Kenza

Moroccans out there or Moroccan SO

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
There was a time in my marriage that I made some drastic changes. I took off my hijab and talked about my religious beliefs with my husband. The scarf was a BIG deal (for a while). He was upset and I cried (cause I'm dramatic like that :thumbs: ) and our argument escalated to the point where I said: "If I'm such a bad wife, why don't you go back to Morocco and marry a Moroccan woman that wears the hijab and is a perfect Muslim!" After that, he started to cry and said he didn't want a Moroccan woman, or a perfect Muslim wife. He wanted ME. That moment made me realize that my husband is not with me because he thinks I'm an American tramp, or for a thrill. He is with me because he loves ME.

I've also asked him why he never married a Moroccan woman and he said they're not as fun or as beautiful as I am and he can't talk to them about the same things he can talk to me about. So in my personal experience I have not seen a preference for Moroccan women over American women/me. I guess I am lucky :)

I've said the same thing many times during arguments lol and he responds the same way...amazing how much MENA men are alike :)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if I am only woman here that hasn't worn, isn't going wear and hasn't been asked to wear hijab.

Just curious. I am not Muslim and not planning on, nor being stressed about, converting.

However I do have the utmost respect for those who follow their hearts and beliefs and do so.

I do keep my mind and heart open to the stories, lessons and traditions of my husband's religion and culture.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
What I love is the generalization that Moroccan men should beware of American women and Morroccan women are more desirable than American women in the long run...why?

Not all Moroccan men feel the same, or think that a woman should be a soldier on the army of her husband. :whistle:

:thumbs: It is nice to see a man that choose his wife, not by his culture, but by his heart. Your wife is indeed a lucky woman.

But one thing that stands out. Why is it that some MENA men claim that American women are all tramps? I suspect it is where they hang out. If you hang out at clubs, which it appears by this particular poster (in a different thread) that he does, then of course you are going to find the wild women....that is what you were looking for after all, wasn't it. If you are looking for a good woman here you can find that. It all depends on what you want to find. What category does this place Adam in? :whistle:

Sorry Adam, your "holier than thou" attitude just doesn't wash. If you want to be pointing fingers you should be looking in the mirror.

You don't have to go to clubs to get that impression. America's largest export is culture, thru tv shows, movies and music. If you grow up in a tradtional ME country, the way women behave and are portrayed in any of those is pretty rauch in comparison to your own. And, the sexual freedom western women have in relation to ME women, western women are easier and drop their drawers much more quickly and easily because the social stigma of doing so is far less, and the consequences are negligible. If you didn't grow up there, it may seem strange to think that way, but it is what it is.

This may be true, but I can only base it on where I live. You don't see that here as an everyday thing. Any where we go their are modestly dressed women, and families. But what is seen on TV, movies, and music is not the general behavior, but rather a facade. So if that is what they are basing it on it is not accurate. Also I still stand by the fact that they simply hide it better there. Not just the men, but the women. As much as a man tries to tell a woman that he can tell if she is a virgin or not, it just isn't true. Any woman could lie about it, and unless they actually saw the act they wouldn't know differently.

Adam has already shown his true colors in the OT thread. So yes, he looked for it and he found it.

I'm only going to live ones in this life, so I chose whats going to make happy. good luck to you to.

Timeline

Best advise to Moroccan men who are Married to western women, do not try to compare your wifes to your moms sisters girls from Morocco? they are just different and its hard to change them. Don't look at the positive side of the American women and live the rest behind.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Best advise to Moroccan men who are Married to western women, do not try to compare your wifes to your moms sisters girls from Morocco? they are just different and its hard to change them. Don't look at the positive side of the American women and live the rest behind.

I'm pretty sure if a Moroccan man married a western woman he is happy with the woman he chose. If they wanted a Moroccan woman they should have married a Moroccan woman. You can't marry into a COMPLETELY different culture and expect the people to act the same way. I don't expect my husband to act like an American man.

Adam I think you should just stop talking. You're digging yourself into a deep hole and no one here agrees with you.

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What I love is the generalization that Moroccan men should beware of American women and Morroccan women are more desirable than American women in the long run...why?

Not all Moroccan men feel the same, or think that a woman should be a soldier on the army of her husband. :whistle:

:thumbs: It is nice to see a man that choose his wife, not by his culture, but by his heart. Your wife is indeed a lucky woman.

But one thing that stands out. Why is it that some MENA men claim that American women are all tramps? I suspect it is where they hang out. If you hang out at clubs, which it appears by this particular poster (in a different thread) that he does, then of course you are going to find the wild women....that is what you were looking for after all, wasn't it. If you are looking for a good woman here you can find that. It all depends on what you want to find. What category does this place Adam in? :whistle:

Sorry Adam, your "holier than thou" attitude just doesn't wash. If you want to be pointing fingers you should be looking in the mirror.

You don't have to go to clubs to get that impression. America's largest export is culture, thru tv shows, movies and music. If you grow up in a tradtional ME country, the way women behave and are portrayed in any of those is pretty rauch in comparison to your own. And, the sexual freedom western women have in relation to ME women, western women are easier and drop their drawers much more quickly and easily because the social stigma of doing so is far less, and the consequences are negligible. If you didn't grow up there, it may seem strange to think that way, but it is what it is.

