my husband, filed with VSC to bring him here, Jan. 2008 this was, forward to June 2008, Im in the country marriage records, trying to find my brothers marrage cert. I was going to order a copy frame it, and give it to them with champage for their wedding anniversary, and there it was my marriage cert from 1984, shock, panic all set in. I called a old school friend at courthouse, asked why is it on file, was never there before, etc. anyways, asked him to send me the papers showing marriage invalid or whatever they had there on file. NOTHING, heart stopped, I was still considered married to this clown from 24 years ago. I immediatley withdrew the petitions at VSC, got my girlfriend whom is a top criminal attorney, and we put our heads together. First we had to find this clown, have not seen hide or hair from him on 24 years, where to start, the INTERNET and law enforcement friends from attorneys, to a judge and 2 duputy sheriff friends.

Anyways found him in 72 hours with internet, and warden at a State prison to confirm he is the man we found on the internet. I could not prove from 24 years ago that he was married and etc. too much work, easier to just disolve marriage, so we Filed for divorce, served him the paperwork by a Deputy in North Carolina named Bubba, NOT KIDDING, and 4 days later got papers back from him, divorce granted in 61 days of filing for divorce. Judge who granted the divorce knew the whole story, and my attorney is his stand in judge when he is out, so I lucked out there. Later down the road after hurricane Ike, we re-married, had honeymoon, and re-filed with USCIS. That is the short/sweet version.

So now we are legally married !!! Thank God saw me thru this time in my life. Its something I would not wish on my worst emeny. Any if you wonder why I hired a criminal attorney to handle divorce, is cause I could of been in serious trouble even though it was a terrible honest mistake on my part.Its the only part in my life 24 years ago, I wish I could make disapear cause Im so ashamed of it. Man marreid me for my parents money is basically why, and I was a dumb a$$,

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

PH...

WOW! That's quite the story and you're right -- probably unique to you! Thanks for sharing -- I'm sort of in shock. Glad you got it resolved with the help of "Bubba"... ;)

Wow... okay, extra good luck then -- we all need it but this is round two for you and your guy so...

Thanks for sharing your story, PH... it's a good one.

Best,

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

PH...

WOW! That's quite the story and you're right -- probably unique to you! Thanks for sharing -- I'm sort of in shock. Glad you got it resolved with the help of "Bubba"... ;)

Wow... okay, extra good luck then -- we all need it but this is round two for you and your guy so...

Thanks for sharing your story, PH... it's a good one.

Best,

LGG

Thank you as I said its the only part in my life that Im very ashammed of. And for Bubba, my attorney asked when he was going got be served, find the biggest, ugliest officer you can find to serve him, LOL Im not kidding. Bubba watched him sign papers on front of a notary, and mailed them to my attorney.

But it made me stronger, and not to be so trusting. My parents were wonderful to me all my life, spoiled me, gave me a wonderful education, and did what they could when this occured 24 years ago.

I guess we all have parts in our lifes where we want to hide and disapear, but you learn from those lessons, and hopefully become a better person, I did, I attended college for 4 years, got 2 degrees and a Masters, and made a very good life for myself, now I have a life with my husband, who stood by me the whole time, never a discouraging word from him, only support and love.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandra,

Sorry to hear about your RFE. Yeah, USCIS definitely gets things a little backwards. LOL. I guess the good news is that NVC seems to be moving along quickly. Hang in there girl!!

Betsy El Sum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.