notscenenough

Approved but no green card thread.

187 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks guys. I got my email about 2 hours ago. There is still hope!

Got my fingers crossed for you all!

26 December 2004 - Got married!

5 March - Applied for AOS and all that fun stuff

18 October 2006 - 2 Year conditional Greencard arrived!

June 17th - Applied to remove conditions at VSC

July 25th - Received biometrics appointment

August 15th - biometrics app complete

September 15th - Infopass appointment to get extension on card.

Feb 27th - Transfered to CSC

April 2nd - Approval letter received

April 22nd - Email stating my card was mailed today!

May 1st - Greencard arrived!

Feb 2009 - Divorced

October 31st 2010 - Getting married!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks guys. I got my email about 2 hours ago. There is still hope!

Got my fingers crossed for you all!

Were you APPROVED on april 2 or got the approval letter on apri 2nd?

I got my letter on 8 april but my decision was april 2

Edited by notscenenough

Filing for N-400 now

Filed: Timeline

My approval date was March 27th, got the letter April 2nd.

26 December 2004 - Got married!

5 March - Applied for AOS and all that fun stuff

18 October 2006 - 2 Year conditional Greencard arrived!

June 17th - Applied to remove conditions at VSC

July 25th - Received biometrics appointment

August 15th - biometrics app complete

September 15th - Infopass appointment to get extension on card.

Feb 27th - Transfered to CSC

April 2nd - Approval letter received

April 22nd - Email stating my card was mailed today!

May 1st - Greencard arrived!

Feb 2009 - Divorced

October 31st 2010 - Getting married!!

Hi all, just got my approval letter today, although the case status online still shows as pending. It looks like the card might not arrive for a while judging by this thread... I didn't receive the NOA1, and my greencard expires in 4 days - do you think the approval letter will be enough for my employer? (they asked to see something that shows I can work after the original expiration date).

I'm sure they'll be fine, just wondered if anyone else was in this situation.

Thanks!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all, just got my approval letter today, although the case status online still shows as pending. It looks like the card might not arrive for a while judging by this thread... I didn't receive the NOA1, and my greencard expires in 4 days - do you think the approval letter will be enough for my employer? (they asked to see something that shows I can work after the original expiration date).

Thanks!

Just show your employer a receipt notice for I-751. It says that your status was extended for 1 year while they are processing your case. And during this year you can work and travel. I actually went to Canada and back with this receipt and an expired GC this January:) Or if you are really worried you can always make an infopass appointment, go to the field office and they will stamp your passport. Though since you are approved already, there is no need to spend a whole day waiting in line for a stupid stamp.

Good luck

9/17/08 - I-751 received by VSC

10/30/08 - biometrics

3/5/09 - transfer to CSC

4/6/09 - approval recieved by mail dated 4/2/09

4/21/09 - 'card in process' letter received by mail dated 4/16/09

5/8/09 - GC arrived in mail:)

12/23/11 - N-400 sent

4/21/12 - Citizenship interview

5/30/12 - Oath!

10/10/12 - I-130 for parents received at Chicago lock box

1/9/13 - I-130 approved, case forwarded to NVC

2/7/13 - AOS fee e-mail request

2/9/13 - AOS fee paid

2/16/13 - AOS mailed out

2/16/13 - Choice of agent e-mailed

2/25/13 - Choice of agent accepted by NVC

2/26/13 - IV bill e-mailed

2/27/13 - IV fee paid

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Add me onto this thread too (a VSC to CSC transfer case)....Approved w/approval letter (approved on 4/15/09)....but...

No online updates...No 10 yr green card....yet....

Oh well, I don't care. I have the "approval letter"....and that is sufficient written proof for me to show that I'm done with this removal of conditions stage of the immigration process....:) (think: no worries about interviews, rfes, or deportation)

Heck, I'm even going to cross the border to Canada with this approval letter next week, and with no new green card, and hopefully they won't give me any problems then.

I'm tired of letting the USCIS all over again. 8 months of just waiting for an approval is long enough...So who cares if they take an extra month or longer for the actual card...

Besides, they are going to take this this 10yr card away anyways when I get citizenship, so what's the point in having it anyways? A $545 "approval letter" is the same thing really, but in paper form....No need to waste the plastic for the card....

Ant (Still waiting for Baby, Done with I-751....)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Thanks!

Just show your employer a receipt notice for I-751. It says that your status was extended for 1 year while they are processing your case. And during this year you can work and travel. I actually went to Canada and back with this receipt and an expired GC this January:) Or if you are really worried you can always make an infopass appointment, go to the field office and they will stamp your passport. Though since you are approved already, there is no need to spend a whole day waiting in line for a stupid stamp.

Good luck

Thanks for replying!

That would work... but I didn't receive the receipt notice. I called up USCIS to request a duplicate, but that never showed either. I had an Infopass appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning just in case, but I've cancelled it since I received the approval notice: you're right, I don't want to stand in line for the stupid stamp!! I'm not too concerned really, I'm sure my employer will accept it. The DMV on the other hand... Think I'll have to wait for the greencard to show before I can renew my driver's license!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Timeline

Thanks for replying!

That would work... but I didn't receive the receipt notice. I called up USCIS to request a duplicate, but that never showed either. I had an Infopass appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning just in case, but I've cancelled it since I received the approval notice: you're right, I don't want to stand in line for the stupid stamp!! I'm not too concerned really, I'm sure my employer will accept it. The DMV on the other hand... Think I'll have to wait for the greencard to show before I can renew my driver's license!

I can't believe it only took you 2-3 months for the whole process! Good Job :thumbs:

BTW, I am planning to stamp my passport with a 10-yr stamp anyway (when I have time) just in case I loose a GC or whatever. Anything can happen.

10/30/08 - biometrics

3/5/09 - transfer to CSC

12/23/11 - N-400 sent

5/30/12 - Oath!

2/9/13 - AOS fee paid

2/16/13 - AOS mailed out

2/27/13 - IV fee paid

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm tired of letting the USCIS all over again. 8 months of just waiting for an approval is long enough...So who cares if they take an extra month or longer for the actual card...

That's how I was. I was like "I already have the approval, who cares!!!". Then 2 weeks passed and I'm back to bitching about waiting for it. I guess I enjoy this to some degree. Waiting for something awesome.

Filing for N-400 now

Timeline

That's how I was. I was like "I already have the approval, who cares!!!". Then 2 weeks passed and I'm back to bitching about waiting for it. I guess I enjoy this to some degree. Waiting for something awesome.

lol :star: ...ya toje

10/30/08 - biometrics

3/5/09 - transfer to CSC

12/23/11 - N-400 sent

5/30/12 - Oath!

2/9/13 - AOS fee paid

2/16/13 - AOS mailed out

2/27/13 - IV fee paid

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I am also waiting for my card.

My approval letter was received 4/4/09 with an approval date of 3/31/09.

I know the letter said card would be sent within 60 days but I really thought it might be only a couple of weeks until it was with me.

Back to the waiting game :mellow:

My GC approved too on 04/16/2009, and up till this moment I haven't seen the CARD in the mail. Anyway, let's hold our cool; it will start arriving soon. Congratulations to you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.