Chrisvy

Any April I-130 filers?

550 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I guys... Kindly accommodate a new april filer (actually hand noa1 in march but effective date is april.. long story) ... I have had to walk through hell facing USCIS regarding my UNIQUE :angry: experience on naturalization .. i am so tired that i cant stand to speak with USCIS people. :unsure: :unsure: . Visa journey processing times page indicates that applications filed on april 10th are currently being processed.... Hope this is good news for us..

Welcome, unreliableuscis

Looks like we have our first April filer approval so you joined just in time. :star:

Thanks Brian/Donna.... :)

I have a theory... (based on data analysis... STRESSING on the word theory...).... The current "regular" processing date is between march 20th and march 23rd, 2009 (these are NOA1 dates).... People with NAO1s between these dates have received NOA2 and RFEs between May 25th and June 09.... Please note.. this is only based on the data I have....

There are a lot of cases that are PENDING after March 23rd...

Also .. they seem to have sent a lot of RFE's in June.. so MAY be .. just MAY be.. its that they zipped through normal process (the ones without REFs) pretty quickly.. and right now they are processing cases with RFE's.... (please keep in mind that USCIS may have just finished processing H1 visas as well approx 40,000 of them)

there is a HUGE variation between the NOA2 dates for those who had NOA1 between March 20th and March 23rd.. considering its only a 3-day gap.. and the NOA2 dates vary from May 25th to June 09.. (which is almost a 2 week period)....

Considering these dates .. If CSC goes 1 on 1 with NOA1 and NAO2 dates... I would think my I-130 may be approved after 2 weeks (my effective NOA1 date is april 9th)... but considering the wild variation of NOA2 for applications with NOA1 between March 20th and March 23rd.. my approval may be between 2 and 4 weeks....

These are my observations on current processing trend.. but again things may change..

I do not know if this observation helps anyone .. but just wanted to share my thoughts.. I am sure everybody had the same feeling (without my analysis :P) about the dates.. but its just that it gives me a little more certainty... and hope.. that there is nothing wrong with my case.. and my case lies within the current trends!! Hope you all feel the same...

P.S. If you think I am a real nerd.. I agree....

Please note my previous post was only on CSC!!!! I have no clue about other service centers...

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guys... Kindly accommodate a new april filer (actually hand noa1 in march but effective date is april.. long story) ... I have had to walk through hell facing USCIS regarding my UNIQUE :angry: experience on naturalization .. i am so tired that i cant stand to speak with USCIS people. :unsure: :unsure: . Visa journey processing times page indicates that applications filed on april 10th are currently being processed.... Hope this is good news for us..

Welcome, unreliableuscis

Looks like we have our first April filer approval so you joined just in time. :star:

Thanks Brian/Donna.... :)

I have a theory... (based on data analysis... STRESSING on the word theory...).... The current "regular" processing date is between march 20th and march 23rd, 2009 (these are NOA1 dates).... People with NAO1s between these dates have received NOA2 and RFEs between May 25th and June 09.... Please note.. this is only based on the data I have....

There are a lot of cases that are PENDING after March 23rd...

Also .. they seem to have sent a lot of RFE's in June.. so MAY be .. just MAY be.. its that they zipped through normal process (the ones without REFs) pretty quickly.. and right now they are processing cases with RFE's.... (please keep in mind that USCIS may have just finished processing H1 visas as well approx 40,000 of them)

there is a HUGE variation between the NOA2 dates for those who had NOA1 between March 20th and March 23rd.. considering its only a 3-day gap.. and the NOA2 dates vary from May 25th to June 09.. (which is almost a 2 week period)....

Considering these dates .. If CSC goes 1 on 1 with NOA1 and NAO2 dates... I would think my I-130 may be approved after 2 weeks (my effective NOA1 date is april 9th)... but considering the wild variation of NOA2 for applications with NOA1 between March 20th and March 23rd.. my approval may be between 2 and 4 weeks....

These are my observations on current processing trend.. but again things may change..

I do not know if this observation helps anyone .. but just wanted to share my thoughts.. I am sure everybody had the same feeling (without my analysis :P) about the dates.. but its just that it gives me a little more certainty... and hope.. that there is nothing wrong with my case.. and my case lies within the current trends!! Hope you all feel the same...

P.S. If you think I am a real nerd.. I agree....

Please note my previous post was only on CSC!!!! I have no clue about other service centers...

You seem to have done some research and calculations. I could tell that the uscis slowed down for a few weeks, but now it looks like they are picking up, not nearly as fast as before for the jan and feb filers. For me, due to my cirmstances with my case, the lawyer advised me to go to the interview with my wife. So because I am planning on going there, I don't think I can go there before January so I am being patient, because I already have the nvc papers already done. So I don't really analyze the anticipated approval times, I am just waiting for the time to come.

Edited by Brian and Dona

Filed: Timeline

Hello all April filers, including me, did everyone notice the update at the CSC ? They updated the processing time page on the USCIS website. It went from May to June 15. They are now saying for the I-130 for the spouse that the processing is now 5 months instead of 6 months. I was so excited last night when i checked!!!! Isnt that exciting news??????? Im so excited!!!!

That must mean that are cases are going to be done earlier than six months. Yeah!!!!

Now do the processing times on that page mean from the time i filed until when i receive my NOA2 or from the time i file to when my interview is approved? Can anyone answer this? Well, i hadnt seen anyone mention the update to the processing time page on the USCIS website so i wanted to tell everyone if you didnt see it.

Good luck everyone and i hope we all go to our mailboxes this week and see our NOA2s.

