daisy111

Fiancee visa help....!!!

204 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
EVer heard the expression "Love is patient"

All you seem to care about is getting the US as FAST AS YOU POSSIBLY can....If you love your fiance...which you should since you want to marry him...then you will wait like the rest of us did...there are HEAPS of people on here who have been denied and have had to wait through waivers, through Administrative Processing, through denials and appeals and months after months...sometimes YEARS of waiting...but people on this site do it because they are in love and will do anything to be with their SO.

So far as I've seen no one decided the wait was too long and called off the process. If your only interest is to get to America...rethink the family migration route....if you truly love your fiance...then you'll wait just like the rest of us.

:yes:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry about your situation BUT. you did decide to overstay, even through you probably did not know at the time this was going to be brought up again. That was your choice.

We where caught up in AR (name checking) for 6 months, i thought my world would end! it took 9 months for me to get the visa and come to the US. Patience, a genuine love for your fiancee and a Immigration Attorney are the things that will help you through this.

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:time:

Maybe he could move to wherever it is you live (I can't say because you have no timeline and no info on your profile). Why do you have to move to the states, why can't he move to your country? If you love each other you'll find a way to stay together. If you broke the USA laws maybe that's the best option. Whatever you do, DO NOT LIE! Good luck! (F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

EVer heard the expression "Love is patient"

All you seem to care about is getting the US as FAST AS YOU POSSIBLY can....If you love your fiance...which you should since you want to marry him...then you will wait like the rest of us did...there are HEAPS of people on here who have been denied and have had to wait through waivers, through Administrative Processing, through denials and appeals and months after months...sometimes YEARS of waiting...but people on this site do it because they are in love and will do anything to be with their SO.

So far as I've seen no one decided the wait was too long and called off the process. If your only interest is to get to America...rethink the family migration route....if you truly love your fiance...then you'll wait just like the rest of us.

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: Timeline

He can't really move because he has a good business in the US...he believes contrary to all of your opinions on the forum that may be I will have the chance to get the visa and I won't get denied...But me personally after reading so many different opinions and most of them saying I will get denied for sure...I really lost all hope...i guess i have to prepare for the worst ... :cry:

All you can really do, daisy, is go through the process, and prepare for a waiver in the event you need one. And be sure that both of you have plenty of patience.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
All you can really do, daisy, is go through the process, and prepare for a waiver in the event you need one. And be sure that both of you have plenty of patience.

:yes: I agree. :yes:

And like the other posts, I suggest you get a consultation with a good immigration lawyer.

Good luck!

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

OK I have another question....as I see they will probably deny my visa but I was wondering when my interview will be - My initial receipt date is March 10th.....any suggestions??? :(:(

That's the $64,000 question..and the short answer is 'no idea'

If you get caught in AP it will take longer than average - look up the stats page on VJ showing AVERAGES for the Service center you are going thru, and then the Embassy you will be going thru for their average timelines..these figures are not set in stone as EACH case is decided on merit and is unique.

BTW - no-one knows FOR SURE if you WILL get denied - we aren't USCIS - we are all going on 'most likely scenario'. You MAY indeed get denied due to your circumstances - so the advice was to have a waiver ready just in case. If you are well prepared, and knowledable then that in itself is a time-saver.

Consult with an attorney - he will help guide you thru the paperwork if your case is not straightforward.

There are no shortcuts to this process and you will need time, strength and patience to go thru it

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

AP= Adminstrative processing = security checks

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I don't think any of us were trying to break your spirit, we were just being honest. Here is an excerpt from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrant...es_1315.html#1d

What If the Applicant Is Ineligible for a Visa?

Certain conditions and activities may make you, the applicant, ineligible for a visa. Examples of these ineligibilities are:

Drug trafficking

Having HIV/AIDS

Overstaying a previous visa

Practicing polygamy

Advocating the overthrow of the government

Submitting fraudulent documents

It says you MAY be ineligble, but it doesn't say that you're defintely, without a doubt, inelegible. So, not all is lost. I just really hope you were honest in your application.. Did you know that USCIS agents look at this board? Honesty is the best route. :yes:

Edited by grismar

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Daisy

I provided this information to you several days ago and several pages back. I suggest you now start reading up on the waiver process, especially approval rates, in your country. Waivers are approved every single day at many consulates. Since your interview date may be coming soon, you need to talk to an immigration attorney now and your fiance needs to start on the hardship letter now. That way, you will be ready to submit the waiver at the interview. Time to get moving.

You will be asked about time spent in the US under oath at the interview so you will have to answer truthfully. Therefore, your visa will be denied at the interview. You will then be given the opportunity to file the 601 waiver to "forgive" your illegal presence in the US. Based on what country you are from, it can be very difficult or easy. It is based on the US Citizen proving hardship to him, if your visa is denied and he is forced to relocate permanently to your country. The hardship letter and documentation should be prepared in advance of the interview - since you know you will be denied, you will want to submit it right then and there. You will also have to pay a fee for the waiver (about $265) plus have fingerprints taken ($85?). You are then required to stay in your country during the processing and adjudication of the waiver.

Like everyone else has recommended, the first place to start is with an immigration attorney who is well qualified and experienced in 601 waivers specifically. Try Laurel Scott www.visacentral.net - she also has free chats on Wednesday mornings and will do phone or email consultations. This will help you to understand your options clearly and to prepare for the interview/denial/wiaver process. You can also read more here about ineligibilities and waivers: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrant...es_1315.html#3d

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.