billy&lesly

i485 denied

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi...

Im really sad i got an email today saying they sent me a denial notice about my i485 I dont know why it was denied...what should i expect shoudl i just start packing my bags........my case is in california.....any advice? :(:(:(.............

BilLY & LeSly

What did the email say exactly?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
What did the email say exactly?

hello... this is what it says ..Im waiting for the letter in the mail/.........:(:(:(

Current Status: Denial Notice Sent On April 18, 2009, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days from April 18, 2009, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

BilLY & LeSly

Ok - you can wait for the notice to arrive in mail to see why they are denying it.

Were you interviewed? (your timeline doesn't show it)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
Ok - you can wait for the notice to arrive in mail to see why they are denying it.

Were you interviewed? (your timeline doesn't show it)

No..I didnt get an interview...just RFE askinf for more evidence about my husband income..I sent what they asked me to send..after that they sent the case to california to speed it up...and Im bymyself right now my husband is goign to afghanistan soon because he is in the army..this is frutrating,,:(

BilLY & LeSly

Timeline
Sounds that it could be an income related denial perhaps?

You should receive the actual letter this week. I am so sorry you are going through this. :(

...II think it might be the income..im not sure ......:(:(:(:(:(

BilLY & LeSly

Filed: Timeline
Sounds that it could be an income related denial perhaps?

You should receive the actual letter this week. I am so sorry you are going through this. :(

...II think it might be the income..im not sure ......:(:(:(:(:(

Did he provide enough income information to make it evident he was above the poverty line? Is he?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry you are going through this. If it is the income problem, you will need to find a co-sponsor. Is that a possibility for you?

Did your husband's income exceed the Poverty Guidelines?

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
Sorry you are going through this. If it is the income problem, you will need to find a co-sponsor. Is that a possibility for you?

we can get a co sponsor.. I dont really understand how much he had to earn..he was in army reserve and he was working too,,now he is on active duty and going away for 18 months ..:(

BilLY & LeSly

we can get a co sponsor.. I dont really understand how much he had to earn..he was in army reserve and he was working too,,now he is on active duty and going away for 18 months ..:(

Since you are a dependent - you can access the military lawyers to help you with your case.

Contact the base ombudsman to get an idea of who you need to talk to.

Without knowing what the denial was for, I won't speculate if it was because of income.

You may want to go ahead and call that number now, don't wait, and talk to a person, describe your situation, *husband deployed* and see what they can do for you now.

You will need that info when you go talk to the lawyers on base.

Edited by Bobby_Umit

Timeline

thanks for your reply..Im going to wait for the notice in the mail..I was reading about getting an appeal or motion..anyway thanks..

Since you are a dependent - you can access the military lawyers to help you with your case.

Contact the base ombudsman to get an idea of who you need to talk to.

Without knowing what the denial was for, I won't speculate if it was because of income.

You may want to go ahead and call that number now, don't wait, and talk to a person, describe your situation, *husband deployed* and see what they can do for you now.

You will need that info when you go talk to the lawyers on base.

BilLY & LeSly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.