Mr confused

Pregnancy and medicaid

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You and your child as citizens can collect all the benifits that are available. Your wife is a new resident and as a condition of coming you promised that you would support her and that if she ends up on need based benifits you will pay those costs back. It is part of the argeement we all make to bring our loved ones here . That includes medical bills.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

as of now i dont have eigther insurance in my first job and only get 20hrs from my second job meaning dont have a way to even make it for these i was thinking of quiting the 2nd job so i could get accepted into medicaid my k1 fiance that is now my wife is due in late may or 1st of june been wondering if i go for medicaid do we still get billed and get my wife in trouble for being accepted into medicaid other people that i talk to say that i could be accepted however need to quite the 2nd job i just dont want my wife to even have problems in the future just dont want to pay the 30,000 dls for haveing a c season and thought by going for medicaid was the best obtion thats y im now confused about even applying :(

Check on it but as I posted earlier Dep. Human Resources won't allow a GC holder to apply for any kind of means tested benefits.

"Congratulations on the pregnancy and good luck to your application. " Getting pregnant when not able to afford such isn't a thing to congradulate people for.

I congratulate ALL those that "worked at" NOT getting pregnant when they can't afford to!!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
as of now i dont have eigther insurance in my first job and only get 20hrs from my second job meaning dont have a way to even make it for these i was thinking of quiting the 2nd job so i could get accepted into medicaid my k1 fiance that is now my wife is due in late may or 1st of june been wondering if i go for medicaid do we still get billed and get my wife in trouble for being accepted into medicaid other people that i talk to say that i could be accepted however need to quite the 2nd job i just dont want my wife to even have problems in the future just dont want to pay the 30,000 dls for haveing a c season and thought by going for medicaid was the best obtion thats y im now confused about even applying :(

Check on it but as I posted earlier Dep. Human Resources won't allow a GC holder to apply for any kind of means tested benefits.

"Congratulations on the pregnancy and good luck to your application. " Getting pregnant when not able to afford such isn't a thing to congradulate people for.

I congratulate ALL those that "worked at" NOT getting pregnant when they can't afford to!!

how do you know they didn't work at not getting pregnant..?? :unsure:

only fool-proof way not to get pregnant is not to have sex...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=193238&hl=

If you go here (a thread I made) you will see it says: Medicaid, food stamps, WIC and some other programs do NOT make you a public charge, therefore you should be ok :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Your only choice is right after birth to apply for emergncy medicaid. If you look it up you will see that this program is free and clear of the AOS that you had to sign. WIC isn't covered under the AOS but it's not medical insurance. EM will only cover the the birth of the baby ( the day or days your wife stays in the hospital curing birth) You can apply for medicaid for you baby as he/she is a citizen and not covered under the AOS

:thumbs: This is correct. THere is too much misinformation in this post. The Emergeny Medicaid for Aliens program is specifically excluded from the list of Means Tested Benefits. Apply and if you qualify, utilize this benefit without any concerns for your AOS processing. The benefit to the Alien is for all costs associated with the labor and delivery, including any complications that arise to the mother. Application for the newly born child is a different thing. Although, if the married alien met the qualifitions for the Emergency Medicaid for Aliens program, it is most likely the baby will meet the requirements for Regular Medicaid. This will cover all (most) costs for the baby. As the baby is a US Citizen, there is no effect of the Alien's AOS procesing.

-Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.