Kristymceneaney

Income Questions

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello I have a couple of questions regarding income? My husband and I are trying to get all of our documents together for the CR1. My question is what is the min income without having to have a co-sponser that i need to have had made in the previous 3 yrs? Also i was previous married during 2007 and we filed together will this affect anything? Thank you so much for your help.

Kristy Mc Eneaney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello I have a couple of questions regarding income? My husband and I are trying to get all of our documents together for the CR1. My question is what is the min income without having to have a co-sponser that i need to have had made in the previous 3 yrs? Also i was previous married during 2007 and we filed together will this affect anything? Thank you so much for your help.

Kristy Mc Eneaney

be honest with USCIS to answer every Question in the forms with the correct details as long as u r honest and it wasnt dne for immigrations purpose so everything should be fine and good

as of the poverty lines ..

please check the form I-864P

u can find it here :

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

good luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm not sure if CR1 is the same as K-1 but if you don't have any kids it's $17,850 or something close to that. But when my fiance went to the Dublin embassy they only looked at the last year of income, not the last 3 years.

Also FYI, it helps to be SUPER organized. They really really like it and know you're serious. We put all our stuff in a 3 ring binder with tabbed dividers.

Edited by hxxrmonkey

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Timeline
I'm not sure if CR1 is the same as K-1 but if you don't have any kids it's $17,850 or something close to that. But when my fiance went to the Dublin embassy they only looked at the last year of income, not the last 3 years.

yeah we don't have any kids (not yet always) :) . .... Yay your husband is from Ireland! good someone i can really relate to lol....

Thanks

Check the poverty guide lines site that No Where Man gave you, then you will know for sure. You financial for the embassy is based on the last year filed for taxes, plus any other assets "if have" Best to file the 2008 ASAP, I would say.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Check the poverty guide lines site that No Where Man gave you, then you will know for sure. You financial for the embassy is based on the last year filed for taxes, plus any other assets "if have" Best to file the 2008 ASAP, I would say.

Well last year i was a full time student for about 4 r 5 months outta the year and i only made a lil over $15000. but the previous two yrs it more more and i currently have a job now making more so will i need to get a co-sponsor? Thank you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I hope it's only for the last year. I was hardly worked in '06 and only for half of '07 (I had a baby). Here are the 2009 poverty guidelines: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/09poverty.shtml

You have to make 125% of that to not need a second sponsor.

Where are ye from in IRL? I'm a Dub

USCIS

01/05/09 - Mailed I-130

NVC

03/13/09 - Case # assigned

04/15/09 - Case Complete

[/color]

Ciudad Juarez

06/02/09 - Visa Interview - canceled

09/17/09 - Visa Interview - denied

11/19/09 - Waiver Interview -approved next day

11/24/09 - Green Card and entered US

USCIS

09/21/11 - Mailed I-751

09/26/11 - I-751 delivered to CSC

09/27/11 - NOA1 date

Timeline

I hope it's only for the last year. I was hardly worked in '06 and only for half of '07 (I had a baby). Here are the 2009 poverty guidelines: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/09poverty.shtml

You have to make 125% of that to not need a second sponsor.

Where are ye from in IRL? I'm a Dub

I'm from Texas my husband is from Dundalk

I sure hope they take into consideration CURRENT income because if they only use 2008 I am totally SCREWED. But I got a great job in December.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline

yeah we don't have any kids (not yet always) :) . .... Yay your husband is from Ireland! good someone i can really relate to lol....

Thanks

Hehe, ya we just finished the whole process and he's coming over on Thursday, so if you have any questions you can PM me, I'm happy to help :)

Good luck!

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Timeline

I sure hope they take into consideration CURRENT income because if they only use 2008 I am totally SCREWED. But I got a great job in December.

They did for us, I only just got my job at the beginning of August so my tax return showed below poverty level because technically I had only earned 5 months income for 2008, BUT I had a letter from my boss and my job offer with the full year's income listed, and they took it no problem. Good luck! :D

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Timeline

Hey guys, boy you Dubs are popping up a lot lately:D I'll just address you all generally and say the Dublin embassy is VERY understanding so I wouldn't worry so much about your income. As long as you have plenty of proof of a job that pays enough it doesn't matter if you've actually MADE enough yet or not. My fiance took in a signed letter on letterhead from my boss, and a copy of my job offer, along with my tax returns for 2006, 2007, and 2008 (none of which showed I had made enough money!) and they said oh yea, that's not problem at all. Also, they didn't even look at the rest of our packet, the only thing they looked at was my financial support, and they took that and kept it.

Also just FYI, Dublin sent him the financial affadavit from 2007 that requires a notary, but there's a new one that doesn't. I actually sent him back BOTH, with just the one from 2007 notarized. I think I wrote all this in the embassy review...

Good luck everyone, PM me if you have more questions! :D

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.