RichardMiami

Advice needed PLEASE

32 posts in this topic

no need to blame the ex you had months prior to your approval to get the papers in order

Please don't be judgmental. You can't get papers together until you know what is required. Once we did, we proceeded. I am not finding blame, just stating facts.

I hope someone is kind enough to give Bean some super comforting kind helpful advice like they have given you NOT! I don't have anything to add other than much luck & happiness to you both & I hope you find more kind people to assist you & don't let the sarcastic mean spirited people get you down

I hope someone gives you as much KIND HELPFUL COMFORTING ADVICE like you are giving here

I don't really have anything to add other than people who get on here to be mean nasty & negative should NOT BOTHER! You had your reasons for the papers taking time to get together. This process is stressful enough without people being mean spirited! I hope this all works out for you & I hope you get some good advice!

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we returned our packet 3 March 5th, and our interview was last Friday! They have been fast this past month, but things could change....

Good luck!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not being judgemental I was just saying...

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

You would be there already (or close to anyway) had you returned the Package 3 faster - are you saying you took 3 months to respond back with the package 3?

Yes. We had to get papers from her exhusband. The delay was unavoidable.

Well it takes as long as it takes...

My concern right now would be to make sure your approval notice doesn't expire - or is extended by the Consulate. It is typically valid for 4 months and is usually/often automatically extended by the Consulate. (Not to worry you further.) It would be worth a telephone call (or email, whichever they allow) to ensure peace of mind.

As long as thats in place - do your best to assume the best and prepare for your new life in the US. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
we returned our packet 3 March 5th, and our interview was last Friday! They have been fast this past month, but things could change....

Good luck!

This is VERY interesting!! WHen did you get the notice about the interview??

Timeline

My concern right now would be to make sure your approval notice doesn't expire - or is extended by the Consulate.

I inquired. The consulate told me that it would be extended by them automatically. Thanks for thinking of it.

Edited by RichardMiami

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This might be completely irrelevant but the Vancouver consulate does their interviews way quicker, it took only a week or two weeks to get mine. I don't know if you could have an interview in Vancouver, it would cost you a lot more to pay for the flight but it would speed up everything.

Good luck!

This is VERY interesting!! WHen did you get the notice about the interview??

There are a bunch of us Canadians waiting on MTL...we all returned our packet 3's between Jan-march and on March 27th a few gals called that day and found out they had dates. I called too, and found out I was scheduled for 3 weeks later! I got my interview letter in the mail March 30th. They usually have one week in the month where they will schedule a bunch of dates. The next batch in line is people who returned packages in March for May interview dates...

Im not saying that its a science, but sure seems hopeful! Good luck!

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to add what Poprocks stated, I sent back my packet 3 on February 18th and I have my interview next week on April 29th. Like she said, I found out by calling DOS on March 27th and received my interview letter a couple days later. I called DOS once a week starting 3 weeks after the received my packet, just to keep myself updated. You will find out first by calling them!

I would guess (and this is just a guess) you could expect an interview in June. Maybe May if you're lucky. But 4-6 months? I don't know why they say that... It took about 2 months for a bunch of us recently.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Moved to US Embassy and Consulate forum as post is about interview scheduling, which is handled at the consulate stage.

And to the OP: hope you get a date soon -- good luck!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

This might be completely irrelevant but the Vancouver consulate does their interviews way quicker, it took only a week or two weeks to get mine. I don't know if you could have an interview in Vancouver, it would cost you a lot more to pay for the flight but it would speed up everything.

You can only go through the Vancouver Consulate if you live in Manitoba and west and you're applying for a K-1, or K-3. All other visas no matter where you live, go through Montreal. As well, K-1's and K-3's East of Manitoba go through Montreal. Just thought I'd clarify that.

To the OP:

Just an aside as you're already getting good and accurate information here, check out the timelines at the Consulate, and other Canada/US immigration questions in the Canada Forum! There is also a VJ Wiki Canada page to check out as well.

Best of luck!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I just spoke with DOS (I got the phone number from posts here :) ) All they could tell me was that we are not yet scheduled. I will call them once a week I guess, until we get the notice.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and information. It is appreciated more than you realize.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If one reads the Guides, they will know what documentation is required for future events, like the K-1 Interview, the AOS submittal and subsequent interview, the N-400 Interview, etc. One can start assembling the required documents now way ahead of what the Embassy tells you. It is a lot of work.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

the Embassy states 4-6 months in their Packet 3 letter. I believe they do this as a conservative measure to eliminate unecessary inquiries etc....

I emailed MTL in March and requested a date before June because of personal circumstances and they replied that they noted my file and I would interview likely in May. I called DOS every week for an update...they invited us to do so.

N-400 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.