Henna Rose

Summer Reading ~ sizzlin' favorites?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
If I write a book are y'all going to read it????

It would be an interesting read :lol:

I would strongly encourage you to write !! There are stories to be told on the journeys in our lives :blush: I wrote a script several years ago and recently entered a Hollywood writing contest and just learned today that I advanced in the top 10% of nearly 4,500 entries :dance: I have also been thinking about writing some of my experiences in Morocco :unsure:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Currently reading Chicago by Alaa Al Aswani, next I am reading Eat Pray and Love...

Just finished that book a couple months ago. I didn't like the ending :( Loved the Yacoubian Building though (much better then the movie - aren't they always? :P )

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Currently reading Chicago by Alaa Al Aswani, next I am reading Eat Pray and Love...

Just finished that book a couple months ago. I didn't like the ending :( Loved the Yacoubian Building though (much better then the movie - aren't they always? :P )

I read The Yacoubian Building at the urging of more than one Egyptian who said that it really represented modern Cairene society... it kinda bummed me out. I still haven't watched the movie, though I have it around here somewhere. Maybe that will be one of my tasks this weekend :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I got lassoed (?) into reading the Twilight series-as my stepmother bought the series for my daughter. She is patiently waiting for me to finish the 3rd book as we are going to read the 4th together. I hear it is a little more intense?? My middle school students read it- so it will give me a good conversation starter with them next year. I also just finished "Tuesdays with Morrie". What a nice book- easy read and some powerful lessons for us all. I am wanting to read Eat, Pray, Love...as I hear it is fantastic. I am also now curious about "The Secret" as you all have shared..so I may find myself at the library later on today!

Summer is the only time I have for recreational reading.. It seems during the school year I am always too busy (or too tired!) to sit down and just lose myself in a book.

Happy Reading!

Baj

Edited by Bajih

ah. the longing....

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hated Chicago. I never read the Yacoubin Building but I hope it was better.

Eat Pray Love - loved it.

has anyone read Water for Elephants? it was great too.

and congratulations, Henna, thats really impressive! good for you!

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I can recommend 3 Cups of Tea, not an easy read but very touching story. Interesting.

Am reading Three Cups of Tea now. We considered it for our all-school read for next year but thought it might be too hard for the kids (high school level, but some reluctant readers in there).

I just finished Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella and loved it. I have Good Omens...good read?!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
has anyone read Water for Elephants? it was great too.

Funny, the author I work for has that on a preloaded Plawaway demo. (The company had given her a few samples bc she is making some of her books available on digital) I was wondering about it. I can borrow it and listen to it outside B) Will be starting Eat, Pray, Love soon then we can discuss !and congratulations, Henna, thats really impressive! good for you!

Thanks! I appreciate your wishes :blush:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So far Chicago isn't outstanding... I read the Yacoubian Building.. It was great.. May be Cairo isn't as gloomy as it was represented in it, but the plot and the characters were very well-written.. The movie was good too.. I recommend both.

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline
I just finished Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella and loved it. I have Good Omens...good read?!

Good Omens is excellent! Nothing like a comedy about the apocalypse for those steamy summer days. :thumbs: It sucks you in pretty quickly, and keeps you entertained.

Timeline

I just started reading Twilight!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.