Best of luck and hugs, sweetcitywife

:dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all April filers, including me, did everyone notice the update at the CSC ? They updated the processing time page on the USCIS website. It went from May to June 15. They are now saying for the I-130 for the spouse that the processing is now 5 months instead of 6 months. I was so excited last night when i checked!!!! Isnt that exciting news??????? Im so excited!!!!

That must mean that are cases are going to be done earlier than six months. Yeah!!!!

Now do the processing times on that page mean from the time i filed until when i receive my NOA2 or from the time i file to when my interview is approved? Can anyone answer this? Well, i hadnt seen anyone mention the update to the processing time page on the USCIS website so i wanted to tell everyone if you didnt see it.

Good luck everyone and i hope we all go to our mailboxes this week and see our NOA2s.

I just checked the USCIS site and noticed exactly the same thing..It used to be six months..

and I have exactly the same question that u have ...hopefully someone knows the answer...

I-130 Journey

04-18-09 - I-130 sent USPS Priority to Chicago Lockbox

04-24-09 - I-130 received by USCS and the first touch

04-27-09 - I-130 NOA1 (California Service Center)

04-27-09 - Check Cashed

08-13-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 e-mail

08-17-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

08-17-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09-08-09 - NVC sent the first mail to the petitioner

09-08-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

09-08-09 - E-mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

09-10-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

09-10-09 - IV Bill Generated

09-11-09 - Paid IV Bill

09-11-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032(received an e-mail)

09-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

09-15-09 - I-864 received at NVC

09-16-09 - Mailed IV Package(DS-230)

09-17-09 - DS-230 package delivered to NVC(confirmed via fed-ex)

09-21-09 - NVC received the DS-230

09-23-09 - NVC sent an e-mail asking for DS-230 package

09-24-09 - NVC confirmed that the DS-230 package received

09-26-09 - Login Failed!!!

09-28-09 - Case Completed at NVC --------------------------------------------------NVC stage is completed in 38 days

01-27-10 - Medical

02-05-10 - Interview Date

04-14-10 - POE

Done with USCIS until Apr 14,2012 (Removal of Conditions)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just checked the USCIS site and noticed exactly the same thing..It used to be six months..

and I have exactly the same question that u have ...hopefully someone knows the answer...

its from the time you file till NOA2

nvc is a different ball game

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Bunzarelli, for the info that helps me to understand better.

I like when you use the glitter eyelid. But the stick man is cute to.

Thanks again, sweetcitywife

waiting patiently

:wacko:

its from the time you file till NOA2

nvc is a different ball game

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I noticed that yesterday to.. and i was initially esctatic.. however.. april included a lot of approvals from february when there was a surge in approvals.. so my excitement went down a little bit.. I know I am being a pessimist.. but it might just jump to 6 months again.. :(.. I HOPE IT DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :((

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

So I spoke to an officer today and she told me that I should receive an approval soon, but then said it should take a couple more months which was confusing.....to me soon means 1 week or so :P She was trying to find out what cases as in dates they were working on but had no luck.

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lmao @ soon meaning a couple months

these ppl must take families for granted

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Im going to try and give them a call again later in the afternoon....

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Good morning April Filers, just wanted to know how everyone is doing. I just checked USCIS and we got a touch, now I do not know what else comes with that but at least it was touched , can only pray and believe God for our Approval notice.

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Senegal

Marriage : 06-09-09

I-130 Sent : 04-09-09

I-130 Approved : 08-25-09

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received: 09-08-09

Case Completed at NVC : 10-23-09

NVC Left : 11-13-09

Completed Medical:12-02-09

Interview Date : 12-17-09 (7:30am)

2nd interview: 12-31-09 Approved

Visa Received : VISA IN HAND!!!01-05-10

POE : 01-06-10 WASH DULLES VERY EASY AND FAST!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I just checked USCIS and we got a touch, now I do not know what else comes with that but at least it was touched , can only pray and believe God for our Approval notice.

Congrats ! It seems they are working on the April petitions, I'm seeing the dawn of hope, :) although still no touch for me~~

I-130 California Service Center

04/16/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

04/20/2009 - I-130 Received

04/24/2009 - I-130 NOA1

05/xx/2009 - Called Military Helpline, Expedite denied...now hubby's underway

08/13/2009 - touch

08/22/2009 - RFE left USCIS ,according to the website

09/23/2009 - still haven't got RFE from USCIS in the mail, requested them to send another copy of the letter

10/06/2009 - I130 approved , Never got the RFE though!

NVC

01/06/2010 - DS230 Sent

01/13/2010 - REF, supplemental information sheet required

01/18/2010 - supplemental info sheet sent

01/25/2010 - sign in failed

03/01/2010 - PINK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
I just checked USCIS and we got a touch, now I do not know what else comes with that but at least it was touched , can only pray and believe God for our Approval notice.

Congrats ! It seems they are working on the April petitions, I'm seeing the dawn of hope, :) although still no touch for me~~

Well touches don't always mean for an approval right away but we are believing God for all of us to be united with our spouses as we ought to.

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Senegal

Marriage : 06-09-09

I-130 Sent : 04-09-09

I-130 Approved : 08-25-09

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received: 09-08-09

Case Completed at NVC : 10-23-09

NVC Left : 11-13-09

Completed Medical:12-02-09

Interview Date : 12-17-09 (7:30am)

2nd interview: 12-31-09 Approved

Visa Received : VISA IN HAND!!!01-05-10

POE : 01-06-10 WASH DULLES VERY EASY AND FAST!!

It's actually from the time you send in your petition to USCIS approval (NOA2). They don't really care about your petition time in NVC or the embassy... all they care about is your appoval or NOA2.

Hope that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.