JBean

Case Number not in system after 7 weeks?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

We applied for adjustment of status and EAD at the end of January with receipt dates of February 2nd. We completed biometrics some time ago, but our numbers have never become searchable in the online case status site. I didn't worry about that too much because others said it had happened to them, but according to the Visa Journey timelines almost everyone with a receipt number around out time received work authorization in late March or the first week of April and we hadn't heard anything so I called USCIS today. The woman on the phone said that she cannot tell us anything about the case because our numbers are not even in the database and that we have to wait up to 45 more days for further information on the case!

My husband has work lined up for the summer and we already have an apartment lease signed in the job location and have subleased our own place under the assumption that he would be able to work by June - Should I be panicked here? Is there any other route for finding out what is going on?

Thanks for any help or experiences you can share,

Jillian

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hello all,

We applied for adjustment of status and EAD at the end of January with receipt dates of February 2nd. We completed biometrics some time ago, but our numbers have never become searchable in the online case status site. I didn't worry about that too much because others said it had happened to them, but according to the Visa Journey timelines almost everyone with a receipt number around out time received work authorization in late March or the first week of April and we hadn't heard anything so I called USCIS today. The woman on the phone said that she cannot tell us anything about the case because our numbers are not even in the database and that we have to wait up to 45 more days for further information on the case!

My husband has work lined up for the summer and we already have an apartment lease signed in the job location and have subleased our own place under the assumption that he would be able to work by June - Should I be panicked here? Is there any other route for finding out what is going on?

Jillian

Ask to speak with an immigration officer - the people who answer the phone don't have access to your details so they're going to give you the speech about waiting more. Ask to speak with someone else and you should be transferred to someone who can actually view your case in the system and give you some info. We found out that our EAD was approved by calling.

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Hello all,

Jillian

It happened to me. Try that I-800 again. If the person at the first level is not able to see the number, request him/her to transfer you to the next level. The person at the next level will be able to access your reciept number.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks guys - I did get up to the next level and although she didn't say we were approved, it was at least comforting that she recognized the case. Hopefully it will come through before we have to leave town...

i wish you luck!! And hope everything goes well!!

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
after 90 days has passed, you can schedule an Infopass appt to speak with an immigration officer in person

If you haven't received an RFE, you can ask for service request based on the facts that your case is approaching the timeframe.

I took this from USCIS website:

"If your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, has been pending longer than 75 days since you filed and you have not received a request for evidence or missed a scheduled appointment, call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please note: The time between the mailing of a request for evidence and receipt of your response by USCIS does not count towards the 75 days. A missed appointment restarts this 75-day period"

Hope that will helps

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all,

Jillian

I counted the number of days from the date of your NOA1 up to this day and I end up with 74 days!!!!! way to go...call the 1800 # and ask for a service request regarding you EAD case that is approaching the its timeframe.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.