This may be true, but I can only base it on where I live. You don't see that here as an everyday thing. Any where we go their are modestly dressed women, and families. But what is seen on TV, movies, and music is not the general behavior, but rather a facade. So if that is what they are basing it on it is not accurate. Also I still stand by the fact that they simply hide it better there. Not just the men, but the women. As much as a man tries to tell a woman that he can tell if she is a virgin or not, it just isn't true. Any woman could lie about it, and unless they actually saw the act they wouldn't know differently.

Adam has already shown his true colors in the OT thread. So yes, he looked for it and he found it.

I'm only going to live ones in this life, so I chose whats going to make happy. good luck to you to.

You go right ahead and do what you want. None of us really give a flying rats a$$ what you do. But to be fair to your wife you need to get a divorce so that she can find a good man with high standards and morals, one that deserves her. IMO you have no business claiming to be a Muslim you're a very poor example. Nor do you have any rights judging any one else for their behavior.

BTW, that pic of you in bed with 4 women, it is obvious that there was nothing sexually going on between the 5 of you. I suspect their standards were too high for you as well. How wrong of you to claim there was.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

You go right ahead and do what you want. None of us really give a flying rats a$$ what you do. But to be fair to your wife you need to get a divorce so that she can find a good man with high standards and morals, one that deserves her. IMO you have no business claiming to be a Muslim you're a very poor example. Nor do you have any rights judging any one else for their behavior.

BTW, that pic of you in bed with 4 women, it is obvious that there was nothing sexually going on between the 5 of you. I suspect their standards were too high for you as well. How wrong of you to claim there was.

OOOOO Burn! :wow::pop:

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is that really what you're going to tell Allah (swt) on the day of judgment? Really?

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Is that really what you're going to tell Allah (swt) on the day of judgment? Really?

It is quite obvious that his comment was giving Allah the virtual finger.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Wow... that is so sad to me. Muslim or not, people should never do that to God. :(

kb7wan37jt.png

Timeline

Wow... that is so sad to me. Muslim or not, people should never do that to God. :(

1 st of all out of respect lets keep Allah out if this conversation please? I'm not representing Islam or the Moroccan culture, I'm open to all kind of logic and cridical conversations

You girls are mean I didn't know what did I do to diserve all this from you, I know what can of people are you, I'm glad I'm not married to anybody like you and I really feel sorry for your spouses who have to deal with your big mouth everyday.

If I wanted to sleep with 1000 girls in 1 bed thats my business, and have nothing to do with anybody or this topic.

Timeline
Best advise to Moroccan men who are Married to western women, do not try to compare your wifes to your moms sisters girls from Morocco? they are just different and its hard to change them. look at the positive side of the American women and live the rest behind.

I ment look at the good thing that the western women is capable of doing and live the rest behind.

whats wrong with that frase? I'm just trying to help based on my experience.

Filed: Timeline

My husband reads the moroccan news everyday online and he thinks the gov & politics is too corrupt in morocco. Like how the kings crazy family can pretty much do whatever they want and get away with it. And the people don't have control of theyre life when it comes to changing the way the city does things like wqe do here in the states.

Timeline

1 st of all out of respect lets keep Allah out if this conversation please? I'm not representing Islam or the Moroccan culture, I'm open to all kind of logic and cridical conversations

You girls are mean I didn't know what did I do to diserve all this from you, I know what can of people are you, I'm glad I'm not married to anybody like you and I really feel sorry for your spouses who have to deal with your big mouth everyday.

If I wanted to sleep with 1000 girls in 1 bed thats my business, and have nothing to do with anybody or this topic.

First of all, if you are Muslim, and there is no keeping him out of this conversation....and you know that full well. When you came into this conversation you had not one kind word to say about American women. So realistically who is the mean one? Perhaps you feel sorry for our spouses, but you must keep one thing in mind. Our spouses do not behave like you, therefore they have our 100% respect. I don't speak to my husband the way I speak to you because he doesn't behave like you...he is a true man.

Like I stated, I don't care how many woman you sleep with. But you were the one bragging about it on another thread, and then accused a sister of ours of sleeping with a thousand men. How hypocritical of you. You opened yourself up to this criticism, so take it like a man. You may feel sorry for our husbands, that is fine. But at least our husbands are not bragging about how many women they are sleeping with. Personally I think your wife deserves better. Shame on you!

Timeline

First of all, if you are Muslim, and there is no keeping him out of this conversation....and you know that full well. When you came into this conversation you had not one kind word to say about American women. So realistically who is the mean one? Perhaps you feel sorry for our spouses, but you must keep one thing in mind. Our spouses do not behave like you, therefore they have our 100% respect. I don't speak to my husband the way I speak to you because he doesn't behave like you...he is a true man.

Like I stated, I don't care how many woman you sleep with. But you were the one bragging about it on another thread, and then accused a sister of ours of sleeping with a thousand men. How hypocritical of you. You opened yourself up to this criticism, so take it like a man. You may feel sorry for our husbands, that is fine. But at least our husbands are not bragging about how many women they are sleeping with. Personally I think your wife deserves better. Shame on you!

I'm done with you Adam. May God help you.

kb7wan37jt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.